Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 20, 2024, 03:23:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ecc.9:5

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ecc.9:5  (Read 194 times)
BaldEagle4Christ

« on: September 04, 2008, 01:07:08 pm »

I have a question on  verse.

Let me ask you before i give it too you?

Have you wonderd if you ever died,would you really remember others who have gone before you?

Will we ever remember any thing.

I measn i worked in a Nursing home where it had a brain injury unit.

I seen people recover from it,but their memory of many things are gone!

I seen where some one yrs ahgo who was in her 20s hung her self dead,but was found and revived buut is a vegteble and all her function every thing is goine.No memeory nothing

Here in Ecc.9:5

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.
Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.

I offten wonmderd will we really remember any thing when we die and go too heaven??Because God say no,there will be no more sorrow,no more pain no more of struggles in our Life?When we go in too heaven too be with him.

If thats the case how will we be Judged if we Loose memeory.

Will our spirit be Lost too?I mean memory?

When i saw this, i rememberd,I always thought about this,and when i see people say we will see each other again one day when we meet in heaven!

Do you ever think we will meet in heaven knowing each other?Or rememeber any thing spiritually?

Kenny

Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

birdiewoman1958

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 06:15:41 pm »

Isaiah 65:17 tells us, “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.” Some interpret Isaiah 65:17 as saying that we will have no memory of our earthly lives in Heaven. However, one verse earlier, in Isaiah 65:16 the Bible says, “…For the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes.” It is likely only our “past troubles” that will be forgotten – not all of our memories. Our memories will be cleansed, redeemed, healed, and restored – not erased. There is no reason why we could not possess many memories from our earthly lives. The memories that will be cleansed are the ones that involve sin, pain, and sadness. Revelation 21:4 declares, “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

im not sure this is what u want kenny
Report Spam   Logged
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 06:49:32 pm »

Hey Tina that was perfect.
So in other wqords we probly will never see our Loved ones?Because we will not remrember.
Here is another question?
Then how would we stand in Judgment day for all what did,if our memeory will be erase when we go on too be with the Lord?
Love,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:58:27 pm »

Kenny, I'm fairly sure that the scriptures you are referring to are referring to all the hardships which distressed godly people.  God promised that one day they would be totally removed.  Good answer Tina!

Therefore Kenny, only the problems we encounter while living on earth will be forgotten, not the sins we've committed while here.  2 Corinthians 5:10 says, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds done in his body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."  So, if we must account for our deeds, we will 'have' to remember them!

Another example:

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness."

At first glance these verses appear like they have nothing to do with our ability to recognize each other on the other side of death, but look at what these verses really say.

For in these verses, those at the judgment are pictured arguing with God about their supposedly good works while on earth. If they lost their memory at death, how could they remember their supposedly good works? (Does this not show memory?)

These verses clearly establish the fact that on the other side of death's door when we are at the last judgment, men will be possessed of the memory of deeds done while on earth! Do you see the importance of this verse? You will not only remember all the horrible things that you did to your own brothers and sisters in this life, but you will also remember all the good things. Your memory will be intact. It has to be if you are going to argue with God about what you did and didn't do to various people.

The above verse also asks the question, "Did we not cast out demons in your name"? In order to ask that question, one would first have to remember actually casting out demons. Then the person would also have to remember specific people that he was attempting to cast demons out of. So this verse tells us that there is going to be memory on the other side of the grave.

Matthew 25:40 "And the King will answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to Me."

Again we have the judgment scene, but why did Jesus refer to his brethren, if the people Jesus was talking to wouldn't know or wouldn't remember the brethren that Jesus was talking about?

Hope this helps Kenny!
love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
tervana1

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 06:05:01 pm »

Georgie absolutely perfect answer sis!  You too Tina! I would just like to add one more point. Kenny we don't need to wonder if we will know the ones that have gone before us. Luke 16:23-26 goes into detail about a rich man that died and went into Hades. The man saw Abraham and he recognized him. We not only will recognize our loved ones we will spend eternity with them.
Thanks Kenny for asking the question and thanks girls for the wonderful answers.

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 06:46:44 am »

Well thank you all.
Awesome reply.
Love,
kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 01:24:21 pm »

Kenny,
I Corinthians 13:12

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

The word also tells us that now we only see in part, but soon we will see in full. We will have full knowledge.
We will know everyone in heaven.  I believe we will have the mind of Christ.  Praise God.  I know in hell the ones that do not make it will have their sins forever before them.

This is why it is soooo important to live a repentant life.  Repent from your sins, God is just to forgive us.  Acknowledge our faults, God already knows them.  He is just to forgive anyone that asks.  He is coming after a church without spot or wrinkle.  Will we ever be truly perfect? Only through the blood of Jesus, and living a repentant life.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:29:56 pm by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
VickieP574

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 10:44:26 pm »

I do not believe that we will see those here on earth because as the others have said, in heaven there will be no sorrow. If we were able to look at our loved ones here on earth we would weep for them.  God knows what is best for us.  When we need a fish He will not give us a stone.  Once our loved ones are in heaven that well may be another story...it will be wonderful to find out, won't it?
Report Spam   Logged
delurad

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 08:22:47 am »

Kenny, I would recommend a wonderful book, Heaven, written my Randy Alcorn that really defines Heaven according to the scriptures.  Terri loaned the book to me and it is just a wonderful picture of what we can expect in the intermediate Heaven and the New Earth.  Just fastinating.  It's a little pricey, but well worth it. Love you, Kenny. Mom
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: