Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 19, 2024, 04:09:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

6-10-08 Tuesday in the prison

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6-10-08 Tuesday in the prison  (Read 158 times)
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« on: June 11, 2008, 08:42:51 am »

Hello all, Tuesday night this week was another first for me in the prisons.  Tonight we had 11 men.  Some of them looked like they had never been in a church ever.  As the message was given on salvation and forgiveness, each one of them gave their life to the Lord.  One of the men kept interrupting the service by telling his friend to tell us, " I need to accept Jesus as my Lord".   I told him in a minute that we would make a call for all those that wanted to give their lives to the Lord.   He was so anxious.

The amazing thing about this night was the officer that was watching them.  When she first came in you could see in her face  that she may have been thinking, How did I get so lucky to come in here and have to listen to these people?  As the service went on she began listening to it and softening. 

After Vinnie gave his message I got up and was blunt with these people.  I said If you died tonight where would you go? The officer cam and sat down with the inmates Praise God.  Tears were rolling down and I explained how unforgiveness will separate you from God.  I explained Hell to them and told them, It really does not matter what you believe, In the end,  Gods way will be done.  His word says that every knee will bow and every tongue confess Jesus is Lord.   I told them there will be no atheists in Hell.  When you die without Jesus you will soon realize he is Lord and spend your eternity with your sins ever before you and crying out to the God you rebuked in life.  When we got to the alter call ---- She was the first to jump out of her seat to receive Christ.  Praise God.   Some of the inmates actually got on their hands and knees before God.

I know that working in these places is a hard job and you can see the hardness of hearts that these men and women wear on their faces, but praise be to our Lord the walls are being broken and now we have a new light to shine to show them the way.  I thank God for what he is doing in there.

I thank you oh Lord for this opportunity to share your word once again with your lost children.  I thank you for giving me the message of hope in a dark time.  I thank you that they will turn from their lives of sin and walk with you.  I thank you that they will be a light to their families and their children and families will come to know you.  God you are so worthy of our praises,  You are so mighty.  continue to guide us with your Holy Spirit.  Continue to lead us to the lost. Thank you for loving us when we were yet sinners, thank you for giving us your Son to die for us that by his sacrifice we could share our eternity with you, not separated from our loving Father but we will rejoice forever in your goodness and mercy.  I praise you my Lord and worship you, I lift my voice to the Heavens and shout to you your praises.  May your will be done in my life as I seek not my own way but your way in my life.  I surrender to you my entire life that you will be glorified on this earth.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cometsweep32

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:04:20 am »

Wow Laurie!  Yet antother great testimony from you and your ministry.  Praise God that people are turning their lives over to Jesus.  That must be a truly awesome thing to witness.  God Bless You for what you do Laurie.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Ljclaire

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 09:16:47 am »

We were talking last night on the way home of how going into a prison is such a party for us, how we are celebrating with the angels in Heaven over these men and women.  There is no party on Earth that can compare to the high feeling you get when someone is saved from Hell and you were a part of bringing them to our Lord.

I told the men last night that healings are a miracle, but the greatest miracle of all is when you surrender your life to our Lord and your name is written in the lambs book of life.. All of Heaven is rejoicing over even one person.  So the party extends even into the heavens.  Hallelujah.  Our God is so awesome.

There is nothing that can compare to being in Gods will in your life and giving to his children the message of Life.  When we start being givers instead of receivers we will be so much more blessed, by God and by our obedience.  You will see Gods power in your life and you will begin to hear from him through his holy spirit. I urge you to share Gods love with others, your rewards will be waiting for you in heaven.

Matthew 16:27 says:
" For the son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works."

Are we storing up good works so that when this glorious day comes Jesus will have rewards for us?  It is up to us how we will be seen in Gods eyes on that day.  The decisions we make on this Earth will reflect our lives in eternity forever.  God bless you all, Amen
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 09:45:28 am »

Amen Laurie! 

How blessed you are to grab the opportunity to allow God to work through you for all these folks lives that are touched by your team in the prisons!  I can almost see you rejoicing in the car on the way home!  Praise God! 

God's judgement is already working in our lives, but there is a future, final judgement when Christ returns and everyone's life is reviewed and evaluated.  This won't be confined to only unbelievers.  Christians will face the judgement seat too.  Their eternal destiny is secure, but Jesus will look at how we've handled gifts, opportunities, and responsibilities in order to determine our heavenly rewards.  At the time of judgement, God will deliver the righteous and condemn the wicked.  We shouldn't judge other's salvation; that is God's work.

Thank-you for sharing these amazing times with us Sis! 

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Ljclaire

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 11:28:42 am »

that is true Georgie, we all have enough to do to get our own lives right.  It is good for us to search our own lives and see what God will see in us on that day.  We can do so much more than we are doing.  Reaching out to the lost.  I just wanted to give some food for thought. Amen.  Have a great day.
Report Spam   Logged

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 07:28:17 pm »

That's great food for thought Laurie!  I've recently quit one of my commitments solely to make myself more available to be able to participate more in our churches outreaches, and the blessings that come from doing this are immeasurable.  To see the faces of many hungry young street people when you bring a meal to the Station for them, or to pass out blankets, umbrellas, sandwiches, candy..anything...to them on the streets, gives us a chance to show the glory of God to these folks and share the gospel with them. 

I'd like to encourage everyone to take Laurie's words to heart.  Quote: "It is good for us to search our own lives and see what God will see in us on that day." 

Thanks Sis,
love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
tervana1

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:00:59 am »

Awesome words sisters!!

There is no greater feeling than to help someone in their walk with the Lord. Whether it be introducing them to Jesus or helping them through a difficulty in their lives. Even the small things we do...giving someone a lift to the store, cleaning someone's house, helping them with a bill they can't pay...anything that brings out the love of God in us will bring the love of God to them! You never know when a simple 'God bless you' will stay in the mind of an unbeliever and spark a yearning for what they saw in you. We have such wonderful opportunities to witness to the saving power of Jesus. Don't ever think that you don't have the knowledge or the calling to do so. We all are given specific gifts in order to reach the lost and the hurting. We just need to have the confidence to do it. God trusts us, why shouldn't we trust ourselves?  Be bold, never underestimate your abilities. 

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: