Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 03:25:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Something I have always wondered about...

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something I have always wondered about...  (Read 159 times)
VickieP574

« on: September 24, 2008, 10:39:36 pm »

Undecided  This may be a minor thing but it has had me puzzled for almost 25 years.  I welcome opinions and scholarly information.  This in no way trips me up where my relationship is concerned, just something I wonder about.  Thank you for any assistance and God bless each of you.  
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tervana1

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:04:33 am »

Hi Vickie!

I'm afraid I'm far from a scholar so I got to digging a little. Thanks so much asking the question. It gives us a chance to search our Bibles and spend time in the Word. I hope the following helps..it did for me.

SHEM

Shem, the son of Noah, was another exception. He is often considered the firstborn, for he is mentioned first in six passages as: Shem, Ham and Japeth. However, he was actually second born. The correct birth order was: Japeth, Shem, Ham. Here is the evidence.

In Genesis 5:32 we read, “Noah was 500 years old and Noah begat Shem, Ham and Japheth', It is obvious that they were not all begotten or born in that year, for they were not triplets. The text means his children began to be born in that year. His oldest son was born that year. According to Genesis 7:11 the flood came upon the earth just 100 years later during Noah's 600th year. However Shem was not 100 till 2 years after the flood (Gen. 11:10). This means he was born in the 502nd year of Noah's life. An older brother was born in the 500th year of Noah. This older brother was not Ham, for in Genesis 9:24 he is called Noah's “younger” son. Therefore Japheth must have been first. Japheth is also called the “elder” in Genesis 9:21. So the order is Japheth, Shem, Ham. The prominence of Shem seems connected with his initiative of faith and honor in his act of covering his father's shame in Genesis 9:20-27.

Shem was given the unique privilege of being one of only two links between Adam and the first
seed of the Abrahamic covenant. Methuselah, in his first 243 years, was contemporary with Adam
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:10:27 am »

Hi Vickie!

This is a very good question and caused me to do some research to discover the answer myself.  i'm glad you asked it!  I'll add my vote to your poll and will leave you with some links that explain my reason for voting that the brothers were not triplets.

love,
Georgie

http://www.direct.ca/trinity/noah.html
http://www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/texts/jwmcgarvey/sebc/SEBC119.HTM
http://www.thesignpost.org/noah-txt.html
http://kenh1957.wordpress.com/2008/07/16/genesis-facts-and-ficions-the-children-of-seth/
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:11:18 am »

LOL Terri!

We both posted at the same time!
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
tervana1

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:24:56 am »

LOL  Cheesy  we sure did!
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 12:48:58 pm »

Now Yogie and boo boo whatch where you going  too funny  too funny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: