Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 03:50:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hurricane Dolly and our prison visit 7/22/08

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurricane Dolly and our prison visit 7/22/08  (Read 309 times)
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« on: July 24, 2008, 12:51:58 pm »

We are currently weathering the tropical storm leftovers of Hurricane Dolly.  My family lives where the eye wall passed.  My sisters front living room window exploded as soon as the winds hit.  She was able to close up the inside as she already had  wood on the outside. They live right on the water of the gulf of Mexico.  All the piers were destroyed. Mom thought her roof was going to fly off but it held.  They own rentals and a boat barn which  endured some damaged doors etc.  They are still out of electricity but my mom and dad and sister and her family made it through with no injuries.  The town is torn up and it will take a lot of cleaning up to restore the damages that were caused.

I thank the Lord that they are all ok.

The night before the storm was to hit was our night to go to the prison. On the way to prison  something odd happened to us.  As we were going down the highway we heard a great noise.  We stopped. Our back glass was completely shattered. A man was mowing a ditch beside the highway.His mower slung a rock and it shattered our glass. We went back and talked to him.  The funniest thing is that we were headed to go give the word of God to  the prisoners and ended up at the "Texas Saloon". LOL  That is where they were mowing.  How funny.
Linda had to go to the restroom, so we went in. LOL  The bar itself was not open.  but while we were there we prayed over the building. We prayed that those that come into the building will be shown the love of God through his Holy Spirit.  We were also able to witness Gods love to the man in charge of the mowing. What a night. 

We had 10 men in the prison that came to the meeting.  All gave their lives to the Lord. We prayed that all the families of these men would be safe in the storm.  Today around noon the eye went through Brooks county which is where we minister.  I pray that all the men and women in the prison are safe.  There have been many tornadoes but none killed thank God.

In all things give God thanks.  I thank you Lord for keeping my family safe.  Your sister in Christ Laurie
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 07:30:31 pm by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 01:19:24 pm »

What a time you had and your family had sis! Praise His Holy name that none we hurt in the storm.  We are getting rain from the storm, in Hill Country, and watching for tornados.  God is awesome and will take care of all His children.  God bless you in your ministy and keep you safe in your travels!!  smitten
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
WingzOfGrace

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 01:31:34 pm »

Wow what a night!! Thank God your family is safe. I admire you for what you do. Its a God given love for lost souls that compels you and I thank God you answered His call. God bless you.   smitten
Report Spam   Logged

The Lord bless the and keep thee: The Lord make His face shine upon thee and be gracious unto thee: The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee and give thee peace. Num. 6:24-26
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 03:02:11 pm »

Wow (((Laurie))))
What a Night you all was in?
i MEAN WITH YOUR FAMILY,THE CAR AND THE prison ministry.

God surly was watching over every one.Many Lives saved here Laurie.
Give God all the praise and glory no one got hurt,many saved and many Lives touched bye this event.
I am glad you and your family are ok too.
Thanks for sharing the adventure,i love seeing things turn out happy endings.
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
Ljclaire

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:33:48 pm »

Thanks to you all.  God bless you and keep you safe Deb.  It is always nice hearing from you Kenny.  Thanks wings and yes I too am glad that I can do something for our Lord. It fills me with such peace and joy when I know I am doing what he wants me to do.  Thanks for all you do as well.  Love ya, Laurie
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

tervana1

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:04:20 am »

I'm sorry Laurie for the damage done by the storm but so grateful no one was hurt. I've never been near a hurricane...it must be quite the experience!  Shocked Shocked That is funny about the saloon! What better place to hold a prayer meeting! lol  I know exactly what your window looked like when the rock hit it. A couple of weeks ago a guy was mowing behind my mom's apartment and he also chucked a rock from the lawn mower. It completely shattered her sliding glass door.

Terrific report on souls saved in the prison. Yipppeeee  smitten

love ya,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
Ljclaire

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 06:28:56 am »

Hey Terri,  I got news on the 29th that at 8:35 pm Port Mansfield got the power back on.  Praise God.  They went almost a week with no power.  My sister was so happy.  They are located just North of South Padre, where the hurricane forced winds blew for the entire time as the eye wall passed right over them. 

I have a sad report about this storm.  A friend of ours bought a new condo in South Padre and had employeed a young woman I have known most of my life.  She has had many troubles and was about to lose her job. As the storm came on land this new condo began to leak everywhere.  So much damage. She and a friend were alone in the condo. The storm raged as the rains poured in.  She listened to a voice in her head that convinced her to take her own life.  She commited suicide.

I had just been up to the condo a week or so prior to this and had no clue that she was so down.  I feel so bad that I did not have the discernment I needed to give her hope.  She was in her early 30's.  She had battled lesbianism, has struggled with jobs off and on and had found out this job was soon going to be over.  I guess with the storm it was just too much for her.

Father, I give this report to show others that there is a devil out there that wants us to take our lives.  He uses bad experiences and our own emotions to deceive us.  I pray that if there is anyone out here that reads this that is having these feelings that they will turn to Jesus and not listen to the voice of suicide.  Jesus touch the hearts of the hurting now.  I pray that they will turn their life to you and be healed of this pain in their hearts.  Even though we are standing the midst of a storm you are with us.  The storm may rage and beat us down, but if we will only take our eyes off the storm and cry out to you you will lead us through it.  I was not able to witness to Debbie but I want to use this horrible testimony to save any that may be contemplating this act. Father in Jesus name lead those that need to see this to this site and let them repent of their sins and live for you.  I know that nothing is impossible for you. Touch the hearts of these people and I give you honor and glory for you are so holy God. Amen.
Report Spam   Logged

BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 06:56:21 am »

Wow ((Laurie))  Sad
My heart went out too you and others after readeing this sad news.
How aweful can any one take their own life,especially hearing voices from a decietful thing as the spirit of evil is.

As the storms come in our life,we must stand against it and turn it over too God.

Heavenly Father,
I know it is not your will for any one too take their Life.I pray for those who are thinking of that would turn too find you for relive oh God.
  You are their only hope too get out of these storms they are in.
I pray for the friends and family for the love one who took her life.Give them your Love,comfort and peace as they get prepared too say their last good byes.
Just only if she had known you and when things look bad,their is alwayas hope on the other end Lord.
May the peace of God touch those who are liveing in depression,too open their hearts,and show them their is a way,and that is through you Jesus.
I pleade the blood of Jesus over any one, this day of thinkinbg of commiting suicide,because their is hope on the other end, and that is through you Jesus...Amen

Laurie be strong and do not let that get you down,you did not know what she was thinking.I know you will miss her.
You did all you could do,and that was too be a friend and a sister too her.
((((((((Huggs)))))))))
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
delurad

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 07:36:58 am »

Hi Laurie;  I am so very sorry about your friend.  My brother took his life and it breaks my heart to hear of anyone being that desperate.  I want to thank you for all you do in your ministry to prisoners.  How awesome to read of the miracles God performs at your meetings.  You are so blessed to be the vessel He uses to perform them.  Thank you once again.  You make me feel very insignificant in my little walk.  But it's so inspiring to read.  Please keep posting all that transpires at your meetings.   God bless you and yours.  Your sister in Christ, Dee.
Report Spam   Logged
Ljclaire

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 08:45:45 am »

I am so sorry for your loss with your brother.  It is so terrible to know that the devil is able to deceive us and lie to us about our self worth. My heart goes out to you and I pray that you will reach more people to Jesus because of this and give God the glory that in all things even those things we do not understand he is worthy to be praised.  We need to reach these men and women that are so distraught.

Please do not feel that way Delurad.  It was only a few years ago and I was sitting on a pew in church thinking that I was too old for God to use me.  I was so ashamed that so many years went by and I had not done anything significant for the Lord after he has been so good to me. 

I prayed and God not only opened doors for me to witness to others but he healed the aches and pains in my body that made me feel like I couldn't do what I needed to do. God will not limit us.  We place limits on what we feel we can do.  The Lord tells us to draw near to him and he will draw near to us.  So many Christians are waiting for some sign or God to move.  God is waiting on us to move.  He has finished all he is going to do.  He has given us all the power in Heaven and on Earth to do his will here in Jesus name.  We just have to reach out in faith and take a stand for Jesus and watch him work. Praise God.  The more I do the more I feel I am not doing enough.  How can we ever do enough to repay him for all he gives us?  I thank God for his grace and mercy.  I am so thankful that I took that step of faith and saw that I was not too old for God to use.  Be encouraged and remember we are all one body, each having our own gifts.  The people that you reach out to are no more less important than the ones in prison or here.  God needs us all to operate as one body to do his will right here.  We all have special things we can do even if we are bed ridden God can use you.  I just came from a hospital room a moment ago where a lady  is  and has been bedridden for years.  She is spirit filled and a prayer warrior.  Her face lit up when I came in and she said that she has already been able to pray for 3 people since she got there last night.  You see when we take our eyes off our problems and seek the things of God he will use us to help others no matter where we are.

Father encourage Delurad in her life and show her the things you would have her to do.  Reveal to her in her dreams and give her visions of things to come.  God teach her to use the gifts inside her to be a great witness to others and to feel gratefulness in her heart for all the brothers and sisters that are reaching out to our world to save the lost.  You need us all Lord.  I thank you Lord that she has a heart for you Lord.  Strengthen her and let your spirit soar in her. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless you Delurad

Love Laurie

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:53:06 am by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

delurad

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 06:27:01 pm »

Thank you so much for your kind and encourageing words.  I do try to do what I can for the Lord and I thank Him everyday for my long life and the gifts He has given me. I have always tried to reach out to the hurting and the needy. That's when I'm the happiest, doing for others.  That's what Christ did on earth and He is our example, isn't He?  Praise His name.  I just think, Laurie, that you go above and beyond in your work for the Lord, and I mean this as the sincerest compliment.  Once again, thank you for the kind words.  Dee
Report Spam   Logged
Ljclaire

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 06:43:59 pm »

You are so welcome and thanks for your kind words. Love Laurie
Report Spam   Logged

tervana1

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 05:01:51 pm »

Ohmigosh you two are bringing me to tears.  Cry   Smiley  What a shining example you both are to the light that shines in a Christian woman. Since I know delurad pretty well...she's my mom lol... I can say she is such an inspiration to everyone she meets. I won't toot her horn, she wouldn't like that, but I will say that her volunteer work at church and her dedication to anyone that needs her has caused so many people to love and adore the her. We all feel inadequate when it comes to serving God. We have such an urge to do what we can and do it quickly in the short time we have here in earth. This feeling of urgency comes from the Holy Spirit living inside us. If we are in tune with His leading then we should feel comfortable and secure in what He has asked us to accomplish. Anything that we do for God and for His children isn't measured by what we do but by why we do it. God doesn't measure the callings on our lives as one being more important than the other.  We may feel inadequate in our own hearts but we are never inadequate in God's.

1 Corinthians 15:58..."Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
delurad

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 07:47:12 am »

Awwww shucks, daughter.lol  I do thank you for the kind words. To God be all the glory forever and ever.  Love you all, Mom
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: