Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 05:54:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

If I've turned away from God, is it possible to come back?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I've turned away from God, is it possible to come back?  (Read 175 times)
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« on: January 13, 2009, 10:07:24 am »

Join the celebration.

Isaiah 55:6-13

Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts.  Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.  "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.  This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed."

There are more than a few Scripture passages that tell of God's great joy when one of his children turns away from a life of sin and comes back to life with God. Many of the stories Jesus told revolve around the theme of the lost being found (for example, the stories of the lost son and the lost coin in Luke 15). But here in Isaiah is one of the Bible's most vivid images of God's delight in welcoming back his people.

When you turn away from God, you may do so because you don't feel his presence in your life, or because you're plagued with doubts about his power to act on your behalf. When you finally feel ready to come back to God, you wonder if he'll take you in. You wonder what your punishment will be for rejecting God.

But this passage is a reminder that God not only is willing to take you back, he's waiting for you to return to him (55:6). And when you do, all of creation celebrates your return (55:12). What a beautiful picture of God's love! You'll find mercy where you expected punishment, joy where you expected anger, and freedom where you expected judgment. When you return your broken life to God, he's more than ready to make you whole again. (See also Lamentations 3:31-40; Ezekiel 37:1-14; Hosea 3; Joel 2:25-27; 1 John 1:8-2:2.)

Good Words to Remember:
You shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Char4Jesus

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 10:57:43 am »

God has taken me back when I strayed,  and looking back I can see that although I may have strayed from Him,  He was always there, taking care of me.   He is faithful, merciful and loving.   If you have strayed,  just reach out for Him,  He is waiting with open arms to welcome you back.

Charlene
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:09:03 pm »

Hallelujah!  God loves us and wants nothing more than to know that we love Him too.  Isn't it awesome to know that He will always welcome us back to Him, no matter how we have strayed, as long as we repent and accept Him into our hearts! 
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
tervana1

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:31:39 pm »

Amen and Praise God for His mercy and patience. I don't have a clue what the percentages are as far as how many Christians have fallen away. I would imagine more have than not. Your's truly leads the pack. Gosh I was a stubborn mule many years ago. My excuse was, I won't have any fun anymore, my life will be sooooo boring! LOL   Grin  What a fool I was. When I think back at the "fun I used to have", I literally get sick at my stomach. What a total waste of years. God could have chosen to end my life right in the middle of all that sin! But he had plans for me, and plans for you too. And not boring ones either. Exciting, joyful, unimaginable plans. Each time I pray, the first thing I say to God is thank You. Thank You for giving me another chance to be forever in Your presence. "My mouth is filled with Your praise, declaring Your splendor all day long."  Psalm 71:8 

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
itammy

God Bless You

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:06:54 pm »

I am so thankful that no matter how far I have strayed....God has remained Faithful to me and has never left me.   He has always remained true to His word.   Thank God that He always welcomed be back with open arms and loved me regardless.  I am forever grateful to him for His love and mercy.    Tammy
Report Spam   Logged

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength , they shall mount up on wings as eagles. Then shall run and not be weary,  they shall walk and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 10:46:18 pm »

Praise the Lord!!!  He is so good and his mercy endures forever!!
Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 10:36:38 pm »

PRAISE THE LORD FOR ACCEPTING ME AND WELCOMING ME BACK WHEN I RAN AWAY (STRAYED).  FOR THE LORD KNOWS WHAT IS IN OUR HEARTS AND KNOWS THE OUTCOME.  HE KNOWS RATHER OR NOT WHEN WE TURN AWAY IF WE ARE COMING BACK OR NOT.  BUT HE IS PATIENT ENOUGH TO WAIT FOR US.  I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW THE LORD CAN SEE HIS CHILDREN RUN AND YET COME BACK AND GIVE US THE COMPASSIONATE LOVE THAT HE DOES.  I GUESS AS A PARENT WE DO THE SAME.  SO I CONTINUE TO KEEP A CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD AND NOT LOOK IN THE WAYS OF THE WORLD THAT IS SO TEMPTING TO PULL ME AWAY FROM THE LORD .  WE NEED TO KEEP A STRONG FAITH IN THE LORD AND TRUST IN HIS WORD AND TO READ AND LIVE HIS WORD IN ORDER NOT TO STRAY. 

Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 04:31:30 am »

Yikes,i would not, and i pray i would never fall away from God.Yes His Love and Mercy does last for ever,but i sure hate too be caught fallen away from him when the time Jesus comes.

Good Message there sis.
I truly believe that is Gods promise too us all.
As his words say's he will never Leave us or forsake us.
Hebrews 13:5 NIV
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 09:36:27 am »

I now know, that in my youth (my wild & crazy Days), the Lord was always with me!  He never did leave me!  I can remember, "that still small voice" was always telling me not to do this or that, and I ignore it.  Praise God, that He knew I was just having a lapse of my sences.  He knew that He had a better life planned for me and wasn't about to let me ruin it!  I am so thankful that I always heard that voice, and that I finally started heeding it!  God has blessed me beyond measure!
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
tervana1

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 11:05:05 am »

Amen and Amen everyone!!  Just look at the way we all love our Lord! I get so inspired by reading your Praises and get The Holy Ghost Bumps each time I do.

"I will Praise You as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:4

Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 06:33:25 am »

Same here Deb!  In my worldly days I'd ignore His voice too, preferring 'my' way, until I got to a point where I didn't hear Him anymore.  God loves us SO much, and has so much patience that no matter what we've ever done against Him, He is way more than happy to accept us back!  How did we ever deserve such love? 

Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb
Could rescue the souls of men
Oh you rescue the souls of men

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost the way
Oh, we've hopelessly lost the way

You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for

Almighty, infinite Father
Faithfully loving Your own
Here in our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne
Oh, we're falling before Your throne
Report Spam   Logged

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
plyrplybll

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:07:34 pm »

Sometimes the most important truths are the easiest to forget and in 2Kings 6:16
reads Don't be afraid those who are with us are more then those who are with them.

May the truth that saved you always be the dearest truth of your life.
                           rev bob
Report Spam   Logged
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 12:29:46 am »

Amen Rev Rob!

When we face difficulties that seem insurmountable, we need to remember that there are spiritual resources available even if we don't see them.  We need to look through the eyes of faith and let God show us His resources! 

If we don't see God working in our lives, then the problem may be our spiritual eyesight, not God's power!

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 10:22:50 pm »

AMEN EVERYONE  FOR THE LORD IS SURELY A LOVING GOD ,  WE CAN ONLY PRAY TO BE LIKE THE LORD AND TO LOVE FULL HEARTEDLY.  I DON'T THINK I COULD EVEN BEGIN TO IMAGINE HOW BIG GOD'S LOVE FOR US IS.  KINDA SCARY TO THINK WHAT THE WORD  "BIG" IS. 
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: