Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 16, 2024, 07:13:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How To Handle It When Others Wrong You

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Handle It When Others Wrong You  (Read 237 times)
tervana1

« on: November 17, 2008, 09:26:24 pm »

1. Seek to communicate privately with the person who has wronged you.

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over" (Matthew 18:15).

2. If you can't get the matter settled, take one or two with you.

"But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses'" (Matthew 18:16).

3. If that doesn't work, tell it to the church; seek help there.

"If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector" (Matthew 18:17).

4. Bless those who persecute you.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse" (Romans 12:14).

5.  Do not seek revenge.

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody" (Romans 12:17).
"Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord" (Romans 12:19).
"Do not say, "I’ll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you" (Proverbs 20:22).

6.  Pursue peace with everyone.

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone" (Romans 12:18).

7.  Overcome evil with good.

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21).

8.  Imitate Jesus by suffering wrongfully, if need be; in no way should we try to get even.

"To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps" (1 Peter 2:21).

9.  Love your enemies and do good to them.

"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?" (Matthew 5:43-47).
On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head" (Romans 12:20).

10.  Turn the other cheek; be kind to the person who has wronged you.

"You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you" (Matthew 5:38-42).
"Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else" (1 Thessalonians 5:15).

Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cometsweep32

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 06:37:03 am »

Thank you for sharing this Terri.  This is wonderful advice straight from the Lord on how to deal with conflict.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 10:40:10 am »

Awesome advice! Wise words! Amen!  smitten
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
marieann293

GOD BLESS ALL AND TO ALL THE GLORY

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 05:28:08 am »

AMEN AMEN TO ALL YOU SAID HERE I BELIVE THIS IS A WAY TO STAY IN TUNE WITH GOD AND HIS WORD TELL US TO UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER IS THE SAME ONLY IN ONE WAY WE KNOW JESUS LOVES US ALL THE SAME AS ONE GOD. AND WE DONT KNOW WHAT EACH OTHER S FAITH BELIVES IN THERE ARE MANY .WALKS OF FAITH .YES GO TALK IT OUT .amen
                                                     thank you Jesus  Marge

I sure hope i said this to my understand able.
some times i do have trouble in faiths there are ..
as i research more and more they are all of the same  the words he loves us the same  amen
 OK i may have said it wrong .( your input is welcome ..)   
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:23:42 pm »

Hi Marge,

I think I understand what you mean. There is only one true faith..and that is Jesus. As long as we genuinely and wholeheartedly give our lives to the Lord then no matter what denomination, if any, we belong to, we can be assured we are loved, forgiven and adopted as sons and daughters of the Most High. Hallelujah, thank Your Jesus!

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 09:15:51 am »

These are very encouraging scriptures and wonderful promises for all of us.  Sometimes satan will sneak in and bombard our thoughts with memories of a time when we may have been wronged.  We can lose sleep and feel tremendous hurt over and over as a result!  Our goal should be to face this suffering as Jesus did - with patience, calmness and confidence that God is in control of the future!

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:47:22 pm »

thanks for the info and love reading the messages.  smitten
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 10:25:12 am »

OH BOY,  WHAT I SURE NEED TO HEAR.  I SURE HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY SUPERVISOR SINCE MY ACCIDENT.  AS MUCH AS I WANT TO GET EVEN I TRY TO RELY ON THE LORD FOR WHAT HE WOULD DO.  BUT OUR FLESH SURE LOVES TO GET IN THE MESS OF THINGS. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH. 
LOVE JACKIE
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 08:03:01 pm »

Hey Terrie,
I want too say some thing.
I love your message.
Ty forshareing that.
But one thing we all have too becareful how we use this.

Once i learned that Mathew 18:15 real well,i found out,i would go too every one who did me wrong,wether it was bye a look at,or not as phone call back after i called and so on.
Before i new it Terrie,i was doing it allot of Math18:15, and got people really thinking,wow Kenny is out correcting every one. embarassed Which i was all the time.Then things startyed too happend.

God spoke too me through Charles Stanly message today, There is conquences for our Anger...God really spoke too me.
I was  really AngeryTerrie at many things,i do not wish to get intoo..
I even had a brother in Christ call me up and spoke too me brotherly Love and in truth.
I new that God wanted me too share this today,i kept comming here all day,and now i found this Message..Wow this was the go ahead ((((Terrie)))
God really showed me some thing,i need too stop excpecting people too do what i want them too do...Stop excpecting people too call you when youi called them 4 times  embarassed and they do not answer..Stop thinking people should act they way i want them too be!Stop excpecting people too be the way you want them too be.,

Yes Granted i was hurt bye others for a great reason,but God showed me i am not them,and they are not me.He is incontrol.
I have too let it go and not hold ontoo my grudge toward every one.
I had been in so much peace with my self today and i am going to over come this insecure thing.
If you have a prasyer list every one,Please add me too it,sent a encouraging word too me,i sure would Love that.

I mean if you all did not see Charels stanly message?I encourage you too go to watch it.
http://www.intouch.org/site/c.cnKBIPNuEoG/b.4943195/k.95DD/This_Week_on_TV.htm
If youi have anger issues,you better watch the vidieo every one.Charles Stanly will speake the truth,and i belive whole hardly,it was God speaking too me and others.
Ty for the message Terrie,i love it but we all have too check our heart too,to see if wee are the problem too ,not Just them.
Love,
Brother in Christ,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
Lona211

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 12:59:59 am »

AMEN, AMEN TERRI
Report Spam   Logged

What You Are Is God's Gift to You And What You Become Is Your Gift To God. Leona
tervana1

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 08:36:59 am »

I'm sorry Kenster you have been hurt. We've all been there.  Cry  There are times that call for confrontation and times that call for us to just keep still, leaving God to do the convicting. By letting Him take over it keeps us from harboring resentment and bitterness. I heard Pastor Stanley's message, it was terrific!

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 09:22:07 am »

Amen Terrie,
Ty for the encouraging word.
And yes his Message was great to.
Loved it.
I have been in real peace  with my self,but some times,i still get that feeling.
I start praying and ASk God too help me to over come the feeling i have as excpecting things of others..
I belive the enimy trys too discourage me and put Junk in my head.
But i get down and pray and keep my self busy in the word and worship Music.
God bless you Terrie  Cry I love Jesus
Love Brother in Christ,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 04:10:21 pm »

Thanks for the message!  cool
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: