Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 19, 2024, 11:41:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Dreams

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 235 times)
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« on: September 19, 2008, 04:16:27 am »

The Lord gives us dreams.  It was about 2 weeks prior to Hurricane Dolly that the Lord showed me a dream of a Hurricane coming from the South up toward us.  I woke up and told my husband there is going to be a hurricane South of us. In the dream I could see the way the winds were turning and I knew it would be from the South of us. It was only a week or so when Dolly formed.  She soon hit the lower Texas coast and ravaged South Padre Island and the Rio Grande valley.

About a week or so after that  dream the Lord showed me in a dream total devastation on both sides of me.  In the dream my office was not touched.  The damage was on both sides of me.  I wondered about both of these dreams.
Now along comes IKE.  His devastation is just like I saw in my dream, yet we were thankfully untouched here.  Yesterday the Lord showed me how he had warned me of the upcoming storms and showed me how we would escape the wrath.  It is so awesome to see how the Lord reveals his wonderful loving and caring nature to us.

Pray and asked God to reveal to you dreams and visions.  Ask him to give you the gifts of the spirit so that they will give you power in this life.  We surely will not need them in heaven.  They are for now.

I just felt like sharing and giving God the glory for showing me these storms.

Another thing he showed me yesterday was the reason that he does these things.  It was so awesome.
He wants to reveal himself to us and show us how real he is.  When these things happen you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is " THE GREAT i AM ".  it builds our faith when he reveals himself to us.

Well anyways be blessed and have a great day. Expect miracles in your lives.

Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cometsweep32

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:49:28 am »

Wow Laurie!  Praise God that you get these visions.  I am so glad that you were safe during the storms.  You have an exceptional gift.  God is truly blessing you.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 05:23:06 am »

Wow Laurie,I had always wantred too have them excperience.
I can remember my pasture was talking one time yrs ago,when i first started going too church,how my pastor was sleeping and in his dream He was talking too God,or God was talking too him,i forget which it was,and the Holy spirit Just came and swiped Him away.I can not remember the whole store,but bearly,as i thought he was Kinda Nuts.I measn i started going too church you can see why i tho9ught that.
From times went on in my Life i heard many More people haveing them dreams but different then my pastor thought.
So i started Likeing that.
I like your dream too Laurie  Smiley i should ask God too revile things too me in a dream.That is a Nice Idea.
God bless you Laurie,you are so anoited.
God bless you greatly. angel
(((Huggs)))

Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
delurad

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:23:30 am »

That is a wonderful gift God has given you, Laurie.  You are truly blessed.  Thank you for sharing your visions.  Love and prayers, Dee
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:09:57 pm »

How awesome Laurie. Have you read Deb's posts about Ike? She is blessed with visions. I think God gives certain people this gift that He knows can handle them. After all He gives us nothing that we can't handle so this particular gift isn't given to all of us. I have had dreams and visions but nothing that points to future calamity. And Amen to have these visions bear witness to God's hidden plan. It's an awesome gift. You are truly blessed sister.

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
Ljclaire

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 09:14:37 pm »

No I did not read her post I guess. I need to find it.
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 10:36:51 pm »

How wonderful Laurie!  smitten  What a blessing you've received!

Did you all know that every one of us can have all of the spiritual gifts?  In I Corinthians 12:7-11, the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit are listed. Their purpose is specific - to "profit" the body of the church. The Greek word for profit is sumphero which means "to bring together, to benefit, to be advantageous," which is experienced as the body is strengthened in its life together and expanded through its ministry of evangelism. These nine gifts are specifically available to every believer as the Holy Spirit distributes them (I Corinthians 12:11). They are not to be merely acknowledged in a passive way, but rather are to be actively welcomed and expected (I Corinthians 13:1; 14:1).

Every Christian is given a spiritual gift as soon as he or she becomes born again. At that very moment the Holy Spirit will unite with that person's spirit (Romans 8:16-17). When we are born physically, we possess certain natural abilities. When we are born again spiritually, God takes these natural abilities and turns them into the means by which He can work through us supernaturally. Jesus "gave gifts unto men ... For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith..." (Ephesians 4:8, 12-14).

God has given His people nine mighty gifts of the Holy Spirit to enable them to mature spiritually, edify others, and do the work of the ministry.

These gifts are identified in I Corinthians 12:8-11
"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discering of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."

The revelation, power, and inspiration gifts were all operative in the ministry of the Apostle Paul. God wants you to have these gifts of the Spirit; that is why the Bible encourages us to "covet earnestly the best gifts..." (I Corinthians 12:31).

How can you receive these gifts?  These nine spiritual gifts come by prayer, so ask for them, desire them, pray to receive them, and covet earnestly the best gifts (I Corinthians 12:31).

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Ljclaire

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 03:49:31 am »

Amen Georgie. Excellent post
Report Spam   Logged

tervana1

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 08:30:27 am »

Georgie..wonderful post. I'm confused though girlfriend. Are you saying we all can have the gifts by just desiring them?  I'm afraid I'm reading the scriptures in a different way. Please help me everyone to understand this better.

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, and the Holy Spirit is the source. Since there are different kinds of service in the church I believe his gifts are given to us in helping the church (God's people) in different capacities.

I Corinthians 12:8-11

To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another he gives the gift of special knowledge. The Spirit gives special faith to another, and to someone else he gives the power to heal the sick. He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and to another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to know whether it is really the Spirit of God or another spirit that is speaking. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages,* and another is given the ability to interpret what is being said.

It is the one and only Holy Spirit who distributes these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have. I'm not finding any scripture telling us we can have all the gifts at once. I know many people that have several of them but not all. I'm curious what you all think.  Smiley

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

Ljclaire

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 12:14:54 pm »

Well Terri,   when we are baptized in the holy spirit he actually lives in us. There are times in our lives and in our walks that we will use all of the gifts if we seek after them.  Some may be given gifts that operate in their lives continually.  You could be praying for someone and God give you the gift of Knowledge about his or her situation.  As long as we are listening to the holy ghost we are receiving from him what we need at the time and in our situation.

Certain gifts may be stronger in certain people but it does not mean that any of us can not receive these gifts as we need them in our lives. We need to seek after the spiritual gifts.  Pray and ask God to give us these gifts. Our relationship with him and the walk we have with him will determine the gifts that will be operating in us.  The more we seek him the more we find him and his gifts.

God is no respecter of persons.  If you want to walk under the anointing of God's spirit then spend time in the word and in prayer.  One thing I know for sure.  If we are not pressing in and asking God for these gifts we will not get them.  Jesus did not say, you 2 go and lay hands on the sick and they will recover, then you 2 go raise the dead.  He did not separate.  Where is our faith?  That is where your gifts will be.  If you do not walk and take a step of faith in your life you will never see God heal someone with your hands.  We must first lay hands and believe Gods word is true.

When I started receiving my dreams and visions I had been praying for God to show them to me.  I was asking God to give them to me.  Then all at once I started seeing them when I was not even looking for them.
God wants us to desire these gifts. His word says desire spiritual gifts.  His word also says that he will give us the desires of our heart. 

I do not know if this answers your question.  I do not have time to look up all the scriptures right now for you but they are there.

The most important thing we can do in our walk with God is to fellowship with him praying without ceasing, seeking his face.  We will grow.  Bless you.  Laurie
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:23:40 pm by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

tervana1

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 07:26:55 pm »

Absolutly Laurie...I agree that if we seek God, truly seek after Him he will give us the desires of our hearts. But if our desires aren't in sink with His Soverein will then our requests are not in His plan for us. It's just like if we pray for something we earnestly desire and we don't get it, then we should agree with God that it's not in His timing. I think the same holds true with the Gifts Of The Holy Spirit. Now I know that we should all seek after these gifts and depending on where we are in our spiritual walk I believe God will supply the ones He wants us to have. But we aren't Sovereign, we aren't anywhere close. Just because we may want them, all of them doesn't mean we can will them into being.

From my time spent reading and studying the Word, the only saint that I can find that may have had all the gifts was Paul. Even Jesus' diciples lacked certain gifts. Some say it was because at times they lacked faith. Hmmm...not so sure about that. Which leaves me to take the scripures of I Corinthians 12:8-11 at face value, especially verse 11 " All these are the work of one and the same Spirit and he gives them (gifts) to each one, just as He determines. NIV footnote 'The Holy Spirit soveignly determines which gift or gifts each believer should have.'

Thanks for the great converstion.
love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: