Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 02:19:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Is America finished?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is America finished?  (Read 83 times)
jesusinmemsb
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:26:05 am »

America as we have known it and loved it is finished

by Leon Fisher

America is finished! This revelation came to me while watching the second debate between Senators Obama and McCain in Nashville.

I have never before felt the sense of hopelessness as I feel now, after listening to these two pretenders to the Office of President. It is obvious that this debate was nothing more than a charade in which both of these so-called candidates refused to address the real reasons which is driving our

America is falling apart and the election of a new President beholden to special interests and corporate cash is not going to save the country, but only hasten its demise. 

nation into the abyss.

In regards to the economy neither candidate mentioned the failure of free trade and globalism, both of which benefit the wealthy elite at the expense of the working man.

Neither candidate even remotely referred to the wholesale transfer of entire industries overseas to China and many other Third World nations, leaving millions of Americans unemployed or working in low-paying service sector jobs.

Although both candidates mentioned the greed of Wall Street and expressed sympathy for the pain it has caused its victims, neither candidate spoke of the lack of help in the bailout legislation for those faced with losing their homes. McCain did, however, promise to help homeowners if elected.

Both candidates talked mostly in generalities in regards to reinvigorating the economy, with few details of what they would do or how they would get Congress to go along with any plan they might come up with.

Only the same mantra about how important it is to bail out Wall Street, which both candidates insist is necessary in getting the economy going again, despite the opinion of a majority of Americans who disagree.

Senator Obama promised middle class America a tax cut if he is elected, but failed to mention in the same breath that he just voted to give $700 billion of their tax payer dollars to Wall Street.

As for heath care, both candidates recognized the need to do something and both claimed to have a plan to insure all Americans, although both failed to say how much it will cost.

Both candidates also spoke of the need to do something about entitlements, particularly Social Security, with McCain invoking Ronald Reagan's model as a sterling example of Social Security reform, which despite the wording turned out to be just another huge tax increase in disguise.

In regards to the war Obama called for the head of Osama, while McCain laughed about his singing about bombing Iran to the tune of the Beach Boys Barbara Ann. Both candidates disagreed on the war -- not to end it, but where it should be fought.

And on and on they went, talking about treating the symptoms but coming up with no cure for the cause. It is clear that both men are little more than window dressing hoping to deceive voters into thinking that they still have influence in the political system but whose real agenda is obvious, that of serving the interests of their wealthy and powerful benefactors.

America is falling apart and the election of a new President beholden to special interests and corporate cash is not going to save the country, but only hasten its demise.

Having bet on both horses it is a win-win situation for the wealthy elite, but a sure loser for the rest of us. America, as we have known and loved it, is finished!

Love and Prayers Markers.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

delurad

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:32:41 am »

My goodness!!  If we didn't know that God is in control this news would be terrifying, wouldn't it?  Thankfully, we have trust in God and His wisdom to help us cope with anything that comes at us.  Praise Him. Love and prayers, Dee.
Report Spam   Logged
jesusinmemsb
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 06:37:57 am »

Well My! I do feel the pain of Mrs. Fisher here but! I do not have the same feeling of Hoplessness Amen? I guess because my hope is in my Jesus!!! Are we finished? Not till our King comes Amen? Are we as Americans in trouble? Why yes indeed! Its my humble opinion that America is going to be brought to Its knees, just far enough for our leaders to repent and come to the realazation that we can not function unless we are one nation under (God) once again! It is all so my humble opinion that we can see God pulling His hand of protection off of us because we have as a whole in America have tried to push God out as our leader. The God we serve has so much Grace and Mercy all It will take is repentence and turnning back to Him, Humbling ourselfs before our King and inviting Jesus back as our leader, this is why you are hearing every day as Christains we must begin to Fast and Pray for our country, we must break the donomanational chains and become one Family of Christ under God! wow I do so hate religion!!!! It does nothing but seperate us and keep us from being one body under Christ! Let us stop playing Church and seeking forms and format's as a way to seek God, and seek Him in Spirit and in Truth as one! Amen! when this happens God will show upp and show off in a mighty way! Just my Humble opinion, what you all think? love and prayers Markers.

lol sister Dee you posted at the same time I did lol let me say I couldent have said it better my self luv ya sis and Amen!
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:58:07 pm »

Wow!!! Mark and mom your responses are soooo good! I can't add much except to say this poor guy Leon Fisher, needs a good dose of the Holy Spirit and a lesson in Hope. Even though he is right in some of his comments, scaring his reading audience this way only causes fear and falling away of faith. Just another tactic the enemy uses to bring us to a place of chaos. With each paragraph of doom and gloom Mr. Fisher wrote, we Christians can add a paragraph just below it, talking of God's mercy and Words of Hope. You bet we need more God in our government and more sound laws to protect us, and we need to pray for God to place these people in authority for us. As fallen human beings we haven't a clue about what to do. That is what God is for. We lean on God's mercy and Grace and we stay obedient to His Word. And... we submit to whomever He decides to put into office, no matter how much we think we know who is the better choice.   

Rom. 13:1...Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Rom 13:2....Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Rom 13:3....For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

Rom 13:4....For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Rom 13:5....Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

So much for 'not adding much'.  laugh

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
BlondeChickInNC7

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 01:51:52 pm »

We all have hope in Christ but it does make me feel helpless for those who stubbornly refuse to accept that we are all nothing without GOD!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: