Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 09:37:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

We just never know!!

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We just never know!!  (Read 186 times)
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« on: September 24, 2008, 03:01:19 pm »

Last night, Oct 23rd we were once again allowed to go into the prison and hold a service for the men. It had been three weeks since we had been in due to the staffing shortage the institution was facing. 

We got in around 6:45 pm.  We set up and 16 men came in, 15 that had not been in our service. We always ask who can understand English and tonight there was all but about 2 or so.  Linda and Felix were there but for some reason did not interpret for these 2 men in Spanish.  We noticed that one of them was crying . You could see God touching his heart. Let me tell you what happened.  When the service was nearing the end. Two of our men went to pray for individual needs.  While they were doing that I was on the mike and asked if there were any testimonies the men wanted to share about what God was doing in their lives.

One man stood up.  He and his wife were arrested for child abandonment.  Evidently they had left their children with a neighbor, gone out to do drugs.  Had a flat and did not get home.  The neighbor called the law and they were arrested. He was arrested for marijuana charges as well. I had told them that God told me every time I come in that he had a message for them not to forget Jesus when they leave this place.  This man stood up and said he had been in jail prior to this.  He found the Lord the last time he was in as well.  But as soon as he stepped out the doors he went right back to his old ways.  he landed back in the jail.  He knows now and has prayed and said all but the marijuana charges have been dropped off he and his wife.  She got out the next day and had gotten their children back.  He plans on living right this time, for God.  He was crying and giving honor to the Lord for changing his heart.

After he spoke the Spanish man that knew no English raised his hand.  He came to the front and took the microphone. He asked Linda to tell us what he was saying.  He said a friend asked him if he wanted to come to the service tonight.  He had not planned on it.  He was feeling much depression.  He said I have never understood English but tonight God interpreted the entire message to him. He said he understood the entire service that was given in English. PRAISE GOD!!!!   God did a true miracle in our service last night.  We never know what God has planned in our meetings.  We go and praise him.  We preach the good news and give honor and glory to God.  He performs miracles we could never dream of.  Our staff has had a  notice in our church bulletins for an interpreter for our ministry because there are times that Felix and Linda can not come in.  God showed us last night, that we should not worry but do what he is calling us to do and he will take care of the rest.  OH HOW GREAT IS OUR LORD.  What a miracle this was.

There were 10 saved last night. And I guess about that many fell on their knees and prayed to God on their faces for the miracle he had performed.  We  saw hearts changed and mens lives delivered from the hands of Satan.  The devil is defeated.  God just needs willing vessels to go into the turf where the devil trods and tear down the strongholds he is trying to build.  I am so rejoicing over this miracle.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in our services.  None of us have gone to theology school.  None of us are ordained but God sees our hearts and our desire to serve him.  He is doing great and mighty things all over the world.

Lindas dad went into ICU yesterday.  She asked her father if he wanted her to stay home and be with him.  He told her no you go and do what God has called you to do.  You give the word to these men.  She obeyed God and did not look at the looming threat of her fathers illness. His lungs were filling with fluid.  But she placed her trust and faith in God and put him first.  I believe God honored her obedience.

Thank you Lord for allowing us to be your vessel to bring the good news to the hurting.  Continue to bless our ministry, continue to do your miracles, for in blessing these men and women you are also building our faith in you.  God I thank you that you are truly here with us, beside us and just waiting to perform miracles that will bring the lost to you.  I thank you God. In Jesus name, Amen.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:06:01 pm by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cometsweep32

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:29:23 pm »

Wow!  How awesome Laurie!  It must have been glorious to see the Lord work like that!  God is doing great things through you and your ministry.  God Bless You for all that you do.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 06:46:29 pm »

Ohh Laurie how thrilling to be a part of this service. Can you imagine...that man actually heard the voice of God or angels interpreting that message. What an awesome and miraculous God we serve. Hallelujah!!!

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
robins1497

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 07:21:43 am »

Praise the Lord for His love and mercy to us and the miracles that He performs in our lives!  What a special time that must have been Laurie!  Thank you for your faithfulness in that ministry!
Report Spam   Logged

In Christ's Love,
Robin
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:51 am »

Laurie, what an awesome testimony that man now has!!  I love reading your posts and thank God for you!  smitten
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:13:45 am »

Amazing!  How very humbling to have the priviledge to see God at work! Thank-you for sharing another miracle from God!

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: