Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 08:29:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

And So It Begins

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And So It Begins  (Read 187 times)
tervana1

« on: December 03, 2008, 10:39:28 pm »

Culture War Erupts Over Christmas

Wednesday, December 03, 2008
By Bill O'Reilly

You may remember that certain companies ordered their employees not to say the words "Merry Christmas." It was outrageous. We identified those companies, and many Americans, many of you, stopped doing business with them. Presto, the words "Merry Christmas" came back fast to the retail world, a major victory for traditional Americans.

Now it is certain governments that are the problem, with one incredible situation in Washington state.

At the state capitol building in Olympia, there's a display featuring a Nativity scene, because Christmas honors the birth of Jesus, a holiday tree, and now a sign denigrating religion that was put up by atheists. This is what the governor of the state, Christine Gregoire, feels is appropriate.

Of course, the atheists are thrilled.

DAN BARKER, FREEDOM FROM RELIGION FOUNDATION: At this season of the Winter Solstice may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.

Now, this is political correctness gone mad. There's no reason whatsoever to allow an anti-religious sign to be posted alongside a Christmas display. It is inappropriate and out of context.

Christmas is a federal holiday honoring a religious man, Jesus. We also honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in this country. Does that mean we have to put up a sign next to his likeness to appease those who may not like his religious affiliation? Of course not.

The buck stops with Governor Gregoire, who refused to even issue a statement about this, and she walks past that sign everyday. She is a weak, confused leader who is allowing a small fanatical group parity in Christmas displays.

I mean, how crazy is this? What's next, an atheist display next to the "Welcome to Corpus Christi, Texas" sign?

Governor Gregoire's phone number is 360-902-4111, and you should respectfully tell her how you feel about this, because if cowardly politicians don't get the message, we can kiss our traditions goodbye in this country.

If atheists want a public holiday honoring the Winter Solstice, fine. Petition your congressperson. We don't celebrate Ramadan in this country because our traditions are Judeo-Christian, not Muslim, not agnostic.

Washington state is ground zero for just about every nutty secular cause on earth. But this time, the state has embarrassed itself and the nation.

And that's "The Memo."

— You can catch Bill O'Reilly's "Talking Points Memo" and "Pinheads & Patriots" weeknights at 8 and 11 p.m. ET on the FOX News Channel and any time on foxnews.com/oreilly. Send your comments to: oreilly@foxnews.com

Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

delurad

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:24:46 am »

Thanks Terri.  Bill O'reilly is my favorite commentator on Fox News.  He is always fair is his analysis of current affairs and says he is a Christian so he looks out for OUR side of issues.  Love, Mom
Report Spam   Logged
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:52:19 am »

I started typing a response to this and got so upset I couldn't type fast enough to keep up with my thoughts, so I deleted it all and will simply say, "Keep out Nation and it's leaders covered in prayer!"  Thank you Terri!
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 06:15:35 pm »

Well, at least Walmart got it right again. They're playing Christmas (even Michael W. Smith) music, and I get to say Merry Christmas.
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 09:29:24 pm »

This is something else isn't it.   But its funny how so many can yell and scream about the christians in the world and what they believe.  They work so hard to get the government to stop prayers and Christmas and living with your Faith.  But by taking the Lord out of the picture in our Governments and our lives only shows that there is so much corruption in the world.  so much violence and killings and abuse.  I am sure that the Lord's heart is just sick about the whole thing.  I know for fact that is sickens my heart so much and yet there is no way to imagine what it does to the Lord, our Savior. 

It was great to read this but yet it my soul grieves for the fact they are sure missing the full picture of what the Lord truely is.  Good advice on how we can speak our minds and to know that we stand firm in the Lord Jesus Christ and we shall not be moved. 

Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
littlebear1841

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 03:59:54 pm »

I am saddened more and more everyday as I watch this country fall further and further away from its roots. I am only 33, but in my short years on this earth even I can see when you take the Lord out of society, society falls into chaos. We were once a country that was mighty (because our founding was on the Lord and His principles), now we (as a nation) are being allowed to fall into our own depravity. Murders, robbery, sexual immorality, suicides, economic upheavals. These are all the things that are left when you say there is no ultimate truth. If there is no God then there is no consiquences for evil, and no hope for tomorrow. How it grieves my heart to see this happening to my country that used to be "One Nation Under God".  Cry May the Lord have mercy on those who choose to serve and honor Him, and may His Word be spread thoughout this nation, unimpeded and unhampered. The Lord is above all and can accomplish anything that is in His will. May your will be done Lord!!
Report Spam   Logged
Lona211

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 07:29:05 pm »

AMEN TO ALL POSTS, AS I LOOK AT IT , IT IS JUST CLOSER TO JESUS COMING TO TAKE US HOME. AMEN LEONA
Report Spam   Logged

What You Are Is God's Gift to You And What You Become Is Your Gift To God. Leona
tervana1

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 10:17:36 am »

Oh Angie, I couldn't agree more. You put it perfectly. You are wise beyond your years little sis!  smitten

love ya,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 10:26:38 am »

"For men will be lovers of self...rather than lovers of God..." - 2 Timothy 3:2, 4

Imagine a time in history, when "people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unloving, slanderous, without self-control, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; holding to a form of godliness but denying its power." Doesn't this sound like today's world...even describing many inside and outside of today's churches!

When were these words penned? Almost 2,000 years ago... in the Word of God. This prediction was prefaced with these haunting words: "But realize this: that in the last days difficult times will come" (2 Timothy 3:1).

Sounds like we're there.
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: