Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 20, 2024, 04:30:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Prison service 8/12/08

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prison service 8/12/08  (Read 174 times)
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« on: August 14, 2008, 04:19:20 am »

Tuesday night we went in to the prison again.  My sister Nancy went in for the first time.  She gave her testimony and really touched the hearts of these women.   A few weeks ago there was a young girl in there that asked for prayer for her boyfriend who was still in trouble and doing drugs.  We prayed for him.  She had not heard from him in 3 months  as he was living on the streets. Well, last week he called her.  He asked his parents if he could come home and that he wanted to straighten up his life.  Praise God.

Maggie is another inmate in there and she has been writing to me when she has the stamps.  Her family has all but abandoned her.  She is prob in her 40's.  She said that Jesus has been speaking to her.  She hears his voice audibly.  I continue to pray for these women and men that God will touch them when they cry out to him.  They are all alone and need comfort.  She said she hears him tell her, "You are not alone, I will never leave you"  Isn't that awesome.  She lays down at night praying, her family all but giving up on her and tear drops are falling on her face.  She says it is the Lord showing her that he cares.  She said no one else can hear the voice.  The Lord will speak to us if we listen, and pray.

I have a new testimony .  As we gave the service I told them how I rarely got to see my grand daughter.  Her mom and dad live 2 1/2 hours away and they are not serving the Lord.  So needless to say this is not a place they like to come. LOL. But I told them I know that God answers prayers and I have placed them in his hands and I am not going to pick them up again.  I have never witnessed to them about her before.  Guess what?
Wednesday morning I was still in my nightgown, having my coffee and the phone rings.  It was my daughter.  She called me and said they were having trouble. She needed me to come to San Antonio.  I thought I was going to get them both.  When I got there she had Claires things packed up and said I am giving you Claire for the next two weeks or so for them to try and work things out.  Praise God.  She had already told me I could not keep her for any length of time.  This was truly a miracle and an answered prayer.  I know the Lord hears our prayers and these are three examples of just how he longs to love us and care for us and make our joy complete.

Maggie told me she wants to join our ministry when she gets out in November.  That will be fine too.  we will see where all this leads but I want to thank you that are praying for this ministry.

Tuesday night about 2 hours before we were to go in, our worship team cancelled out as they had been out of town.  So we hurried around to find music to take.  When we got there, I decided to let the girls come up to the front and hold the mics and sing.  They had a great time leading each other in song.  We usually get out around 8:30 pm but this night we did not leave until 9:40.  That is the latest we have been given time with them.  Most church services do not last 3 hours LOL.  And we were able to minister, pray and sing with these ladies and lift their spirits for 3 hours.  Praise God.

I do not know why sometimes when I post these posts are not coming through.  This is the second time for me to retype all this.  I pray it goes through.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:24:22 am by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cometsweep32

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 05:23:13 am »

Wow, praise God Laurie.  I enjoy reading your testimonies.  They are so uplifting.  God works in all our lives when we least expect it.  Please keep posting about your ministry and thank you for sharing.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
robins1497

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 06:12:36 am »

Amen! Oh Laurie I love to read your prison update posts.  The Lord is doing a mighty work there!  I would love to do something like that here but the county is pretty strict on visitations and our church can only go once a month and they usually meet with the men only.  I thank God for you and your faithfulness to serve Him.  I am also so excited that you get to spend so much time with your granddaughter...take lots of pictures and enjoy your time with her!  I will be praying for Claire's parents as well that they realize that Jesus Christ is the answer to all their problems.  Please let us know how it goes and God Bless!
Report Spam   Logged

In Christ's Love,
Robin
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:43:40 am »

Hi there Laurie,
I love your testimonies and it sure is a blessing too reade.
'And praise God for your daughter and fir Maggie.
Please tell thre inmates about us and that we are praying for them Laurie.
Hey keep going strong,and God is going strong with you.

Laurie i too used too have that problem where i would poist things and hit post, it would not go through,and i loose it all.
 but no more .
I for gotrwhat i did,but Laurie my best bet is that when you do a long thing like that,is either copy and paste it incase you loose it,where you can hit the back button and post it,or do what i do,goo too your note pad that is on your email, and when you write it ,from time too time hit save,so when you are done Laurie,post it in cip,there you will not have too retype  it.
I hope that helps.
Again ty for posting your testimonies and i will keep praying sis.
(((Huggs)))
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 07:51:39 am »

Laurie I am so happy for you!!  Praise the Lord!!  Keep up His works and please continue to share with us.  I so love reading your testimonies!!  I also am in Texas and would love to know where you are located!  You can send me a message if you feel so inclined to (lol that sounds snobby and I sure don't mean it that way)  Love ya sister!!  smitten
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
Ljclaire

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 09:16:48 am »

Thanks all I love to tell you all of our ministry, it gives the Lord glory.  He wants us to share how good he is to the world.  And I give all the praise to him.  Debomomma, I live in Kingsville, TX  it is close to Corpus Christi.
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

birdiewoman1958

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 03:53:06 pm »

wow ever so beautiful how things happens for all. i am so happy that you minister the prison. for the too need salvation and be forgiven and walk that path of the lord .
thank you for writing these testimonies you have been writing, they are so inspirational. keep them coming
god bless you Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 05:16:52 pm »

My heart jumped for joy when I read about granddaughter. I know how important a grandma is in those young years. Praise God for all the fellowship you enjoyed at the prison this time. God is sooooooooooooo good!   

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:51:40 am »

Thank you for letting me know where you live Laurie.  It would take me around 5-6 hours to get to you, so I won't be stopping by any time soon  too funny.    I live in Mason (in the Hill Country). God Bless you!!
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
Ljclaire

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 07:20:23 am »

I have been to Mason several times.  I have friends in San Angelo.  I also used to know some people in Mason.  We used to try and visit both when we are in that area. I am pretty sure the ones we knew in Mason are no longer living.  They were an elderly couple that used to live in the valley.  It is a small town but so is Kingsville and I like them smaller than metroplexes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: