Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 17, 2024, 08:09:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Prison Update8/5/08

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prison Update8/5/08  (Read 118 times)
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« on: August 06, 2008, 08:03:35 am »

PRISON UPDATE!!!

Last week while we were in the prison giving a message to the women one of the girls came up to me for prayer.  She was very young and had 8 children.  All had been taken away from her .  She wanted me to pray for them to come back to her.  I told her that until she gets her life right and starts living the way she should the state would not jeopardize these kids.  I prayed for her that her desires would change and that she would seek after God with her whole heart. I prayed that when she got her life right that the courts would find favor with her and she would eventually get her kids back.

You can tell by looking at this woman she had been in a gang. She had the tatoos near her eyes and all.  Anyway, we were supposed to have the men last night but in came the women.  She was there and  Linda gave the service.

After the service was over she wanted to give her life to the Lord.  She was the only one in there that did.  Linda told her it takes much more courage to stand up and admit you need Jesus than it does to be a coward and sit there for fear of what others will say. 

She gave her life to the Lord and after they were about to leave she told us the other women in her cell were calling her a coward for reading her bible last week.  She also had Rev 2 scribbled on her hand and before we were finished Brother Ray stood up and told these women that they needed to go back to the cells and read Rev 2 and 3.  These confirmations from the Lord blessed this woman so much .  It was what she needed to hear to know that what she was doing was being heard by the Lord.

It is so amazing the things that we say when we are anointed and how it ministers to the hearts of others.  We do not know the needs or what is in their minds but God does and is able to use his people to give hope to the lost.  I am so blessed when I come out of that place.  God shows us so much.
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

robins1497

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:18:04 am »

Amen for this wonderful testimony..I will be praying for this young lady and her spiritual growth and for her kids as well!  God Bless you Laurie
Report Spam   Logged

In Christ's Love,
Robin
tervana1

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:54:36 am »

Wonderful story sis! You know a lot of people make fun of folks that turn to God in prison. I can't remember the phrase they use but it's such an insult to the thousands of people that actually turn their hearts to the Lord. It is in their hour of despair and loneliness that God snatches them out of the devils hands and calls them as His own. Reverend Ray has a powerful gift of discernment and through him the Lord showed His favor on this woman. How incredibly awesome. Hallelujah!

Thanks Laurie for the testimony,
love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
cometsweep32

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 05:27:11 am »

How awesome that this woman turned her life over to the Lord.  Praise God!  Thank you for sharing this testimony Laurie.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 07:52:22 am »

Praise the Lord!!   smitten
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: