Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 18, 2024, 05:55:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Sin-the root of America's economic problems

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sin-the root of America's economic problems  (Read 113 times)
jesusinmemsb
« on: October 08, 2008, 01:29:52 am »

Sin - the root of America's economic problems
Jim Brown - OneNewsNow - 10/6/2008 6:00:00 AM

A Christian financial expert says America's current financial liquidity problem can't be solved by a government bailout or the policy of a new elected official, but only if people take responsibility for their sin.

Chuck Bentley is the CEO of Crown Financial Ministries and host of the "Money Life" radio program. He says the $700 billion Wall Street bailout bill signed into law by President Bush contained "the good, the bad, and the ugly."

Bentley likes the controversial provision that gives the Treasury secretary funding to remove the bad mortgage assets off the books of banks, as well as the tax relief for small business owners that was added to the legislation.

But Bentley says he still would not have voted for the bill because it contains an "outrageous" amount of pork and raises the federal debt limit to $11.3 trillion.

"I think it's abhorrent," he states bluntly. "It's putrid that our legislators would try to throw that pork into this bill....I think we do need the good parts of it -- but the bad parts are politicizing the issue. They're not 'sweeteners.' They're feathers in the cap of politicians, [and] I think it's actually unpatriotic."

Bentley believes the country's current financial woes can be attributed to the sin of greed and the failure of Americans to acknowledge that sin and repent of it before God.

Love and Prayers Markers.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jesusinmemsb
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:24:16 am »

I will Just reply with my sword today~! Psalm 37:11-22--

11 But the meek will inherit the land
       and enjoy great peace.

12 The wicked plot against the righteous
       and gnash their teeth at them;

13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
       for he knows their day is coming.

14 The wicked draw the sword
       and bend the bow
       to bring down the poor and needy,
       to slay those whose ways are upright.

15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
       and their bows will be broken.

16 Better the little that the righteous have
       than the wealth of many wicked;

17 for the power of the wicked will be broken,
       but the LORD upholds the righteous.

18 The days of the blameless are known to the LORD,
       and their inheritance will endure forever.

19 In times of disaster they will not wither;
       in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.

20 But the wicked will perish:
       The LORD's enemies will be like the beauty of the fields,
       they will vanish—vanish like smoke.

21 The wicked borrow and do not repay,
       but the righteous give generously;

22 those the LORD blesses will inherit the land,
       but those he curses will be cut off.

The God we Love and serve is going to provide for His Children Family, when the wicked are in Famin we shall inherit the earth, and God is going to flip the riches from evil to His Children very soon My very dear family so hold on!!! cling to His Word, and give Him Praise and let God know you trust Him, Thats what I chose to do how about you all? I love you today Family, Markers.
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:13:55 pm »

Hmmm  Roll Eyes  I do agree that the reason for the economical mess we are in is due to greed and poor governmental polices, but I don't really see most of them repenting do you? The majority of them are still passing the buck. God is good at cleaning up our messes. He's done it since the dawn of time. This whole fiasco could work to our benefit. I think this all needed to happen in order for God to bring order! We now have the opportunity, if the right parties are elected, to reconstruct our financial systems and put at end to the greedy lenders and their unscrupulous ways. God doesn't want our sisters and brother's hoodwinked into mortgages and loans they can't pay back or heathcare being so sky high we can't afford it. My main point is yes, I agree with Mr. Bentley that this all stems from 'the love of money', but we have to remember that God is the God of mercy. Mercy even on those that don't know Him.

Just my humble opinion!  Roll Eyes
love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: