Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 20, 2024, 06:07:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

So You Think You're Getting Old!

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So You Think You're Getting Old!  (Read 369 times)
tervana1

« on: August 21, 2008, 01:02:23 pm »

Adam lived to be 930 years old.

Methuselah lived to be 969 years old.

Noah lived to be 950 years old.

Noah lived 350 years after the flood.

Noah was 500 years old when he fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Noah was 892 years old when Abraham was born.

Lamech lived to be 777 years old.

Jared lived to be 962 years old.

Abraham lived to be 175 years old.

Shem lived to be 600 years old.

Seth lived to be 912 years old.

Seth was 105 when his son Enosh was born.

Moses lived to be 120 years old.

Life of man span before the flood was 912 years old

Life span after the flood was 222 years old

Whew....now that's old!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 02:05:17 pm »

That's at least 888 years too old for me to stay on this earth! too funny crazy
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:11:18 pm »

Yea Just think how old Gods is?
Now that is old.
I still love you God.
Your the best.
I am old as i can be.,
Good one Terrie hehehe.
Love,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:55:42 pm »

I've always been amazed at the ages of folks in the Old Testament, wondering what it was they did, or ate, or was it their lifestyle...or was it simply how God wanted it?
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
birdiewoman1958

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 01:44:34 am »

yes i been there too georgie. and wonder y we dont live as long as they did then. i think i would have love to live like them  to live to see generation after generation after generation ......//

lol
but i guess we just have to live  til the lord wants us
Report Spam   Logged
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 12:40:31 pm »

Oh...I agree with you Tina! To be able to see my grandchildren's children and their children!!  I've never thought of that, I'm hoping to meet the children my children will have!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 08:20:19 pm »

I'm not old yet, but some day I be old!  police
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 04:40:16 pm »

I COULD NOT EVEN IMAGINE BEING THAT OLD.  I WOULD STILL JUST A BABY AT MY AGE.   Cheesy
I USUALLY THINK THAT YOU ARE AS OLD AS YOU THINK .  OH BOY,  THAT WOULD MEAN THAT SOMEONE MUST HAVE TAKEN MY PACIFIER.   too funny I MAYBE GETTING OLD BUT STILL YOUNG IN HEART.  BUT YET MATURING IN THE LORD.   DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE PEOPLE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WOULD BE ABLE TO LIVE IN THIS FAST WORLD AND CRUEL WORLD TODAY?  I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD. 
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
Wild069Man

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 03:08:22 am »

OH YES, I REMEMBER THEM ALL SO WELL WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER    lol.

IN REALITY A YEAR BACK THEN WAS NOT 12 MONTHS LIKE IT IS NOW, IT HAS BEEN PROVEN A YEAR BACK THEN WAS ONLY A MONTH LONG, SO YOU SEE THEY WEREN'T REALLY THAT OLD, EXCEPT IN JACKIES CASE, SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN OLD, AND SHE STOLE THAT PACIFIER.
too funny
Report Spam   Logged

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God iseternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord...Romans 6:23

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so ever believe in him should not perish but have eternal life...John 3:16
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 12:09:05 pm »

So true Marty, their calendar was not the same as it is today!!  Thank God  Wink too funny
and besides, "Age is only a number, and mine's unlisted!" too funny
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
tervana1

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 12:16:49 pm »

Aw ha! I didn't think of that Marty. I read a teaching years ago that talked about the reason they made it to the old ages they did was because of the atmosphere. Something to do with the fact it had never rained before Noah lived. Sounded like a bunch of hooey but it was kind of interesting. I really don't remember much about it.  Hmmm might be worth a Google... laugh

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 12:17:29 pm »

lol Jackie,i belive your the youngest out of us all.  Roll Eyes
I belive you will see all of us out age hehehe  too funny
Love all your answers.
Love,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 04:02:58 am »

When I think of the time of life back then compared to now I think, and this is just me thinking, man was created perfect, he walked with God. He had fellowship with God.  Sin had not even come on the scene.

Once Adam and Eve sinned they began the process of dying in their lives. They had to learn to sin. It took them so much longer to die. They had been created perfect in a perfect world.

Now we are born into a sinful nature. Sin reigns in this world. Once we are born again, we have to learn not to sin.

All of you bible scholars out there can shed some light on this one if you want to.  This is just my own thoughts on it.

I  know that one day we will all be eternal and live with Christ forever.  I am thankful that day will come when all is back to perfection, can you imagine living that long in this sinful world? Oh sweet Lord, when you are through with me just bring me home to you.  I await the day that I can walk with you and be with you and no more suffering or pain or tears.  This is our hope when we trust in our Lord that  one day all will be as it was intended.
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: