Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 19, 2024, 01:11:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Baptism more than once?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baptism more than once?  (Read 110 times)
whitewolf348

« on: July 14, 2009, 10:17:12 am »

If you were baptized once as a kid, than walked away from God, than wanted to be baptized agian is it possible? What I'm asking is can you be baptized twice or is the one time you do it basically it?
Report Spam   Logged

You can't win until your not afraid to lose!

Kris

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 11:15:27 am »

Hi Kris!

Yes!  You can be baptised again!  As a child of 10 years old, I was baptized along with my sister who was 9 at the time.  Reflecting back on that time, I think I did it to please my mother, and not for the right reasons.  When my parents died in a car accident when I was in my early 20s, I turned from God, living a life that He would never be pleased with.  When I asked our precious Jesus Christ back into my life in 1994, I was baptised again.  This time for all the right reasons and with more understanding of what baptism is all about!  Hope this answers your question!

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:32:10 pm »

You only need to be baptized once, presuming you were saved then. Real baptism always takes place after salvation. Georgie has a wonderful testimony. She's only been baptized once on the right side of salvation. One question you need to ask yourself is did you turn away from God and come back to Him, or was this the first time you have really and genuinely placed your trust in Him? If you're not sure, err on the side of caution and take a swim, plunge on in, jump in the deep, get dunked, and just plain get wet.

In His service
Brian
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
whitewolf348

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:56:10 pm »

well its very possible than I may have to get baptized again for all the right reasons...like you Georgie, I think I was only doing it to please my mom...I will have to think on it.
Report Spam   Logged

You can't win until your not afraid to lose!

Kris
msleggs

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 09:51:30 am »

You can rededicate and turn your life directly over to Jesus and allow Him to be in total control of your life and start building your faith and trust in Him.  Once you were dunked (Baptized) you received your salvation.  When we astray from God after being baptized we must repent of our sins and rededicate our lives to Jesus to actually receive our salvation.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: