Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 04:12:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GOODNESS  (Read 107 times)
hbowenscfl

« on: January 01, 2009, 10:58:40 am »

Two weeks ago the church Budget Committee presented their Proposed Budget for 2009 and I found out that effective January 1, 2009 that my job as pastor's secretary (which I've held for 13 years) might be ended. The human part of me went into a panic, my biggest concren was how would I pay my bills without a paycheck. Although I receive Social Security Disability it definitely isn't enough to live on. I don't have credit cards or those types of bills, just rent, car insurance, phone and electric and buy groceries once a month. Simple things for living.  I went to the pastor and explained all this to him and even though he said he understood, he didn't offer any suggestions or help, just said we'd talk about it later.

I knew in my heart what the Bible says "that my Father in Heaven would not forsake me," and I truly trust and depend on HIM.
So I prayed, Father, let YOUR will be done!!

Yesterday, on December 31 the pastor finally decided it was time to talk and I told him "OK let's just cut to the bottom line"!
I've worked 20 hours a week for the past 4 years after having taken a cut from 40 hours, so another cut I felt wouldn't be fair since they had promised to revisit my original salary and never did.

Bottom line is I will now be working 15 hours a week at the same rate of pay. I will have to give up some things like my ancestry.com account and netflix but that's OK. GOD MADE SURE I COULD STILL PAY MY LIVING EXPENSES! And I will continue to lean and depend on HIM.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:00:04 pm »

Thank you so much for sharing this with us and Praise God!
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
tervana1

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:51:19 pm »

Hi Helen...good to see you sister!  Smiley  I loved your story. God never ceases to knock my socks off with His blessings. Good for you!  The Lord may want you to put Netflix and Ancestory.com away for awhile and give Him your full attention. Thanks so much for sharing with us how you put your complete trust in Him through it all. It's then we receive the blessings!  smitten

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:00:23 am »

Hi Helen!

So good to read how God is still providing for you!  He knows what you need!  Amen?  God always takes care of us! 

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: