Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 05:31:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Do not love sleep or you will come Poor?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not love sleep or you will come Poor?  (Read 180 times)
BaldEagle4Christ

« on: July 31, 2008, 02:51:34 pm »

Proverbs 20:13
Do not love sleep or you will grow poor,
stay awake and you will have food too spare.

Wow when i read that,it amazed me,since i do love too sleep.
I guess my body Like too sleep.

Yes i know we all need rest,so our body need too be re energise and ready too go.
I find That i love too sleep and many people around me do too.
I guess from now on i get tired except, when it is time for bed,i will say i need too be awake too have food too eat and pay my bills.
Any input on this?
Or am i takeing this verse  wrong in  what this  means?
Open too any answers  Grin
((((Huggs))))
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 03:13:59 pm »

I know what you mean Kenny I too like to sleep.  I feel like the church is sleeping.  They are spiritually asleep.  Awake oh sleepers and see that the day of the Lord is near.  Fear God and pray. 

I find when I try to get into Gods word, I get so sleepy.  It is a spirit of slumber, if we stay too sleepy to seek God we will miss out on many blessings.  We can rebuke the spirit of slumber off our lives.  Pray and ask God to wake you early in the morning to seek him, he will.  God is so amazing, he takes our weaknesses and makes us strong when we cry out to him. He is our strength and our strong tower. Amen.

I think the scripture you are referring to is also referring to not being lazy, when you are awake you will work and there will be food on your table.If you look at Proverbs 20:4 It says
 A sluggard does not plow in season;
       so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing.

Hope this helps you.

What do we accomplish while we are sleeping? Get your rest and more than that work and show yourself approved so that your barns will be full.

Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 03:18:51 pm »

Amen Laurie, smitten
Now that makes so much sense.
Yes i find,not only in the bible,but in other books ,when i reade i get easily tired.
 That is why i was not reading my word when i got home from Grave yard shift.
Then God Just today as i been praying about it,told me at least read a chapter or two before i go too bed.
That will fill my spirit when i go too bed,i can be at ease.
Cool Hey?

But i need too be in  the word the First thing in the Morninng before any thing else.
Like right when i get home,i need too read a chapter or two.
(((Huggs)))
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 05:45:40 am »

Hi Kenny!

Those last few moments of sleep are delicious - we savor them as we resist beginning another workday.  But Proverbs warns against giving in to the temptation of laziness, of sleeping instead of working.  This doesn't mean we shouldn't rest!  God gave the Jews the Sabbath, a weekly day of rest and restoration.  But we shouldn't rest when we're supposed to be working. In Proverbs 6:6, an ant is used as an example because it uses it's energy and resources economically.  If laziness turns us from our responsibilites, poverty may soon bar us from the legitimate rest we should enjoy. 

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 07:28:00 am »

Amen Georgie,
Thank you and Laurie for puitting your time too answer my questions.
Good is good.
((((Huggs))))
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

tervana1

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 06:45:03 pm »

Great answers to Kenny's question girlfriends. I don't have much to add Kenster. Sometimes we get in a habit of sleeping. Just being bored will bring on a huge yawn! It's so easy to look at our comfy beds and just jump right back in them. lol  But really like Georgie and Laurie are saying this scripture and others are referring to laziness and being a sluggard. They are to warn us that if we don't work we don't eat. If we don't work we don't provide for our families or sow into the Kingdom with our earnings. Ohhh gosh I just got sleepy.  crazy Just kidding!

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
robins1497

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 06:57:29 am »

What wonderful posts...we must be busy with the Lord's work for "the night cometh when no man can work..."  When the Lord returns will He find you "sleeping" or busy at His work?  God Bless!
Report Spam   Logged

In Christ's Love,
Robin

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: