Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 12:43:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Obama Lifts Ban on Overseas Abortion Funding

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Lifts Ban on Overseas Abortion Funding  (Read 224 times)
tervana1

« on: January 23, 2009, 04:39:18 pm »

FOXNews.com
Friday, January 23, 2009

President Obama on Friday lifted a ban on federal funding for international groups that promote or perform abortions, reversing a policy of his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama signed the executive order one day after the 36th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in all 50 states.

Liberal groups welcomed the decision while abortion rights foes criticized the president, who was long expected to make this move during his first week in office.

The so-called Mexico City policy requires any non-governmental organization to agree before receiving U.S. funds that they will "neither perform nor actively promote abortion as a method of family planning in other nations."

It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that even talk about abortion if there is an unplanned pregnancy.

The policy was first instituted by President Ronald Reagan in 1984 and continued by President George H.W. Bush. The policy was reversed by President Bill Clinton in 1993, and re-instated by President George W. Bush in 2001.

Both Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who will oversee foreign aid, had promised to do away with the gag rule during the presidential campaign. Clinton is to visit the U.S. Agency for International Development, through which much U.S. foreign aid is disbursed, later on Friday.

Organizations that had pressed Obama to make the abortion-ban change were jubilant.

"Women's health has been severely impacted by the cutoff of assistance. "President Obama's actions will help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, abortions and women dying from high-risk pregnancies because they don't have access to family planning," said Tod Preston, a spokesman for Population Action International, an advocacy group.

Anti-abortion groups criticized the move.

"President Obama not long ago told the American people that he would support policies to reduce abortions, but today he is effectively guaranteeing more abortions by funding groups that promote abortion as a method of population control," said Douglas Johnson, legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee.

Obama has spent his first days in office systematically signing executive orders reversing Bush administration policies on issues ranging from foreign policy to government operations. On Thursday, he signed three executive orders to rein in secretive U.S. counterterror policies and end harsh interrogations.

FOX News' Major Garrett and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

delurad

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:21:01 pm »

Man, it's already starting.  I expected it, but was hoping for change of heart for Obama.  With a one party government I suppose we have to expect more of the same.  God help us. GOD HELP US.
Report Spam   Logged
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:23:48 pm »

Amen Mom Dee!!!!!  As I was reading it, I thought ,"And so it begins."
Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
littlebear1841

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 07:50:05 pm »

It is on days like these when it becomes more difficult for us to be obedient in praying for our leaders. When we see the choices they make so totally out of the will of God, we can find ourselves angry, and resentful. It is at these times that we need to stop and remember who we are in Christ. We are told to be obedient as followers of Christ. I find myself holding a grudge against this man for the way he lead in the state of Illinois (and his pro-abortion stance in the Senate). It is more important now than ever that I remind myself that to be obedient to Christ means that I can't pick and choose what to obey. I say this more for myself and my own personal feelings than for any response made by anyone else. (Though I'm sure others feel the same way at times.)

Lord God Almighty,

You know how hard it is for us to pray for someone whose actions are so out of Your stated will. However, Lord we know that to be obedient to You means laying aside our personal feelings and doing what You tell us to do. Lord Jesus, I pray that you would turn this man's heart, change his attitude not only on the issues of the day, but also that his heart would be made sensitive to Your Holy Spirit. Lord if he hasn't accepted You as his Savior, I pray that he would now. I also pray Lord that we could see the fruits of this change in the policies he carries out for this country. Lord, we know that there is a view in today's world that anything goes. Lord, I pray for this country. May there come a revival in this land. May Your Word spread like wildfire and may many turn their hearts toward You! We need strong leaders in this nation that You made great, but we know to have them we, as a country, need to change our attitudes towards the people we choose to lead us. Thank You Lord Jesus that even in our disobedience you give us grace. I pray this in Your most precious name.

Amen
Report Spam   Logged
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 01:04:37 pm »

Amen and Amen!!  And thank you!!
Report Spam   Logged

peacenlite

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 11:46:22 am »

I'm reminded of the christians where were given a choice between burning insence and saying hail ceasar or be tortured to death.  We can pray for the man, as we are instucted, but with full recognition that he is a tool of his father the devil.  He is a moslim(sp), and may very well be preparing the path for the anti christ.  So i implore you my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, that the bulk of our prayers, the bulk of our time, be spent in preparation for the persecution to come, sooner than we would like, sooner than we realize.  There are things of this world that will be painful to release, but we are not of this world.  This life is but a vapor, let us focus on eternity.  We have read the book, and we win...but as we all know the battles against flehly lusts is not an easy one.  My prayer is that we will be like Christ, and even though we sweat drops of blood in agony, we will still say not my will but yours Father. Amen and Amen.
Report Spam   Logged
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 09:23:40 pm »

It makes me so sad what i read and see.
Just last week some lady who i new,called me about Obama and she Liked him so Much.
I told her i do not care for him to be our president because he is allowing Abortion,(Killing)Of children.
She told me she does not belive in it either.
But she also told me i need too stop[ pushing my belife on other people)  Sad
Was i wrong for that?
I got a Phone call the Friday Morning,God layed it on it on my brothers Heart.
Jeremiah 20:9 i cant stop speaKIng Gods word and God.
It is sad Every one,But God is still in control.
Love Brother in Christ,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
tervana1

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 11:42:47 am »

No Kenny you weren't wrong at all! We are commanded to speak out against atrocities like this one! I don't care if he is the President of the United States or the Pope! We are to serve God, not people...and when they are wrong, we are to say so!

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 02:41:05 pm »

atrocities?What does that mean.I looked it up in dictionarie.com but still do not understand.
Appalling or atrocious condition, quality, or behavior; monstrousness.
An appalling or atrocious act, situation, or object, especially an act of unusual or illegal cruelty inflicted by an armed force on civilians or prisoners.
In another words?

And ty Terrie,i think that was wrong of her,if she did not want me too push my belief on others,then why did she?
I had not heard from her any More,but i do pray Thast God will open her eyes.
Brother in Christ,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 02:51:02 pm »

An easier way to understand atrocites is to think of ugliness and bad and nasty things!
Report Spam   Logged

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 09:12:55 am »

Great explanation Deb!  And exactly what Obama's has done.  I've not commented here because I live in Canada and I don't know enough about the situation to respond, however I've been doing some reading and watching YouTube videos to learn more about Obama.  Some are saying he may initiate the one world order from which will come the antichrist?!?  There was quite a bit of information in the Seattle Times newspaper with 'everyone' who responded to the editorial 'against' what he's done! 

Please help me to understand why he would make such a move, if most are against it?  Who is he supporting?  Whose votes did he gain with the promise to do this?

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: