Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 29, 2024, 09:17:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Robin's Testimony

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robin's Testimony  (Read 222 times)
robins1497

« on: August 05, 2008, 06:39:10 am »

Okay here goes!  I grew up going to a catholic church every once in a while but other than that church wasn't a normal part of our lives and no one ever prayed or mentioned God.  I always felt like something was missing from my life.. I know that sounds cliche but honestly it felt that way...in 1994 when I was 14 my family moved from Tampa, FL to a small small small country town on the NC GA TN stateline...Did I say this town was small?  The highlight was Wal-Mart. LOL  Oh how I hated it and was counting the days I could move back to civilization and a mall that wasn't 2 hours away lol..anyways, I met Tony later on in 1994 and we become friends and eventually started dating and I started going to a VERY small baptist church it held maybe 100 ppl and that was pushing it...but I loved it there...and in June 1995 Tony and I both got saved!  I praise the Lord that we were able to be baptized together and the final piece to my puzzle snapped into place...all along I was searching for Christ!  I wish that I could tell you that my spiritual walk was fruitful all the time but unfortunately my husband (Tony) and I both turned our backs on the Lord and lived the way WE wanted to...this led to unhappiness, me trying to commit suicide and almost a divorce..but the Lord was watching over us and gave us a little girl named Rebecca and her twin sister Tami who was stillborn...things were good for a while and then again we let "self" take over and we went our own way...we were like those wandering in the desert for 40 years, then in 2005 I suffered a miscarriage.  We had went to a church here in town off and on and when I was in the hospital my husband called the Pastor and he came to visit us and comfort us...his words will stay with me forever...he said God has things happen for a reason and as hard as this may be he may have used this loss of a child to draw you to himself...I wasn't mad that this man I hardly knew had said this to me but instead it made perfect sense to me and from that time on my husband and I have been in church for almost every service and love the Lord and make sure that Jesus is Lord of our home!  Of course we are not perfect and like everyone have to die to self just about all day long lol...but by God's grace we are living our lives for Him and serve Him faithfully! I am not saying any of this to brag, because as Paul says I am the chiefest of sinners, but that my story may help someone else who may be struggling in a particular area...God can help us overcome anything we just have to yield our lives to Him daily...when I have my prayer time I use the acronym PRAY...
P- Praise God for who He is and the blessings he has given you.
R- Repent of your sins and wicked ways
A- Ask your Heavenly Father for your needs which He already knows
Y- Yield yourself to Him..be at His service and be willing to do what He asks!

May God Bless You All!
Report Spam   Logged

In Christ's Love,
Robin

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tervana1

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:21:04 am »

Hi Robin!

Thanks for sharing your life with us. What a sweet, wise and loving spirit you have sis! Doesn't it feel wonderful to live for God instead of ourselves? We have a purpose and a meaning to our lives when we put our Lord first. You have had more than your share of sadness in your life honey and what a wonderful thing to see that through that sadness God has caused you to be even more devoted to Him. Your faith is an inspiration to us Robin.

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 09:47:36 am »

Robin, God Bless you sister.  I know the hurt of losing a child, I lost 2 before finally having my 2 daughters.  My husband who at the time was an evangelist, turned back to drinking and smoking.  I clung to Jesus but the hurt was so great. God blessed us with 2 girls.  I did turn back to worldly things for a season. His behavior resulted in our divorce and me being thrown into a world where I felt out of place and with 2 small kids to raise.  The church said not to divorce.  he beat me and I ended up divorcing him anyways.   God has a calling on us all and he will make a way for his will to be done in us.  Thank God he did not turn his back on me while I tried to get my life right with him again. The oldest one I believe he gave me to keep me clinging to him. LOL She has certainly been a challenge.  She is now 30. I have to pray for her all the day long.  Like you said, I know that God has a purpose for all things under Heaven.  I choose to think of it this way.   God knows our hearts and I believe the 2 I lost were sons.  They are with the Lord and  he has them there for me for all eternity and I know as long as I live my life for God I will have my sons when I get to heaven.  Tami and the child you lost in miscarriage is going to be there for you.

They told me when I was pregnant with my second daughter that I had cancer and had to abort her.  I said, NO!  if it is Gods will she will live and I will live if not we will die but whatever happens it will be the will of the Lord.  Well, she lived and is 28 yrs old.  Not only did she live but God healed me of cancer. She has been a blessing to me.  All the times I struggled with her sister she was there to comfort me and put things into perspective.  I love both my girls.  I had to cater to the eldest more because she was always in trouble of some kind.  Jenny sat in the background and just loved me and helped me through.  She is still doing it today.  Sometimes I think she should have been my momma. LOL.  Kids are great.
Now I have a granddaughter named Claire by my oldest daughter and I really have to pray  but God has assured me that my girls are in his hands and I leave them there for he is far more able to care for them and teach them and correct them than I am.  I have a lot more peace about it. 

I believe in my heart the ones of us that lose children early in life are so blessed by God because he is preserving us children in heaven.  I look at all things of God as a blessing.  In all things he says to give thanks.  I know it has kept me praying all these years and I know God is doing great things for you as well.

As we grow older in the Lord we see how he gives us strength to stand firmly on his word and not to be shaken.  Oh how we need his strength. It has been a blessing having you as a friend and I hope to share more with you on these boards.

Until then, May the peace and joy of God and Jesus be upon you and your family today.  I praise God that you have your angel Rebbecca.  Isn't a mothers love wonderful and strong.  Just think how much more the Father loves us that call out to him.

Love, Laurie
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 10:40:33 am by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
WingzOfGrace

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 10:25:07 am »

Thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony Robin and Laurie. It is awesome to see how God works in the lives of those willing to yeild to Him. You are both a blessing and a great witness for the Lord. May God bless you both with peace and joy.   smitten
Report Spam   Logged

The Lord bless the and keep thee: The Lord make His face shine upon thee and be gracious unto thee: The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee and give thee peace. Num. 6:24-26
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 02:49:54 pm »

Awesome testimonies Robin and Laurie!! Thank you so much for sharing and please continue to do so.  We never know who needs to hear our testimonies or when, but God does!!   smitten
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:53:01 am »

Cry  Why is it that when I read of the awesome power of God working in people's lives, gathering His sheep to Him in such wonderful ways, that I get teary?  I am so very humbled by both of your testimonies!  To read how  our precious Savior never never ever leaves us, how He is standing ready 'always' to come back to us. How He has touched your lives, held you both close during troubling times and how you accepted His mercy and grace...Amazing, isn't it?  Praise His Holy Name!

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Lona211

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:32:30 pm »

My Robin what a blessing to read your testimoney. Yes, God is so great, and I am sure your testimoney will bless and help others who have been struggling and fallen away from the Lord, and Help so many that are coming back to the Lord.What encouragement you have shared with them,
I am so thankful that the Lord lead you here to CIP to fellowship and worship with us,I love you and Keep leaning on Jesus for all things..
Your sister in Christ Jesus, Leona (Lona211)
Report Spam   Logged

What You Are Is God's Gift to You And What You Become Is Your Gift To God. Leona
birdiewoman1958

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 09:21:22 pm »

such a great great testimonies laurie and robin. thank you for sharing them. and god bless you both
Report Spam   Logged
cometsweep32

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 05:24:43 am »

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories.  Great testimonies.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 07:10:18 am »

Wow Robin
Well you have too forgive me.
Georgie told me about your testimonie and i thought i read it?
Shame on me.
I am so glad some one replyed too this so i can see this.
I am sorry i missed this Robin  Shocked I guess Terrie and Georgie keep me busy  too funny
 Your testimonie and Laurie,you both made me teary eyes.
God really has blessed you both and has bought you both along way.
Thank you for shareing your testimonies and i belive Laurie did share hers,that i belive i remember.
God bless you both,you both are very specialin heart and we are so blessed too have you both here in cip,as i am blessed too be here with every one.
in Christ love,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
robins1497

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 07:15:58 am »

smitten Of course you are forgiven Kenny...just dont let it happen again  too funny  just kidding.  Thank you to everyone for your kind words...The Lord continues to be so good to a rotten sinner like me...I stand in awe that he bestows me with such blessings.  I am so glad that He has brought me here to CIP...I can tell that I am growing closer to Him every day and also making lifelong friendships here as well. I love you all and God bless!
Report Spam   Logged

In Christ's Love,
Robin
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 07:27:57 am »

smitten  smitten   smitten    smitten   yes you are growing closer too the Lord.
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
itammy

God Bless You

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 11:24:59 pm »

WOW!
Report Spam   Logged

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength , they shall mount up on wings as eagles. Then shall run and not be weary,  they shall walk and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: