Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 29, 2024, 02:25:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What the!!!!!!! ?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the!!!!!!! ?  (Read 192 times)
jesusinmemsb
« on: October 01, 2008, 07:54:45 am »

Oh my Dear sweet Jesus have Mercy on us! Hears one that I might get some opinions on? Love Markers.

Publisher's next Bible to be handwritten
More than 31,000 Americans will get chance to scribble verses

updated 2:38 p.m. ET, Tues., Sept. 30, 2008
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - A Christian book publisher says its next edition of the Bible will be handwritten by more than 31,000 Americans.

Zondervan kicked off a 90-city, 15,000-mile cross-country tour Tuesday to mark the 30th anniversary of its popular New International Version translation of the book.

The tour will stop at special events, churches and U.S. landmarks to allow people to write out Bible verses.
The collection of handwritten verses will be published and sold after the tour ends in San Diego on Feb. 12.

The Michigan-based publisher says most verses will be written by regular people, although the company hopes to collect a few from President Bush, the Rev. Billy Graham and others.

I for one am very curious to see what Rev. Grahm has to say? love Markers.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:27:30 am »

Is this for real?  I just can't even (or afraid to) imagine what some people will come up with.  I have very mixed emotions about this.  If the people who write the scriptures are truly led by the Holy Spirit, then this would be awesome to have updated scriptures given to us by the Lord...but if they are not led by the Holy Spirit, this could be an open door for the enemy!  Oh me oh my!!
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
tervana1

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:37:20 am »

Yikes...is this some sort of joke! What is the Zondervan company thinking?! Mark you have me on a search today to see what I can find out. I think it's fine if they want to publish a book with people sharing their thoughts but to put the word Bible in front of it...UH UH.  Angry

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
pauline1028

GIVE A HUG~GET A HUG

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:56:05 am »

SAY WHAT?   grrr   Cry
I'M WITH YOU TERRI
Report Spam   Logged

Love your Sister in Christ
Pauline  <>< <>< <><
jesusinmemsb
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 02:07:53 pm »

Terrie I woke up this morning loaded my computor and it was right there on the AOL home padge  just go to aol.com you will see it I pray it isent true lol
Report Spam   Logged
cometsweep32

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 02:28:23 pm »

Wow.  Now this is scary. 

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
delurad

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 04:40:41 pm »

You all know what the bible says about anyone who would add or take away words in the bible.  I know I wouldn't dare. Dee
Report Spam   Logged
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 05:31:37 pm »

I think I will not be writing anything to put in that book but i do pray that whatever comes from such a thing will glorify God and not lead people astray. I do not have aol and I have not read the article but the times are surely getting worse right before our very eyes and the bible does say, that even the elect will be deceived in these last days, so pray and stay in the word that you will not be deceived.

Laurie
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 10:55:09 pm »

Yikes!!!!  I won't particpate in that at all.  For the Lord my God's Word is sufficient.  With the way is  going today it is not safe coming from no one.  This could be a way to push God out of the picture, and brain wash everyone to what they want to believe and not just believe in the Lord.  We can never put words in the Lord's mouth.  I hope it doesn't fall thru and it comes to a dead end.  I would not want to be accountable to the Lord for this action

Love Jackie
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
marieann293

GOD BLESS ALL AND TO ALL THE GLORY

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 05:26:55 am »

I BELIVE THATS WHAT ITS IS A BOOK TO MARK THE 30TH ANNIVERAY OF THE NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION ... ((NIV )) PS just my under standing thou..
                                  BLESING TO THE INDIVAL UNDERSTANDING ..

LOVE AND PRAYERS MARGE.
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 04:40:53 pm »

You are absolutely right Marge. I went to the Zondervan website and read a little more about it. It says that more than 31,000 Americans will have a hand in publishing a new edition of the Bible. People will be asked to write out, longhand, a verse in the Bible. I don't believe they will have an option to change the verse just to write it. At least I hope not anyway. Pretty interesting.   Huh
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
marieann293

GOD BLESS ALL AND TO ALL THE GLORY

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 01:06:18 am »

Yes Terri i done so much research on most Bibles and or Bible books with most ARE done by zondervan one is > that my granddaughter HAS NAME YOUNG WOMEN OF FAITH   BIBLE (NIV).IT IS THE BIBLE OUR CHILDEN BIBLE BOOK ARE MADE AND NAMED FOR THERE AGE UNDERSTANDING S .THE BOOK FOR ME IS THE BIBLE THAT ZONDERVAN THERE ARE NO WORDS CHANGED OR ADDED.
                                              BLESSING AND PRAYERS
                                                            Meagre

P's .i sure hope i can get one but is very slim .
  there won't be many ..

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:07:30 am by marieann293 » Report Spam   Logged
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 04:52:28 am »

It appears that Zondervan will be getting folks to hand write 'existing' scripture as it is in the NIV Bible. 

Their website states, " “The Bible is America’s favorite book of all time. And because of its accuracy, clarity and literary quality, the NIV has become the most successful Bible translation of all time. We believe that a completely handwritten version of the NIV Bible by people from all across our country will help America rediscover the Bible in a fresh, new way,” said Moe Girkins, president and CEO of Zondervan. “The Bible Across America is a symbol of Zondervan’s commitment to make the Word of God more accessible and more relevant to more people. We couldn’t think of a better way to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the NIV Bible than by inviting Americans to join us on this monumental tour and open more hearts to the Word of God.” "

Everyone can exhale now!   Wink

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
jesusinmemsb
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 05:12:12 am »

lol whewh! Grin Thanks so much Sister Georgie and God bless you greatly for all you do love Markers. smitten
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: