Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 19, 2024, 10:20:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Should we pray "Thy Will Be Done"

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we pray "Thy Will Be Done"  (Read 167 times)
Char4Jesus

« on: March 27, 2009, 07:37:49 pm »

Hi all,  it was brought to my attention a few days ago that some churches don't believe in prayer "Thy Will Be Done".   But according to Matthew 6:9-10 it says

After this manner therefore pray ye:  "Our Father, which are in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

So shouldn't we pray that God's will be done?  Or am I misunderstanding something here?  Please help me and hopefully others understand this.

Thanks

Charlene
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:42:25 am »

There are eve churches who don't believe God's Word is exactly that. Lots of them.
Simple answer? Yes, we should pray His will be done. It IS that simple.
Brian
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
DaRvrnd
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:39:08 pm »

Charlene:

Blessings to you!

Firstly, God knows so much more than us (He knows everything) and loves us with a love that we can't possibly imagine (God is love); therefore, to pray to the Almighty God, Who loves us like none other, "Thy Will be done," is really the smart thing to do.

Secondly, His Will is going to be done anyway so to pray anything outside of His Will is fruitless at best.

God has what is best for us in His heart and mind; faith is being sure of that and knowing that He loves us so much that He even sent His Own Son to die for our sins. Wow! Can't imagine not wanting His Will to be done in our lives considering all of this! Howa 'bout you?

Blessings!
Report Spam   Logged
Char4Jesus

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 11:23:42 pm »

Thank you all for the replies.  I think the gentleman stating this meant that we don't need to use the words since the Bible is all about God's will and how we should live.   I may have misunderstood him, but I got the feeling that if we live according to God's word, then all good things would be ours anyways.  I know that I try my best, but I still stumble and fall a lot, but I pray that God's will be done in my life since He can forgive my shortcomings and help me IN HIS WILL.  I think the gentleman meant that we don't need to use those words,  yet from the verses, it shows that we should use them when we pray.

Again, thanks so much for the replies.

Charlene
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you
Ljclaire

I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 07:20:29 am »

We need to be careful and not put God in a box and say that this is the only way to pray.  I pray that prayer all the time and I believe it is a perfect prayer given to us from Jesus.

There are many scriptures that show us what God's will is for us. When we know God's will then we must ask in faith believing that we will receive from him. 

If you pray " if it be your will" then you are not praying in faith.

The bible tells us, if we abide in HIM and his word abides in us that we can ask anything and it will be given to us so that our joy may be full.  There is a lot of times we can ask God for things that we want and it may not  be his perfect will for us but he will give them to us for our joy to be full.

Praying to God is our relationship with HIM and he does not want us to recite prayer, or be repetitive in our praying.  establish a relationship with God and talk to HIM all the time. Share your heart with HIM about even the smallest things and you will see that He delights in giving his children gifts, just as we delight in giving our children gifts.

So many times in my life in my alone time with God I have said things to Him and forgot about them, the next day or soon after I receive what I remember praying to Him for.  WOW.
He really hears me.  I get so excited and I give HIM the glory and he is exalted. 

I will give you a little example of what happened to me just this last week or so.

Several months ago I was on my way to a womens conference with my sister, she has 4 dogs and I never really wanted one.  I remember as she was talking about her dogs thinking to myself and saying to God, well Lord if I had a dog I would like to have a poodle.  I never voiced it and I forgot about it.  When I got home from the conference my daughter called me and told me she just bought me a poodle. She felt I needed a dog. LOL. I was in shock.  I knew that dog was from GOD.  WOW.  SO she brought it to me, registered, shots up to date, she even had it fixed for me, brought me abed for it and worm medicine.
I really wasn't so sure I wanted a dog really but now I had this poodle.
She got it here, and I was like Lord I am not so sure I really needed this dog. My sister was crazy about it, but the dog wanted me.  I was not even bonding well, since I had not had a dog for so many years. I tried to give it back to my daughter.LOL
The dog loved me, followed me around and was plain to see she wanted me to be her mom.  LOL Well, I grew to love her and I got very attached to her.

Two Wednesdays ago we went to church and she got out of the yard. We got home and she was gone. I searched and searched for her. I could not find her. She was gone. I prayed and told the Lord I know you gave her to me and devil you can not have her.  I put an ad in the paper, posters out and nothing. Finally on Saturday night I prayed and said Lord I know you gave her to me and you know where she is. Whatever I am missing in my faith I ask that you fill in for me what is missing and bring my dog home.  She had been gone for 4 days by now, I was thinking someone might have found her and kept her for their own she had just be groomed and was beautiful. I fell asleep and at 1 am in the morning she came through her doggy door and jumped on my bed.  She was all dirty and had stickers on her. I woke so happy to see her.  I had not had her long and I am sure now that she had been lost.  But I believe that God brought her home. Led her home.  I bathed her and cleaned her stickers out and we went to bed at 2:30 am.

Was it Gods will for me to have the dog?  I don't think He really cared if I had one or not.  He delights in happy children.  He wants to give us the desires of our hearts.  His word says, you have not because you ask not, so ask that your joy may be full.

We will receive so much joy and happiness in our lives if we will take God out of the box we put him in and trust in Him that he is able to do far more than we can ask or think if we let HIM.

Praise God, walk by faith and not by sight. Pray in faith believing that you will receive and watch God move in your lives.

In closing I want to say this to you  all.  I pray the prayer you were talking about in the beginning all the time.  I want Gods will to be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.  That is a powerful prayer. 

God bless you all and have a wonderful day.

Love Laurie

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:58:29 am by Ljclaire » Report Spam   Logged

II Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN  will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Your sister in Christ,  Laurie
BlondeChickInNC7

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:23:08 am »

I was in a discussion similar to this the other day and this is what I said. Although God gives us people to help us learn more about His Word, they are still human and therefore fallible. I listen to and honor my pastor and anyone else teaching me the Word of God, but nothing or no one will override my Bible. It comes straight from God. If someone says something I'm not sure about, I study the Bible and pray. God is perfect and will not make a mistake. Man can be tempted to put their own "spin" on things and therefore cause alot of confusion. God can't and won't do that so if you turn to Him,you will get the answers to any questions man's words can cause.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: