Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 20, 2024, 02:39:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I was so confused about the "Vote" in November

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I was so confused about the "Vote" in November  (Read 130 times)
nwgrown

« on: October 19, 2008, 04:42:13 pm »

Maybe this post will help someone like me.  I pray it does.  God bless you all and I am glad to be a member of CIP. your sister in Christ, denise PS I am brand new here and none of you know me, but I am a born-again christian and I believe that the Word of God, the bible, is His Written Word to us on how to live in this fallen world.  I know this is a very contraversial subject but I felt led this a.m. to get it out to as many christians as possible.  I feel so strongly about encouraging other christians not just to vote, but to know that God's Word will help them in making the right choices in that vote. 

Confused about who as a christian, you are
going to vote for?
Maybe don't want to vote at all because it seems it would be the lesser of 2 evils? How about not voting because you feel politicians are all liars anyway, whats the use? And what about all those issues, oil prices, healthcare, taxes, etc etc.? How bout not voting because you believe God will "iron it all out"? I've thought all these things about this upcoming election. Lastnight at church God gave me the answer, for me personally. I am not saying you should agree, or that your way is wrong, if different. I just want to share this christian's experience in this whole upcoming election "crisis". For me, it has felt like a crisis. I admit to being frightened at what "might happen" if certain people come into power in this country. Yes, my faith and trust is in God above all else. But I have been givin a blessing to be born in a country where I can still vote for who will be the leaders of this country. I can still vote on "measures" that are morally right. Even if my choice doesn't win, I still will not give up my "blessing" of being able to cast my vote.

Lastnight sermon was on "the main" issues, for me. The "moral" issues, the ones that God's Word specifically covers in the Bible. Abortion and Homosexual Marriage/rights. The other issues I am not going to go into as I feel, for me, these two things are the "deal breakers". The bible is very clear on both these sins.

God says He knows us even when we were in the womb

Psalm 139:13-16
13For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
14I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Some will give many "excuses" why abortion should be ok, or atleast in some cases. One I will address is the issue of the mother's life being at stake if the child is born:

John 15:13Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends

Phil 2:3-4 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

And on homosexual lifestyle & marriage & adopting children. The second 2 issues there is no need to even go into as the bible makes it clear that homosexuality is a sin:

Leviticus 18:22-23: 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. 23 Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10: 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [fn1] homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

With all that I have heard, it is clear to me one candidate is "for" these practices and one is not. All other issues with these men running for the highest office in our country, are secondary, in my opinion. I believe if christians vote according to Gods Word on these 2 issues that are clearly recognized as immoral and totally against God's Word, the Lord will bless this country. God says:

Matthew 6:33 "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all things will be given unto you"

I believe that the other issues at stake, like Social Security, oil prices, schools, taxes, etc. All these things will come along if we do our utmost for His highest.

Please brothers and sisters, not only use your "blessing" of being able to vote, but use God's Word to make your decision on that vote.

Your sister in Christ, denise

PS I wanted to add this as it may help when some might be angry or think I am some sort of a "know it all" christian. When I was in my 20's abortion was a big fad. The reason I have no children today is because I had 3 abortions, a 4th was a miscarriage but I would have aborted that child also. I was not born-again, I didn't even know the baby was a baby. I thought it was like an egg, a chicken egg that hadn't formed yet. When I got saved, I saw a movie called "the silent scream". I knew then that I had committed murder. I won't argue with anyone on these issues. These are simply my beliefs and how I believe the Holy Spirit has taught the Word of God to me. I pray me sharing helps someone not just in this election, but also, to remember that all we need is in God's Word, for every question in life. What would Jesus do? It's all written down for us.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jesusinmemsb
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:58:28 pm »

Sister Denise welcome to our loving and wonderful Family here at Cip, I no longer Moderate this board sis but have my opinions still lol I think this is a very good post and that all who may be having trouble deciding on how to vote give it a good long read. The truth and the answere to all we as Christains have to decide on in life is as you said, is in the Holy Bible, and as Christains I agree that we should seek God on everything we do, I am one that the right to vote has been stripped of because of a felony record in my past, so I will repete your great words of? If you are able to cast a vote as a child of God please take advantage of that right and vote! Thanks for being obedient sis and God bless you, Love brother Markers Wink
P.S. Your testamony of how you have repented and overcame your past will be used by God to help many many others traveling that same road my new friend thank you so much for showing the power love and Grace of our King in your Post! Smiley....BUT GOD~!!!  AMEN?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:04:20 pm by jesusinmemsb » Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:20:20 pm »

Welcome to our family sis! And what a way to introduce yourself, with a thoughtful and Spirit led message. It isn't the shy laid back Christian that gets the job done. God tells us clearly in Rev. 3:16... "So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth."  Pretty clear Words about what God expects of us. If we don't stand up for the Christian values and the moral standing of our leaders then we are not being obedient. This presidential election has enormous importance. We are in the last days and our country HAS TO have the anointing of our Lord on it. Of course He showers us with His unending mercy and grace, but the Bible tells us this too will soon end. We have to use our collective might in winning over souls and declaring the Word of God. We can't do that unless the correct people are placed in our countries leadership roles. We need to elect people that believe abortion is wrong, believe that same sex unions are an abomination, and that our freedom to worship openly and with safety isn't compromised. I have my mail in ballot on my kitchen counter and when I fill it out you can be sure I'm going to do so carefully and thoughtfully.  My vote for President is a no-brainer but my state leaders are a little more difficult. Just like where you live I'm sure. If someone doesn't sit right in your spirit don't vote for him or her. Use the wisdom God has instilled in all of us. God shows us in which way to go and in which way to live. Never compromise or tolerate. We need to be all God wants and expects us to be. LOL, I sound like I'm running for office myself!  Cheesy

Great post Denise, keep 'em coming!

love ya,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:03:17 pm »

Hi Denise!

Welcome to our wonderful family here and thank-you for this most insightful post!  We've concluded our elections in Canada, however being friends with many from the US, I hear the comments and the dismay in voices and emails.  I love the way you've used scriptures to enhance your position on this election, and find it to be very intelligently put together!  I would like to encourage anyone who has friends and family in the US to copy and paste Denise's post into an email and send it to them (or use the email button)! 

Denise, I look forward to reading more of your posts and to get to know you better Sis!

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: