Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 02:38:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Suicide

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 155 times)
tervana1

« on: January 01, 2009, 07:26:19 pm »

Our hearts go out to those who have thoughts of ending their own lives through suicide. If that is you right now, it may speak of many emotions, such as feelings of hopelessness and despair. You may feel like you are in the deepest pit, and you doubt there is a ray of hope that things can get better. No one seems to care or understand where you're coming from. Life just isn't worth living...or is it?

Debilitating emotions are experienced by many at some time or another. Questions brought to mind when one is in an emotional pit are, "Could this ever be the will of God, who created me?" "Is God too small to help me?" "Are my problems too big for Him?"

However, if you will take a few moments to consider letting God truly be God in your life right now, He will prove just how big He really is! "For nothing will be impossible with God" (Luke 1:37). Perhaps scars from past hurts have resulted in an overwhelming sense of rejection or abandonment. That may lead to self-pity, anger, bitterness, vengeful thoughts or ways, unhealthy fears, etc., that have caused problems in some of your most important relationships. However, suicide would only serve to bring devastation to loved ones you never intend to hurt and emotional scars that will have to be dealt with the rest of their lives.

Why should you not commit suicide? Friend, no matter how bad things are in your life, there is a God of love who is waiting for you to let Him guide you through your tunnel of despair and out into His marvelous light. He is your sure hope. His name is Jesus.

This Jesus, the sinless Son of God, identifies with you in your time of rejection and humiliation. The prophet, Isaiah, wrote of Him, "He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:2-6).

Friend, all this Jesus Christ endured in order that you might have all your sins forgiven! Whatever weight of guilt you carry around with you, know that He will forgive you if you humbly repent (turn from your sins, to God). "…call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me” (Psalm 50:15). Nothing you have ever done is too bad for Jesus to forgive. Some of His choicest servants in the Bible committed gross sins, like, murder (Moses), murder and adultery (King David), and physical and emotional abuse (the Apostle Paul). Yet, they found forgiveness and a new abundant life in the Lord. "Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin" (Psalm 51:2). "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Why should you not commit suicide? Friend, God stands ready to repair what is "broken"... namely, the life you have now, the life you want to end by suicide. The prophet Isaiah wrote: "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, a to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor" (Isaiah 61:1-3).

Come to Jesus, and let Him restore your joy and usefulness as you trust Him to begin a new work in your life. "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise" (Psalm 51:12, 15-17).

Will you accept the Lord as your Savior and Shepherd? He will guide your thoughts and steps—one day at a time—through His Word, the Bible. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" (Psalm 2:8). "He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure" (Isaiah 33:6). In Christ, you will still have struggles, but you will now have HOPE. He is "a Friend who sticks closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24). May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you in your hour of decision.

If you desire to trust Jesus Christ as your Savior, speak these words in your heart to God. "God, I need you in my life. Please forgive me for all that I have done. I place my faith in Jesus Christ and believe that He is my Savior. Please cleanse me, heal me, and restore my joy in life. Thank You for Your love for me and for Jesus' death on my behalf."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 07:29:59 pm by tervana1 » Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Char4Jesus

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 07:33:38 pm »

I have attempted suicide several times in the past,  and even now sometimes I feel the deep depression and despair come over me.  But I know that God has brought me through it in the past and will keep guiding me and holding me now and in the future.  I know that God can bring good out of bad things and many of my poems comes from the deep depression that I have felt,  and the hope that God has given to me.   I thank Him every day that He is with me, holding me, and giving me the strength that I need to go on.   Sometimes it's hard to reach out to Him and satan will use this to draw a person away from God,  but God is always there, with his hands out, just waiting for you to reach out and grab hold of Him.  Just call upon His name and He WILL be there for you.

Charlene
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 07:50:11 pm »

I too have attempted suicide and struggle with depression.  No mattter how dark things look or seem to be, God has always pulled me out of the pit and put me back in the light.  I overheard someone once say that taking your own life is the ultimate selfish act.  I have to agree with that statement!  How selfish of us to destroy the best gift ever given us by the Lord, our life.  How selfish of us to think that our families would be better off without us.  How selfish of us to feel that God cannot fix our problem.  If anyone is feeling this way and need someone to talk to, please reach out.  I will be more than happy to listen!  In God's love, Deb
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 09:53:44 pm »

I TOO HAVE ATTEMPTED SUICIDE SEVERAL TIMES IN MY LIFE, IN FACT, THE LORD HAS SAVED ME SEVERAL TIMES.  I KNOW THAT ITS HARD TO SEE THE LIGHT OF THE LORD WHEN YOUR IN YOUR DARKEST TIME.  BUT FOR ME IT WAS KNOWING WHAT WAS RIGHT BUT YET CONNECTING MYSELF TO WHAT I KNEW, WHICH I MUST ADMIT I ENDED UP BEING HARDER ON MYSELF THAN ANYONE COULD BE.  BUT THERE WAS TIME WHEN I TRULY BELEIVE THAT THE LORD WAS SPEAKING TO ME.  SAYING : " YES JACKIE ,  I FEEL YOUR PAIN I KNOW ALL THAT HAS GONE ON.  BUT I TOO HAVE BEEN SUFFERING.  FOR I WAS REJECTED AND PUT TO DEATH.  FOR DOING NOTHING WRONG.  STAND AND BELIEVE IN ME JACKIE AND I WILL SEE YOU THRU. "  AND THEN WHEN I WAS READING HIS WORD, IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, OF MATTHEW, MARK AND LUKE AND JOHN, WHERE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT HIS BIRTH TO ALL THE WAY UP TO HIS DEATH.  WHERE HE WAS PERSECUTED AND FLOGGED AND MOCKED AND PUT THE DEATH, ALL I COULD THINK OF HOW COULD I SIT BACK AND FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF WHEN I HAVE GONE THRU NOTHING LIKE THAT. MY PROBLEMS WERE NOTHING.   TALK ABOUT BEING PUT TO SHAME. 
NOW I KNOW THAT I STILL GET DEEP DEPRESSION BUT EACH TIME I DO ,  I LEARN FROM IT AND GROW AND WHEN I GROW ITS IN BABY STEPS AND NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING TO BIG.  FOR I KNOW THAT THE LORD IS TAKING CARE OF ME AND GIVE ME NOTHING MORE THAN WHAT I CAN HANDLE.  I PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT. 
     I FIND MYSELF BEING ABLE TO LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE AND GIVE SOME FEED BACK TO WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED.  BUT YOU KNOW THAT WHEN I AM POINTING TO SOMEONE I HAVE ALSO 3 FINGERS POINTING BACK AT ME.  SO I AM ALSO SPEAKING TO MYSELF.  I PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT.  AND AS I DO THIS,  I FIND THAT THE LORD IS BRINGING ME ONE MORE STEP CLOSSER TO THE TRUE FREEDOM OF THIS LOUSY DEPRESSION.  FOR THE LORD IS THE TRUE ANSWER IN EVERYTHING.  FOR WE ARE MADE BY THE OUR SPECIAL CREATOR , WHO WE REPRESENT HIM,  WE ARE IN HIS IMAGE. 
     PLEASE IF YOU ARE DOWN AND SEE CHANCE IN THIS LIFE.  WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE BY REACHING OUT TO JESUS AND TO SOMEONE WHO WILL LISTEN TO YOU.  ITS NOT WORTH IT TO END IT ALL,  SUICIDE IS NOT ABOUT DEATH , IT ABOUT RELEAVING THE PAIN,  BUT DEATH IS THE END RESULT.  BELEIVE ME DEATH IS NOT THE ANSWER MY FRIENDS.  REMEMBER NOW,  AS I TELL YOU THIS,  I AM TELLING MYSELF 3 TIMES MORE BACK AT MYSELF.  BUT I CAN STAND AND SAY THAT JESUS IS THE REASON TO LIVE AND TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND THERE ARE MANY HERE THAT HAVE BEEN THRU ALOT AND WILL UNDERSTAND AND WILL LISTEN.  I TOO, AM HERE IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO YOU. 
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
itammy

God Bless You

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 10:01:50 pm »

Wow ladies....having dealt with this same situation recently in my on family...this really helped me Thank YOu   Tammy
Report Spam   Logged

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength , they shall mount up on wings as eagles. Then shall run and not be weary,  they shall walk and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31
tervana1

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 10:33:55 am »

Cry Cry  I am moved to tears ladies.  Cry Cry  Your words today will help many that suffer. I am so blessed by your presence here in this ministry and it pleases God that you are sharing your experiences with us. God bless you for winning the fight!

I love you guys,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

delurad

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 06:13:13 pm »

I really feel all your pain. Sometimes illnesses or loss of loved ones, or depression that is brought on by so many things are the reason that some of us feel we just can't go on.  Can't and don't want to.  The reasoning is that we can't take the pain any longer and the only way out, it seems, is to end it all.  I guess that would be the answer for an unbeliever as they have no worry about the after life, where we Christians do.  If we think we have it hard now we need to stop and think about eternity in hell.  I can't even imagine what that would be like.  I don't even like to think about it.  But, Hallelujah, we have a hope.  A hope and a promise that we will live forever in a place of joy and no more tears at the feet of Jesus.  Isn't it worth some trouble in this life?  I am so very grateful that Jesus suffered and died that I might live forever with Him.  Amen and Amen.  Love, Dee.
Report Spam   Logged
maathoth
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 01:14:21 pm »

Hi Terri,

God Bless you lady for posting this much needed guidance on why not to commit suicide. You are a true blessing to everyone here!
  As you know, my sister committed suicide at 28 years old. A tragic death, to this day, the family remembers, especially at the time of year she died.
  I was thinking of killing myself a few years back, when Sal left me for 3 months. Just before he left, God came to me, when I was in bed, but not yet asleep. I felt Him grab me, with His great hand, and He brought me to this place. It was in the middle of the darkest dark, I had ever seen. There were 3 rows of folks dressed in red robes. They just stood in the middle of the darkness, not talking, or even noticing each other, and they were thinking.
  I was terrified at what I had seen! Suddenly God put me back into my body.
  The question that came up about this horrible sight, was, "Why are they dressed in red robes?" I asked God this question every time I remembered that horrible place that God showed me.
  He didn't answer me until about 2 months after Sal left. The next day I had decided to take some pills and kill myself. When I went to bed that night, I remembered that awful place. I asked God, "Why are they dressed in red robes?" Finally, He replied, "These are those who took their own lives".
  It hit me like a huge slap in the face! I was prepared fully to kill myself the next day, and realized that God had set me up for this, months in advance. Of course, I didn't go through with it. Even death was easier than being in that place, having been there and seen for myself what it was.
  Anyhow, that was my experience with considering suicide. I hope perhaps this story will help someone in need. It is true, and am sure glad I had God with me, so I didn't go to my doom.
  I think that place is mentioned in the Bible, and it is called "outer darkness". All I know is I never want to go there again!
  I love you Terri! God Bless you in all that you do lady!

Your sister,
Barbara
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 09:18:35 am »

My goodness sis, that must have been terrifying! I don't know about this place being in the Bible. I haven't heard of 'outer darkness. Sort of sounds demonic to me.  Shocked  However God showed you the importance of life, the experience was something to be grateful for. God bless you hun!

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

maathoth
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 12:40:03 pm »

Hi Terri,

There is mention of "outer darkness" in the Bible. It has to do with the wedding feast. A Ccertain man came to the wedding feast and he was not clothed properly for the feast. So Jesus says in Matthew Ch 22 vs 13-14
13: Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14: For many are called, but few are chosen.
What is unnerving about the subject is the clothing. The folks in outer darkness that I saw wore red robes, certainly not appropriate for the supper feast of the lamb, when it is time to go to the kingdom of God.
Those that go to the supper feast of the lamb wear white robes. Red is obviously the blood they spilled when they took their own lives, and so they cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Where I was in that place was terrifying at the time, that I thought to myself that I would rather be stabbed to death, repeatedly many times, to death, then I would to ever have to go to that place again. It was real, as far as I am concerned. I was there...I am sure of it.

Love,
Barbara
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: