Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 29, 2024, 12:56:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I wanna ask

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wanna ask  (Read 260 times)
BaldEagle4Christ

« on: June 24, 2008, 09:48:49 am »

I wanna ask?? Cool
Why do you fall away from God?
I just thought i ask this questions ,so we can all learn from each other and maybe we can encourage you,too strive better for God..
Tell us how you feel,and why you feel the way you do why you  others fall away?
I am all ears.
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cometsweep32

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:23:05 pm »

Kenny,

I used to be a witch a long time ago.  What made me fall away from God was wanting to know why bad things happened to good people.  I also used to question God as to why He let me go through all the bad times that I did.  I didn't want to believe that a kind and loving God would let people suffer.  As I went on in my life and met other Christians they explained to me why this happens and it all made me sense to me.  I have learned that God lets things happen for a reason.  I learned it is so that we can draw closer to Him.  He wants us to be close to Him.  I hope this has helped a little bit.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:38:23 pm »

Kenny,

Good Question.  I know for me falling away from God was not sure of what it really meant.  All  I could see was the way I was brought up in life with so much hatred in the family.  I didn't like the hatred.  But I know that God led me to him and as I  struggle with what I have experienced,  I couldn't see A God truly as faithful as he is.  I struggle still a little with the racing thoughts and not sure what may come my way,  but I am standing firm with knowing that God loves me even when I fall on my face and he is always there to pick me up.   One Day There will be no more falling away From God,  as each day in his word I continue to learn more and more of Him and building my Faith.  I  think also that there are times we are too busy with what we want to do and don't give God the time or day.  We can pray and visit with other believers but If we got into his word on a daily basis and establish a relationship with The Almighty God,  All will fall in place for the Lord.   

God Bless You Kenny
Much Love to you bro.  smitten
Jackie
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
tervana1

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:07:52 pm »

Christie and Jackie what great responses. There are countless reasons people fall away or turn their backs on God Kenny. The biggest reason is because it's easier to live the way WE want to live rather than the way God wants us to. We are by nature very selfish creatures. We come into this world wanting everything and wanting it now. The selfish desires and the need to act on our sinful nature is born into us. Unfortunately the devils crafty ways can cause the most devoted Christian to step away from God. It's hard work being a Christian. God never told us it would be easy, if fact just the opposite. But He gives us instruction. We have to put on the full armor of God each and everyday and have the want and the desire to follow Him. Once we place Him so deep in our hearts and our daily lives the enemy cannot penetrate us. Praise be to God for saving us from this fallen world and giving us the promise of living forever in His presence.

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 06:33:42 am »

Amen and yes there is so many different reason why people fall away from God.
we all bneed too stand bye each other with Love aND pray for them.
Thanks all for your response.
in Christ love,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 02:45:34 pm »

Great answers, We do want to live the way we want to  live and sin is fun for a season.  There is a deceiver that tells us it is ok to live like we want to . Who needs God?  The truth is WE NEED GOD.  All of us and without him we will die and receive the rewards of our own choices.  We have to choose.  Whom will we serve?

Terri is right, God did not tell us it was an easy road.  He told us we would be persecuted for his name sake and even killed.  But the eternal life in Jesus is worth any suffering we do in this life.  And God has also given us all his blessings while we are on this earth.  We do not have to wait to get to heaven to receive them.  We wont need them in heaven. It is perfect there already Praise God.

I pray as I have posted these revelations of Hell that those who read it will understand that the bible tells us of this place and it is real.  Choose life with God today, for we have no promise for tomorrow.

Love Laurie
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 02:49:17 pm »

Amen Laurie,Amen.
Thank you all for your replyes.

Jesus said ontoo him.He is the way,the truth and Life,no man commeth ontoo thy Father but through him.John 14:16
So belive i wanna stay with God.
(((Huggs))))
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

peacenlite

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 04:18:24 pm »

Oh my brother, some turn away on purpose, and some are decieved into believing that what they are doing is harmless.  Remember David gazing upon Bathsheba and how that ended up?  I have heard it said that had David been doing what he should have been doing and gone off to war like the other kings this never would have happened.  It all boils down to answering to our flesh, as Terrie said, and not being spiritually strong enough to crucify our flesh.  We learn, if we choose to do so, to repent and lean on our Lord to teach us how to be holy, as He is holy.  Thanks be to God that he is merciful and just to forgive us Amen?   Sometimes it is just too easy to skip out on devotions and time with God.  We all know that we are powerless against the wiles of the devil, and without time in prayer and study, we are easy targets for the enemy.   The simple answer is laziness.

your sis in Christ
kathy
Report Spam   Logged
WingzOfGrace

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 04:30:19 pm »

As humans we have a rebellious nature.....we like to do our thing our way. We like to have fun and for some christianity carries too much responsibility.
For me falling away had to do with the terrible anger I carried with me over what happened to me as a child and young adult. I felt God didn't care (I know He does now). Also God didn't seem real to me. He was someone churches talked about, you read about Him in the Bible but He seemed so far away, not real. Anger will make you feel miles away from God.......I didn't  know that at the time. Now that the anger is gone I am able to see much clearer and know that God is real and that He loves me. PTL
Report Spam   Logged

The Lord bless the and keep thee: The Lord make His face shine upon thee and be gracious unto thee: The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee and give thee peace. Num. 6:24-26
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 04:36:57 pm »

We may be powerless without the word of God in our hearts but with his word and the name of Jesus we are more than over comers, we have all power in heaven and earth at our hands and there is no evil that can harm us when we are shod in the armor of God.  We must profess in faith who we are and that the devil has to run from us as we yield the sword of truth at him.  God reveal your word to us and make us know that we have power over the enemy and he has to flee from us.  We are not victims to him.  In Jesus name I will not worry about the devil but he sure better worry about me. He knows the ones that have power over him and he can not touch Gods anointed, we have the power to bind him and stop his evil in our lives, but we need to know and stand on what Gods word says.
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
birdiewoman1958

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:50 am »

amen amen laurie so true true true  thank you
Report Spam   Logged
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 06:45:00 am »

Yes Barb,
you are so right,One reason,Many people shy away from God because of Anger,bitterness,and not understanding God and his work.
Roman 6:23 The wages of Sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal Life in Chrit Jesus our Lord.
Some times our sin gets in the way too,and things happen when we continuely keep on sinning and know it is so wrong
This has been in my heart and thoughts latley.

We all  some times do not know what and why God allow certain things too come across our Life.Some good reasons are For our faith,our love for God and for our walk with God,to teach us,too help us too grow.
There are many reasons.
Like Laurie said God never said it was going too be easy.
Proverbs3:5 We Just have too trust in the Lord,and lean not ontoo our own understanding.
Barb,i love when you share alittle bit about your testimonie here and there where you was angery with God,but you found your way too God and i have seen you grow so much in the Lord.
You keep growing sis.I love ya very Much.
((Huggs))
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 10:30:08 am »

Well, how can I follow all those wonderful anwers and comments?  What more can I add?  Not much I would say.  Grin  I think ya'll pretty much covered it!!  God bless you all!! smitten
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
Char4Jesus

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 03:15:53 pm »

This is a bit off the subject, but sometimes God lets us go through hard times, illness, financial, etc  So that others and ourselves can see how God is there and how He does help.   I know that when I go through depressions, others can be watching to see if I lose faith in God, but I never will.  I know that He is always there right beside me and holding me.  I only pray that through those times others will find their way to our loving Father

Charlene
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: