Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 29, 2024, 03:50:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

it don't work

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: it don't work  (Read 233 times)
Hesmyfriend2

« on: January 12, 2009, 09:54:46 am »

Things don't change and prayer doesn't help.
sugar
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:58:27 am »

Hi Lisa,

I used to have the same outlook as you are having right now and I understand the struggle it brings!  At one time in my life, I thought that God didn't care about me or my sisters as He allowed major problems to occur, and it also led to many wasted years as I backslid!  Lisa, the good news is that God never left me, was just waiting for me to call on Him and let Him help me!  He's waiting for you too Sister!  Give your struggles to Him, spend time in His Word and pray pray pray!  God loves you SO much and doesn't want to see you turning your back on Him.  Prayer 'does' work and things 'do' change!  Please give Him another chance Sis! 

CIP provides help for you with the Mentor's outreach and they will be able to help you much more than me, so please email them at mentors@christinpogo.com. They are compassionate and very helpful Lisa.

love you Sis,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:46:15 am »

Lisa, please check in with the mentoring outreach!  God does love you and hears all your prayers!  Just because we don't get the answers we want, doesn't mean He isn't listening honey!  God loves you so much that He sent His only begotten son to suffer pain beyond our imagination, for you, so that you will have eternal life with Him in heaven.  Please don't give up on God!  Seek the help of other Christians and get an easy Bible to read, (I like the NIV) and like Georgie said pray, pray, pray!  Keep seeking God and He will bless you beyond measure!
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
Char4Jesus

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 12:49:55 pm »

Lisa,  God answers our prayers in His way and His time.  We need to learn to wait upon Him and to lean upon Him.   God uses times like this to increase our faith and to teach us to fully lean on Him.  You have been given some very good advice.   Keep praying, reading God's word, and talking with other Christians.  And please do contact the mentoring outreach.  God is with you and wants to dry the tears that you cry,  You just need to reach out to Him with a humble and trusting heart.

Charlene
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you
tervana1

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 01:52:26 pm »

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having troubles. Since we talked last I have thought about and prayed for you often. You can still reach me through Mentor's or my private email. I'm still here for you sweetie.

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 03:54:24 pm »

Hi LISA,

I know that the problems of this earth are real and sometimes we lose our faith in what we think God can do.  I am experiencing some major trials in my life right now.  God is still with me.  Have you ever given your life to Jesus and asked him to come in to your life and be your savior?  That is the most important step in seeing God work in your life.

God is not a spirit that is way up there and unattainable to us down here on Earth. He is our God, our Creator, gee, he even knows our every thought even before we do.  He knew you before you were born.  He is an awesome God.  We will never know the extent of his love towards us. 

He tells us in his word that we must come to him in faith believing that he is God. The word is believing here you need to see. The bible tells us we can not receive anything from God unless we ask in faith believing that he is able to do all things.

THIS WORLD IS A WICKED PLACE AND THE PROBLEMS WE FACE ARE NOT GIVEN TO US BY GOD.  We like to forget about God until things go wrong in our life.  Then we think we can pray and expect God to jump right on it.  when he doesn't we get mad at God.  We need to see God as our father and love him unconditionally in the good times andin the bad, knowing that our only hope for salvation is in his Son.  You see, this world and all that is in it will pass away.  We will die. Our spirit is eternal and the choices we make on this Earth while we are here will determine where we will spend our eternity.
God is a Holy God and a Just God and He willnot usurp his authority over your life unless you ask Him to come in to your life.

Think about this.  The bible tells us that God is Love.  When we reject God we reject Love.  Can you imagine a world where there is no love?  No one that has a kind word, noone you can turn to when you have troubles? When we reject God we are saying that we do not need Him or Love in our lives because he is Love.  We have until we die to accept Jesus Christ.  He is the only way to the Father. After we breathe our last breath it is too late. God being all loving and Just , and holy will grant us what we wish.  He would love for all mankind to accept His Son and have eternal life.  That is His wish for us all.  We make the choices in life to love Him or reject Him. When we choose not to love God we choose an eternal life with no love, no Father, no mercy or grace.  He has no choice but to grant us our wish and cast us away from him, into eternal damnation, away from God and love.  I pray you will think hard about what you are going through and realize that when you give your life to Jesus and you ask him to come into your life that he will be with you in good times and bad.  We will be persecuted and have trying times in our lives.  But when we trust in God we know that no matter what we go through our eternal life is in him.  As you study His word in your life and you become familiar with the promises he will give to you then your faith will grow and you will see God able to move more in your life.

The devil wants you to turn away from God.  Then the devil, Satan wins.  Do not be deceived by him but cast your cares on Jesus and he willhelp you through it.  It may not come the way you think it should or as fast as you think it should but your salvation is the most important miracle in anyone's life.

We may live 70+ yrs on this earth, eternity is forever.  We are like a vapor of smoke on this earth, here one minute and gone the next.  No one has a promise for tomorrow.  Give God a chance to show you how much he does love you.  You have to love Him first and trust in Him. 

I know you do not know me but I know my God and I know that He loves you and will help you if you will allow him to do it His way.  His word says seek him and you WILL find HIM.  Knock and the door will be open to you.

I have stood on faith for healing many years and I have received many miracles in my life that prove to me that God is real.  This year my faith has been tested beyond all measures.  I stand and profess my faith and I am still being attacked with sicknesses that seem to stay.  I know that my God meets all my needs according to his riches and glory. I know he is my healer no matter what is happening to this mortal body.  Sometimes he allows things to come upon us so we can see where our faith is.  I feel sort of like Job right now, but I know one thing for sure, I will never ever not procleim the goodness and mercy of our Lord.  Though the sicknesses may come and eventually steal my life I know that I have eternal life in heaven.

Faith is the substance of things Hoped for and the evidence of things not yet seen.

We have to believe even though we can not see it, knowing that our God is a miracle working God.

Well praise God, meditate on his word and continue to pray. The one thing you need is a one on one relationship with Jesus and the Lord, the only way to get that is by praying and talking to him.  No one will stand beside you on judgment day, not your mom or dad or closest friends.  You will stand alone.  Will they know your name, and know that you are one of theirs?  Ask yourself how will you stand on that day.  We all have to stand alone.  repent and ask God to forgive your sins and if you have un forgiveness in your heart repent of it.  The bible says he wil lnot hear our prayers if we have anger or unforgiveness in our hearts toward one another. Once you repent and ask God to forgive you then begin praying and thanking him for everything good or bad in your life and ask him to help you in the areas you need help.

May the Lord open your eyes to see his wondrous ways.

Your sister in Christ,

Laurie

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:43:14 am by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
Hesmyfriend2

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 08:45:03 am »

no I  messed up too much. my fault
Report Spam   Logged
Ljclaire

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 09:06:29 am »

Praise God!!!!  You came back in to check your messages!!!!  That means that God is working in you to help you to see that He is still there for you.!!!  OH He Loves YOU!! He willlll see you through this crisis in your life!!  Whatever it is.

There is nothing you can do that will not be forgiven you. You just ask the Lord to forgive you and he will.  Did you know the man that wrote most of the New Testament was a murderer?  He went around having Christians thrown into jail and stoned.  Then one day on his way to go get some more and throw them in prison he met Jesus. This experience changed his life in one instance. Jesus is no respecter of persons.  Sometimes I think that we have a hard time forgiving ourselves.

The devil wants you to feel unworthy.  Guess what?  I have good news for you!!!!

None of us on our own are worthy for his love!!!.  The bible says we all fall short of the glory of God. There is not one worthy, no not one.  The bible tells us that it is only by his Grace we can be forgiven.  It is a free gift from God.  All we have to do is surrender to him and ask him to forgive us and to be our Lord and he will do this.  Not because we deserve it, but because he loves us and wants us to love him.

Do not be mis led my friend.  Just ask Jesus to forgive you and he will.  Then turn your life around and try not to do the things you used to do but live for the Lord and be grateful that he has given you eternal life.  Only you can ask for forgiveness.  Only you can stand before God.  Do not let the devil steal your joy.  Do not let him defeat you.  I do not know how old you are but I know no matter what you have done Jesus still loves you and he has a place in his family for you.  He will never leave us or forsake  us if we will cry out to him.

Praise God.  Your friend, Laurie

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:12:02 am by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 11:01:32 am »

Lisa, never give up on God, He won't give up on you!!  If He could love and bless David, who was considered a murderer, and adulter, and so many other of the Old Testament people, just think how much more He can and will bless you.  All you have to do hun, is fall on your knees, tell Him what you have done, ask for His forgivness and take Jesus back into your heart.  He will bless you beyond measure!!
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
Ljclaire

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 11:05:28 am »

amen Deb  What an awesome God we serve!!!
Report Spam   Logged

cometsweep32

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 12:34:26 pm »

Lisa,
I realize that you are going through a tough time right now, but you must not give up on the Lord!  I too was recently going through a time financially and didn't have money for food or rent.  I almost gave up because I almost got evicted from my apartment.  I got through it though.  I just prayed to God and He provided.  Just keep praying and ask Jesus into your heart once again for that is where He wishes to be.  I promise you that things will get better.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Lona211

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 01:34:02 pm »

HI LISA, HONEY I CAN NOT ADD ANY MORE ADVICE TO YOU THEN, ALL THE GREAT ADVICE THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU, AND IT IS ALL SO TRUE, JUST DO YOUR BEST TO FOLLOW IT AND YOU WILL BECOME A NEW PERSON, AND ALL THAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH gOD WILL GO TRHOUGH IT WITH YOU AND GUIDE YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THAT IS THE VERY BEST FOR YOU.. I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS ALSO.
I LOVE YOU AND GOD LOVES YOU MORE AS HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON TO DIE ON THE CROSS FOR ALL WHO WILL ASK FORGIVENESS AND EXCEPT HIM AS HIS SAVIOUR, AND PROSMISES US A HOME ETERNAL WITH HIM, WHEN WE LEAVE THIS OLD WORLD, AND HOW GLORIOUSE THAT WILL BE TO LIVE FOR EVER WITH JESUS. NEVER GIVE UP ON ANY THING AS gOD IS IN CONTROL OF IT ALL. AND HE WANTS YOU TO DEPEND ON HIM AND NOT ON YOUR SELF.. LOVE YOU MUCH, SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT YOU, LEONA
Report Spam   Logged

What You Are Is God's Gift to You And What You Become Is Your Gift To God. Leona

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: