Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 17, 2024, 06:44:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Does it ever work?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it ever work?  (Read 106 times)
Hesmyfriend2

« on: June 27, 2009, 01:25:35 pm »

The Christian life, I'm talking about.
Does it really work? Can we change?
I've tried and tried but not getting anywhere. Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tara5684

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 03:14:02 pm »

Yes as a matter of fact we CAN change our ways. It says in the Bible that if you don't change your ways you will not grow like the mustard seed but if you change your ways then that mustard seed will flourish. You have to read the Bible every day and pray from your heart for understanding and believe that there will be change inside before there will be a change. I know it is very hard at first, I know from experienve but you can do it as long as you believe that there will be a change from inside then it will show from the outside.
Report Spam   Logged

He alone is my rock and my savation, He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalms 62:2 NIV)
Tara Foster Smiley
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 04:55:47 pm »

One of the keys to change is to jump in both feet. When you place your trust in God, its all the way. We're not allowed to pick and choose. When God says, we do. How do we know what God says? Well, Tara hit it on the head. Be in the Bible. Every day. The more you know in that book, the easier it will be to let the Spirit guide you, and make life, maybe not always easy, (ok, rarely easy if you're following) but always fulfilling. Remember, He didn't come just that we may have life, but to have life more abundantly. Enjoy the abundance!

In His service,
Brian
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
debomama52

God is in control!!

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 10:49:06 am »

You have received great advice!  It might also help if you could find someone in your church to be a mentor to you.  Do you have a youth group leader?  Or just talk to your preacher and he (she) can help you find someone.  Any questions you may have can also be asked on here and we will do our best, with the Lord's help, to give you the help you need to become stronger in the Lord!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:07:05 am by debomama52 » Report Spam   Logged

May the Peace of the Lord be with you always! ~~Deb~~
Hesmyfriend2

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 12:21:00 pm »

I tried that already. Trying to fight against my past life too.
I don't trust easily but trusted a youth counsellor but that
was another thing I did wrong , trusted someone , who
went and told the rest of them.
I can't win. I should of known I couldn't.
Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Tara5684

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:53:21 pm »

You need to put your trust in God and leave it there. He will keep all your problems for you and erase your past and you need to try your hardest to forget the past and move on. I know it sounds hard right now to do this but it will be for your own good to forget the past and leave it all with God. Stick to reading the bible every single day and then find a church that you feel more comfortable in. Don't just give up on God because he will never give up on you.
Report Spam   Logged

He alone is my rock and my savation, He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalms 62:2 NIV)
Tara Foster Smiley
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 06:25:59 pm »

As they say, don't let anyone else stand between you and God. Don't go by the way the world says a Christian should act. Just follow Jesus no matter what. We'll help all we can, but no one here is a substitute for scripture. Also, since we are also imperfect, we'll make mistakes from time to time as well. Our advice is only good if it comes from God's word, so go with that first.
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: