Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 18, 2024, 03:07:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

My husband's return

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My husband's return  (Read 155 times)
maathoth
« on: December 13, 2008, 11:31:54 am »

Hi Everyone,

I would like to share a story with you all. This event happened 2 years ago.
  I have had a really rocky marriage. My husband, Sal, liked to drink a lot, and hang at bars mostly. It has been a really rough 15 year marriage, but 2 years ago something happened.
  My husband left me in the summertime and was gone until fall. I had already pretty much given up on the marriage.
  One day, I felt an extreme urge to go and look for a job, as strange as it was, because it was pouring rain outside; I did so, anyhow. I went to the nearest main street and was walking along thinking to myself, what I could possibly do; as I was ill, and had been for years. I could work a part time, but not even that every day, and was facing a sure homeless situation. I approached the Catholic Church, St Ignatius. Being with the Lord, I was drawn to inquire about a job inside the church. There was a man standing at the door of the church, and I knew he worked there. I asked him if there were any job openings for secretarial, or database management. He told me there was no positions open.
  I turned around, depressed, knowing my fate...when suddenly a girl walked up with an umbrella, and covered my head and asked me to sign a petition. I asked what the petition was about, and she explained that it was to raise the minimum wage for the worker. Well, of course I would sign, I told her.
  I took the petition and was signing it, when I noticed that 3 lines above my signature was my husbands signature and address! I knew God had answered my prayers, and I told the girl that the signature on the petition above mine, was my husband's signature. She pulled the petition from me, and I pulled it back from her. I told her, can't you see girl? We are standing in front of a church, and God has answered my prayers! I jotted down the address, and left.
  I walked to the house and met the man and woman he was staying with. I left a message for him, but to no response.
  A couple of weeks later, my daughter came to town, with the grandchildren, for the yearly family picnic. She left when the festivities were over a few days later. She called me less than 5 imin. after she left. She said she felt something wasn't done, that she had to do something. So she returned, and I asked her that perhaps she could drive me over to see Sal. She did, and when I got there, Sal seemed different somehow. We went out for an ice cream, and he returned home.
  I told him what happened. He has been home since, and the first year he drank a bit, but the second year home, he hasn't drank at all.
  What happened was that I got sick, and was diagnosed with Hep C. I found that my Hep C was actually not even in my blood stream yet, and was inactive. Something I hadn't even heard of, until then. So I knew I had gotten it from Sal. I asked Sal to get tested. He did. They found he had Hep C, active. Then it made sense why every time he would drink, he got real sick.
  Well, after he found out, he stopped drinking finally, and we have been doing well.
  Just had to share this story with you all. Wanted to thank God again for His great blessings in my life! He is soooo good!!!
  God Bless everyone here that may have marriage problems. I ask Jesus to release His children from these problems, and that Jesus would touch their lives and free them from these burdens. I thank you Jesus for hearing my prayers! Amen...

God's Blessings,
Maathoth
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:26:31 pm »

Amazing Barbara!

My first thought when I finished reading is how God used an illness to bring the two of you back together!  This goes to show everyone that when we allow God to let His plan unfold in our lives, He WILL use it for His glory and will bless us at the same time!  I'm praising God with you Sis for the mending of your marriage and for Sal's release from alcohol!  Thank-you so much for sharing your miracle with us girlfriend!

love you,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
maathoth
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 03:34:33 pm »

Hi Georgie,

It is always great to watch God's plan unfold, for sure!
  The event that struck me the most was when the girl walked up and literally handed me his address. I had no idea where he was. And in front of a church yet! How amazing Jesus really is! Without that address, we would have not gotten back together.
  Yes the drinking finally ended too. I am so grateful! Even if I have to be sick too, it is all worth it, because now Sal is free from drinking! It is amazing!
  Love you Georgie!

God's Blessings,
Barbara
Report Spam   Logged
cometsweep32

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 04:18:01 pm »

Wow Barbara!  Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.  Praise God that you and your husband are back together!  I am so happy for you.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 07:16:40 pm »

Whoo hoo God is working before we even ask! Your story just proves that God has every detail figured out. Down to the girl he placed in your path. What an awesome story of God's abounding grace and mercy. You and Sal were destined to be together. I'm praying for you both for a healing from the Hep-C.

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
maathoth
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:14:12 pm »

Hi Christie,

Thank you for sharing with us! We are happy, finally! God is great!!! God Bless you sister Christie...

Barbara
Report Spam   Logged
maathoth
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:16:07 pm »

Hi Terri,

He does! Amazing God we have to watch over us.
  Thank you for the prayers to recover from the Hep C. We need them. God Bless you sister Terri! I love you lady...

Barbara
Report Spam   Logged
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:32:30 am »

Barbara, what a wonderful testimony!  Thank you so much for sharing!  God always has our best interest at heart, we just need to trust Him, listen to Him, believe in Him and wait on His timing!  I am so happy that He has blessed your marriage!  smitten
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
maathoth
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 09:47:38 am »

Hi Deb,

Thank you for your reply. It is the waiting that gets us. LOL But if we endure, the Lord answers, and in my case; when I had given up. God Bless you Deb.

Barbara
Report Spam   Logged
pauline1028

GIVE A HUG~GET A HUG

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 11:41:03 am »

smitten WOW BARBARA,THANK YOU FOR SHARING A BIG PART OF YOUR LIFE!   GOD IS GREAT!!!  smitten
Report Spam   Logged

Love your Sister in Christ
Pauline  <>< <>< <><
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 03:55:02 pm »

thanks for sharing!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: