Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 20, 2024, 03:21:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Kind of an odd question

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kind of an odd question  (Read 202 times)
BlondeChickInNC7

« on: December 08, 2008, 11:20:13 am »

Ok if the human race was origionally jewish (adam,abraham,noah etc.) how did the gentiles get started if there was no other race to mix with.I have heard someone say that there were giants that were from an angel and human union (Gen. 6:4). I also know that everything that happened is not in the Bible,if so it would be many,many books. Does the Bible say anything about how the gentiles got started?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Schrd27

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:43:26 pm »

Abraham begot Ishmael.  Ishmael  begot us pagans, until we were grafted into the branch of Abraham through Christ and became children of the only true and living God. 

Abraham was chosen by his faith in God to be the father of nations, and Israel to posess the land by His eternal Covenant that He made with Abraham.  God merely mediated the covenant with Moses, handing down the Law, without which, we would not understand sin.  Abraham was root of Israel and all who believe in the Son.  The Gentiles and the Remnant of Israel will posess the Kingdom by the new Covenant while living in His age of dispensation of grace.

God bless.  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
BlondeChickInNC7

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 09:35:33 pm »

I get what you're saying but what i'm getting at is if after the flood no one was left but Noah and his family and they were all Jewish,they couldn't mix with other races because there were none.

I DO NOT in any way mean this as racial or anti-semetic. It's just a question. We should all respect Jewish,Black,White,Asian,Middle Eastern and anything in between.None of us would be here but for the grace of God.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:41:17 pm by BlondeChickInNC7 » Report Spam   Logged
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 04:48:14 am »

Genesis 10 Tells us how God separated the nations through Moses Son Shem Ham and Japeth.

Genesis 10
The Table of Nations
 1 This is the account of Shem, Ham and Japheth, Noah's sons, who themselves had sons after the flood.
The Japhethites
 2 The sons [a] of Japheth:
       Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech and Tiras.
 3 The sons of Gomer:
       Ashkenaz, Riphath and Togarmah.

4 The sons of Javan:
       Elishah, Tarshish, the Kittim and the Rodanim. 5 (From these the maritime peoples spread out into their territories by their clans within their nations, each with its own language.)

The Hamites
 6 The sons of Ham:
       Cush, Mizraim, [c] Put and Canaan.
 7 The sons of Cush:
       Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah and Sabteca.
      The sons of Raamah:
       Sheba and Dedan.

8 Cush was the father [d] of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth. 9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said, "Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD." 10 The first centers of his kingdom were Babylon, Erech, Akkad and Calneh, in [e] Shinar. [f] 11 From that land he went to Assyria, where he built Nineveh, Rehoboth Ir, [g] Calah 12 and Resen, which is between Nineveh and Calah; that is the great city.

13 Mizraim was the father of
       the Ludites, Anamites, Lehabites, Naphtuhites, 14 Pathrusites, Casluhites (from whom the Philistines came) and Caphtorites.

15 Canaan was the father of
       Sidon his firstborn, [h] and of the Hittites, 16 Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashites, 17 Hivites, Arkites, Sinites, 18 Arvadites, Zemarites and Hamathites.
      Later the Canaanite clans scattered 19 and the borders of Canaan reached from Sidon toward Gerar as far as Gaza, and then toward Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, as far as Lasha.

20 These are the sons of Ham by their clans and languages, in their territories and nations.

The Semites
 21 Sons were also born to Shem, whose older brother was Japheth; Shem was the ancestor of all the sons of Eber.
 22 The sons of Shem:
       Elam, Asshur, Arphaxad, Lud and Aram.

23 The sons of Aram:
       Uz, Hul, Gether and Meshech. [j]

24 Arphaxad was the father of [k] Shelah,
       and Shelah the father of Eber.

25 Two sons were born to Eber:
       One was named Peleg, [l] because in his time the earth was divided; his brother was named Joktan.

26 Joktan was the father of
       Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah, 27 Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah, 28 Obal, Abimael, Sheba, 29 Ophir, Havilah and Jobab. All these were sons of Joktan.

30 The region where they lived stretched from Mesha toward Sephar, in the eastern hill country.

31 These are the sons of Shem by their clans and languages, in their territories and nations.

32 These are the clans of Noah's sons, according to their lines of descent, within their nations. From these the nations spread out over the earth after the flood.

There are many questions about this.  Abraham was after the flood. Ishmael was the son of Hagar who was the maid servant to Sarah.  Instead of believing God that Sarah would bring forth a son they allowed Abraham to father Ishmael through her maidservant Hagar. By this time the other nations had been formed though through Noah's descendants.

Genesis 17: 19 Then God said, "Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. [d] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year." 22 When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:06:44 am by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 08:12:00 am »

BlondNC, I LOVE your questions. I just wanted to say that.

The question, being good, is slightly flawed, and therefore we need to look at definitions. Adam was not Jewish. Noah, Abraham (the Jewish patriarch); not Jewish. Jacob, also called Israel; not Jewish. You could possibly call two of his sons, Judah and Benjamin, Jewish, but not by the purist definition. Jesse, David, even Solomon; not Jewish. Solomon's kid Rehoboam; he was the first king of the Jews. Here's why. The term "Jewish" is derived from the term "Judean" which refers to those of the kingdom of Judea, which came into existence when the kingdom of Israel split in two after the death of King Solomon. The kingdom of Judea consisted of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, with the other tribes becoming the kingdom of Samaria or Israel. The broader race, the "Hebrews", are descended from Abraham's line through Israel. It refers to the "Haibaru" who got their name from the city of Hebron. The gentiles, simply refers to those who are not Hebrew. Most of the races in the world are descendants of Ham and Japeth, with the descendants of Shem hanging around the middle east (dominated by Arabs descended from Ishmael and Hebrews descended from Israel). Over a short course of time, races can change skin color. For example, it only took a couple of hundred years for descendants of African slaves to lighten up their color as they were in more northern climates of North America. These blacks or African Americans (whichever is PC right now) are nowhere near as dark as their cousins below the Sahara. Perhaps in a few hundred years the color will be almost indistinguishable from those who are white (who are not nearly as white as the English who came over here.) Races are basically large groups of descendants from a single family. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse anyone too much...

In His service
Brian
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
xOkamix

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 11:08:07 pm »

The most recent scientific evidence indicates that all humans evolved in Africa, then populated the rest of the world through successive radiations. It is most likely that the first people had relatively large numbers of eumelanin producing melanocytes and, accordingly, darker skin (as displayed by the indigenous people of Africa, today). As some of these original peoples migrated and settled in areas of Asia and Europe, the selective pressure for eumelanin production decreased in climates where radiation from the sun was less intense. Thus variations in genes involved in melanin production began to appear in the population, resulting in lighter hair and skin in humans residing at northern latitudes.

Something else interesting, digging into chinese linneage, (was looking into flood stories in various cultures, and found China's Noah was called "Nuwa") their ancestry goes all the way back to the brothers Lo-Japeth and Lo-Ham.
Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 05:40:59 pm »

By the way, Noah was still hanging around at the time of Babel...

There are other indicators he went east at the scattering.
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: