Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 04:17:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

minisetring too men and women!

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: minisetring too men and women!  (Read 143 times)
BaldEagle4Christ

« on: January 08, 2009, 12:30:07 am »

Ok now i Must ask.
Why does women have too Minister too women and Men have too Ministrer too men.
Is there a scripture in the bible talk about that?
Which i am going too email my Pastor after this.
I do not see this in the bible.
Why can't men Minister too women?I know the enimy can come in if we are not care ful and i believe Paul talks about it in Galation 6:1 when some one is caught in Sin.And that they have too be careful so they do not fall in temptation!
So help me Understand More Better.

What if God leads a Christain women in my Life?And i Miss it?
Brother in Christ Kenny

Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

itammy

God Bless You

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:14:38 am »

Kenny I think that it is an issue of protection...I think that when a man ministers to a woman then another woman should be present....If God leads you to minister the opposite sex,,He will provide you with the proper setting and people.  It is sad to say that in our society people talk now...just have to protect yourself.....If I go talk with my pastor....He always has a 3rd party present.  I too don't know of any scriptures on this .... just don't want to give the enemy any ground.  This is just how I feel...if there are scriptures, I too would like to know.....Tammy
Report Spam   Logged

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength , they shall mount up on wings as eagles. Then shall run and not be weary,  they shall walk and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31
tervana1

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 11:07:26 am »

Kenster, great question, wish I had an answer! LOL I don't know of any Scripture that forbades it. It's interesting that the Jews in the Bible had seperate worship places for men and women, still do as far as I know. Maybe Brian can help us with that one since he's Jewish. I agree with Tammy in that a good Pastor will not put himself or herself in a place where tongues can wag. But as far as friends ministering to each other of the opposite sex....why not. If we didn't how else would meet future boyfriends, girlfriends and spouses.  smitten

love ya,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:58:37 am »

Very good question Kenny!!  I am picturing the multitudes, of men and women, that Jesus ministered to in the New Testament.  The women were mixed in with the men at most of His teachings, ie: The Sermon on the Mount, but He also did minister to Mary Magdalene, Mary and Martha, and the adultress that was about to be stoned.  I must agree, that for everyone's own sake, it is wise to have a third party present. 
Love,
Deb
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:25:36 pm »

Sure, drag me into it, Terri. watchit First of all, there is ministering and there is pastoring/teaching, and it is important to differentiate between the two. We are all called to minister, gender bearing no effect, and an example of that would be a homeless shelter. Both men and women feed both men and women. And yes, it would be anice way to meet a member of the opposite sex who is commited to the Lord. (Don't do it JUST for that... crazy) As far as from a teaching/pastoral standpoint, I believe only men can be the pastor of a body. This is backed up in Timothy, and by the principle that a man is called to lead his family. The pastor is like the father to a larger family. It does not forbid women holding leadership positions, but the ultimate head must by definition and principle be a man. Therefore, men can teach women. If it calls for a one-on-one teaching, all the pastors I know make sure there is another person in the room or use a security camera to preserve their own integrity. As far as women teaching, there actually is a verse to support women teaching and who they teach. I'll start in Titus 2
"1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:
2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience;
3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--
4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed."

As far as the Hebrews, the principle of men being the spiritual leaders was, as usual, blown out of porportion, and the common law in the Talmud is that women have no business learning scripture.
Application: I have noticed that this site is primarialy women (sorry Kenny); and one of the wonderful things I see in this site is the wonderful teaching and encouragement y'all give to each other. Congratulations; you have these verses down pat Smiley

I hope this was helpful to everyone (please don't shoot me angel)

In His service,
Brian
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 04:40:09 am »

Thank you all for the great inputs.
Brother Brian you seemd too helped me allot and of course the Ladies. Grin
Yes it is wise that Pastors should be exctra careful do too rumors and other accusations.
But there really is no verse in saying Women should preach too women and men should preach too men.
He wait amin  Huh...------ is a big fan of that..I will wait on her response  watchit
Oh Sister ------ where are you?  watchit lol i will get back too you all.
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: