Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 19, 2024, 06:04:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

my husband has a question

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my husband has a question  (Read 265 times)
Tara5684

« on: July 21, 2009, 10:39:57 am »

My husband wants to know about how to pray. He wants to know if people should pray the Lords prayer every day and if that would be good enough? He says the Lord knows what is on our mind and heart so what is the use in saying any more than the Lords prayer. Tony has just started reading the Bible and has found that in Mathew Chaper 6 it states that it has the Lords prayer in it and He thinks that it is what he should be praying all the time. Tony understands that we shouldn't fall in ritual prayer. He is just lost at words to say about it.

Your Sister In Christ,
Tara
Report Spam   Logged

He alone is my rock and my savation, He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalms 62:2 NIV)
Tara Foster Smiley

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:18:42 pm »

Well, I have actually spoken on this subject earlier this year. He might find these helpful. But in the meanwhile, I STILL many times just say the Lord's prayer.

In His service,
Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGO3T1GLbTs&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJyGtJBVYyg&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XROeYtWMlQ&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkA6AFYoigc&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AC20WOF5lY&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWpQvz3yq0&feature=channel_page
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4IYjRPZ56s&feature=channel_page]
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 08:50:00 pm »

In addition:  In certain situations, learning to pray comes very quickly. When we are in trouble, the first thing we say is, “God, please help me.” Jesus taught His disciples by example, using the prayer that we now call “The Lord’s Prayer” (Matthew 6:9-13).This is the model for prayer that we use.

- We ask God for mercy and forgiveness for the things we have done that separate us from His holiness.
- We are taught to forgive others who have done things to distress us.
- We acknowledge that God provides everything that is necessary in our lives.
- We ask for protection from our enemies and from evil.
- We grow in faith as we see God’s hand in our lives.

The relationship with our Heavenly Father grows as we learn to trust in Him and rely upon His grace and mercy. God will never leave us or forsake us. He will never let us down, and He always wants what is best for us. I have found that my life has improved beyond comprehension since I asked the Lord into my life and began seeking Him in prayer. Prayer is a living breathing relationship with the Creator of the universe.

Prayer is a communication process that allows us to talk to God! He wants us to communicate with Him, like a person-to-person phone call.

What is Prayer? - What Does the Bible Say?
Pray for each other. Jesus set an example for us on what to pray. He prayed for His disciples and for every generation to come that would follow Him. His prayer was that God protect and strengthen them as long as they were in this world. Jesus also prayed for those who would come to believe in Him through the Gospel message (John 17).

Pray with faith. “So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him” (Hebrews 11:6).

Pray with worship and reverence. “Exalt the LORD our God! Bow low before his feet, for he is holy!” (Psalm 99:5). “‘Yes, Lord,’ the man said, ‘I believe!’ And he worshiped Jesus” (John 9:38).

You will know with confidence that God can hear you when you pray, so open that line of communication! Pray, knowing that no matter how far you roam, your connection with Him can never be lost!

“I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding” (Philippians 1:9).

love,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
itammy

God Bless You

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 11:56:30 pm »

Yes I agree that God knows our heart and mind anyway.  But He loves to spend time and talk with His children and He likes to hear us tell him what is on your mind and in your heart.  Just like you spending time with your children  God longs to spend time with us.
Report Spam   Logged

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength , they shall mount up on wings as eagles. Then shall run and not be weary,  they shall walk and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31
DaRvrnd
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:36:02 pm »

I placed a response here, but since I am married to a woman, I get to change it!  angel A woman has a right to change her mind...and my woman must have rubbed off on me! Hope she doesn't see this! Grin

I cannot believe the depth of the question asked, Tara. I'm going to preach a sermon on this and I'll let you know when it is finished. I am awed by our God; that He knows our hearts and holds us so dear to Himself. He is our Father and He loves us beyond measure. Prayer is simply talking to the One Who gave His Own life for us that we might be saved.

The answer is found in the variations of what we know as the "Lord's Prayer" in Matthew and Luke. As soon as the Lord gives me the complete thought, I'll post it here. The question is awesome...but God's answer will be life changing. I know it has been for me!

Blessings!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:00:36 pm by DaRvrnd » Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 06:26:11 am »

Being married to a woman doesn't give you a right to change your opinion; just the obligation to match hers on whatever it may be at that moment. crazy too funny
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 12:57:55 pm »

Good answers! Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr
Livin4Jesus805

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 10:46:48 am »

i do say the Lord's prayer daily when i get on my knees and pray but i also add other things in as i feel led by the spirit to pray about in those moments when i'm on my knees. prayer is one of the ways the holy spirit works within us to do as we grow in our faith in Jesus and it also keeps us in check with God to make sure our soul is right with him but God does know our heart and knows what we going to ask for before we ask for it. in reality, prayer is just simply sharing whats on your heart with God and its a process we learn as Christians over time. God does answer every prayer with yes no or wait but its part of the holy spirit's task to teach us to pray with the right motivates.
God bless you!
In Christ's Love,
Raul
Report Spam   Logged

msleggs

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:29:30 am »

When I pray I just start talking to God and letting him know what's on my mind even though he already knows it. It helps to get it off my chest and talk to someone who understands and can guide me in the right direction to take.  The Lord does answer our prayers but only in His time frame not ours.  He might be teaching us that He is in control, or teaching us in how to be patient with a circumstance/ or a person maybe a boss.  He may be teaching us to build our faith and trust in His word.  When a prrayer is delayed it is only God teaching us thru it.
I don't always start my prayers with the "Lord's prayer", I just start talking to a friend (Jesus), and soemtimes I write in a journal my prayers then go back and mark an "X" when a prayer is answered.
Hope this helps...
Laura
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: