Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 18, 2024, 01:52:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Live a godly life- flee from sin

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live a godly life- flee from sin  (Read 211 times)
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« on: July 21, 2008, 05:24:52 am »

I used to think that God would love me and I would be saved and I could live how I wanted and it would be ok when I die if I just ask for forgiveness.  That is a scary way to live.  The bible says that he wants us hot or cold but we are lukewarm he will spew us out of his mouth.  As we learn Gods ways and pray to him  we begin to love his ways and hate sin for what it is.  Sin will  stand in our way of a close relationship with God.

God wants to be first in our lives.  He wants us to live holy lives.  Yes he will take us as we are when we ask him into our lives.  But as we grow he will want us to conform to his word. 

You are so young and you have an entire lifetime to serve God and be a witness of his love. 

Cry out to God and learn of his ways for  his ways are just.  Obey his word and flee from sin.  As we flee from sin we place ourselves in a place where Gods peace and joy will overshadow us.  There is nothing like serving God.  Helping others to come to him so that they will not end up in Hell. 

We are having revival in our church and have been for the last 5 weeks now.  Many miracles are happening including a young girl coming into our church and being healed of cancer.  She was told to go to  MD Anderson for her cancer and after our service she went there and when they did the tests on her they told her  “ WE find no cancer in you!!!”  It is gone.   Praise God. Where on this Earth will you see such wonderful things, no party of earthly design will give you a high like the Lord when he shows us how great he is.

Lord, I lift these youths up to you oh God and I pray that their eyes will be open and their heart will yearn to learn more of your ways.  Lord change their desires so that they  will follow you and flee from sin.  Let this time they have  be a time to focus on you and get their life in order that they will not return to their old ways.

God, I ask you to place Godly people in these young ones  path and to show them where to go and worship you.  Help them Lord to find a spirit filled church where they will have godly people to help them in their life struggles.  We all have them Lord but when we keep our eyes on you Jesus we know that you will walk us through them and we will be stronger when we get through them.  Cleanse their heart and replace their stony heart with a heart that is filled with your love and your holy spirit.  Teach them to reverence you God.  You are a holy God, and a merciful God.

None can take us out of your hand.  I thank you for hearing this prayer oh God, be with these precious youths and guide them with your holy spirit.  In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

robins1497

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:27:43 pm »

Oh Laurie how I love this post!  We must always be "pushing toward the mark of the high calling which is in Christ Jesus."  Thank you for the being such a blessing in my life!  May God bless you!
Report Spam   Logged

In Christ's Love,
Robin
Lona211

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 03:40:05 pm »

AMEN Lj.Yes i thank the Lord for all our Brothers and Sisters in the Lord who reciced the Holy Sprit when they excepted Christ as there Saviour. And Prasie Him that we are all equal in His eyes, And we did not have to work for our Salvation, He paid it all on Calavery.. thank you Jesus.
Yes we serve a awesome God that can perform Mericles, and healer of everthing. No, he dose not want us luke warm. He gives us so much in His word to stand on, and how not to lose our fellowship with Him. Thank you for all You do In ther servive for the Lord, and for His Glory.
Love you, sis in Christ Jesus
Leona
Report Spam   Logged

What You Are Is God's Gift to You And What You Become Is Your Gift To God. Leona
birdiewoman1958

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:55 pm »

amen amen how great this is to read it . thank you and god bless you Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: