Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 20, 2024, 01:17:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Confess with Humility

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confess with Humility  (Read 68 times)
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« on: January 13, 2009, 09:54:18 am »

Are you able to admit when you are wrong? How about confessing your part in a disagreement? Are you able to come before someone and share your flaws, problems, addictions, hang-ups, or struggles?

If you answered yes, then chances are you are on your way to be humble. If you answered no even to one of these questions you might have to deal with your pride. James 4:8 NIV says “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” I don’t know about you, but I don’t want God opposing me. I want his grace instead.

No one can be humble when they are full of pride. One must first empty out the pride before humility will shine. How do we empty out the pride?

Start by identifying all the ways pride shows up in your life. This may take some time. You may want to start a journal to keep track of the times you spot it. If you don’t think you have pride, ask God to help you see. Look for situations where your thoughts are constantly about you. Bingo! There’s pride. Watch for times when your feelings are hurt when no recognizes your good deed and log that down too. Yep, more pride. Listen to your words. Are they bragging or boasting about your hard work or your efforts? Now, you’re starting to see pride.

This next step helps you deal with pride appropriately. Once pride is identified, learn to confess it to God through prayer as soon as possible. This will help get rid of pride before it becomes a stronghold. Learning to pray on the spot to confess your pride when it happens also develops a lifestyle of prayer which will draw you closer to God.

The last step in this exercise is talking things over with a trusted Christian friend of the same sex as you. Sometimes lessons aren’t learned completely until they’re shared with another believer who can help you see what you might have missed. Other times the believer is there for moral support. James 5:16 NIV says “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.” It’s difficult being completely honest with our self. We need the strength of other believers to encourage onward so we don’t grow weary of doing what it right.

Proverbs 28:13 NIV says “He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.” If we want to learn to be humble, we identify pride in our life then confess it to God and others through prayer. Openly facing our flaws and asking for God’s grace is the path towards humility. Of course, none of this is possible with out the power from Jesus Christ in us. Through Him we can do all things.
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 02:16:10 pm »

OUCH!!!  Looks like I need to get another journal started!!
Like my grandma used to always say, "Pride goeth before a fall!"
She was a wise women!
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:28:52 pm »

YOU KNOW THAT IN THE MIDDLE OF PRIDE  IS "I"  AND IN THE MIDDLE OF SIN IS "I".  FOR PRIDE SURE GETS IN THE WAY IN OUR WALK WITH THE LORD.  I THANK THE LORD FOR HUMBLING ME WHEN I NEED IT AND LETTING ME KNOW THAT WHEN I HAVE MY EYES ON MYSELF AND NOT ON HIM.  I JUST PRAY THAT I BECOME MORE HUMBLE TO THE LORD EVERY DAY AND CONTINUE TO ADMIT TO MY FAULTS. 

THANK YOU FOR THE PINCH OR A WAKE UP CALL TO SET MY LIFE STRAIGHT.  I AM GOOD AT ADMITTING WHEN I AM WRONG,  BUT I AM SURE THAT THERE ARE AREAS IN MY LIFE THAT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.  AND ALWAYS WILL BE.  GREAT LESSON TO RE-READ OFTEN. 

LOVE
JACKIE
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: