Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 18, 2024, 03:46:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Try to answer

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Try to answer  (Read 145 times)
whitewolf348

« on: July 24, 2009, 08:33:21 pm »

If we are suspose to take Genesis how its written; than God made the world and everything in it in 7 days. 1 day is 24 hours long. Where did the dinosaur bones come from, since dinosaurs were suspose live on the earth before man?
Report Spam   Logged

You can't win until your not afraid to lose!

Kris

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DaRvrnd
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:32:14 pm »

This seems pretty simple: dinosaurs did not live on earth before man. This is the idea of men who do not believe in God.

The real question is: what has become, or is going to become, of those men? Try to answer that one....
Report Spam   Logged
Tara5684

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:47:38 am »

My Husbands Bible had an article on this topic. Here is what it says: It is probable that the 6th day is when God made them. The Bible doesn't specifically mention Dinousaurs though it may refer to them using such terms such as monster (Psalms 74:13), dragon (Rev. 12:3), or behemoth (Job 40:15-19).....They probably did not have the term dinosaur back in those days just whatever came to their mind is what they called them. When they seen something of that size that was that big i'd be scared too.
Report Spam   Logged

He alone is my rock and my savation, He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalms 62:2 NIV)
Tara Foster Smiley
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 06:24:05 am »

Actually, God did it in 6 days. Dinosaurs did live on earth before man, but only by a few hours at best. As to what happened to them and how did their bones end up where they did, that is also dealt with. Like everything save a handful of animals, they drowned. As to the specifics of how the flood worked, and to additional evidence of the flood as described in Genesis (it wasn't just a big rainstorm), may I suggest looking up information on hydroplate theory. There is also a bunch of decent information available at www.drdino.com. If you want more information, I will be happy to help. It was this subject that God used to bring me to Him.
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 07:08:17 am »

According to the Bible, mammals (dinosaurs) were created on the 6th day!

In the beginning there was no earth or sky or sea or animals.  And then God spoke in the darkness:  “Let there be light!”  And right away there was light, scattering the darkness and showing the infinite space.  “That’s good!” said God.  “From now on, when it’s dark it will be ‘night” and when it’s light, it will be ‘day’.”

The evening came and the night passed and then the light returned.  That was the first day.

On the second day, God made the earth and over it He carefully hung a vast blue sky.  He stood back and admired His creation.  “That’s good too!” said God and the second day was over.

The next morning God looked around and thought, “the earth needs to be a bit more organized.”  So, He put all the water in one place and all the dry land in another.  When He had finished that, God made plants to cover the land.  Dandelions and daffodils appeared.  All sorts of trees and grasses began to grow.  “It’s looking great”, said God and that was the end of the third day.

On the fourth day, God looked around and though, “the daylight still needs a bit more work and the night is just too dark.”  So, He made the sun to light the sky during the day and the moon and stars to add a bit of sparkle to the night.  He hung them in the sky and stepped back to look at his work.  “This is coming along very well,”  said God. 

The next day, God turned his attention to the water he had collected in the oceans.  “I want these waters teeming with life!”  As soon as He said it, it was so.  In no time, there were millions of small fish darting through the shallow water and huge fish swimming in the ocean.  God made birds, too.  He sent them soaring through the air.  “Ahh, that IS good!, “said God.  The dusk fell over the water and the sky grew dark and that was the end of the fifth day.

On the sixth day, God added creatures to the land.  He made lions and tigers and bears.  He made rabbits and sheep and cows.  He added everything from ants to zebras to the land.  But He still felt something was missing.  So God added Mankind to enjoy and take care of all that He had created.  God looked around and was happy with all He had made.

After six days, the whole universe was completed.  On the seventh day God had a nice long rest and enjoyed looking at all He had made.
(taken from a child's book on the creation)
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
pauline1028

GIVE A HUG~GET A HUG

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 08:04:12 am »

THANK YOU GEORGIE AND MR B.
I AGREE WITH WHAT YOU BOTH WROTE!  SORRY ALLEN I DISAGREE WITH YOU.
I ALWAYS ASK WHERE IS IT WRITTEN!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Love your Sister in Christ
Pauline  <>< <>< <><
howellh7

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 08:35:35 am »

i agree with georgie, and as for these bones GOD let man find them so they may know that he is GOD alone and the creator, but he hid the ark from them,may the Lord keep us on fire for more of his knowledge. Smiley   BTW my name is dean a servant of our Lord and Savior
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:42:16 am by howellh7 » Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 10:08:57 am »

Welcome Dean! Good to see you found the boards!
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
DaRvrnd
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 11:01:00 am »

Not so sure it is really all that important to me who agrees with me; so there is no need to apologize...but thank you!

Anyway, wolf's question is one concerning the age of the earth and the account of creation in light of "the evidence" of dinosaurs, e.g. what men say about the age of dinosaur bones goes against the Word of God. I'm pretty sure the question was not one concerning "hours." In fact, I know it wasn't. Grin

In this, dinosaurs did not live on earth before man. Not sure why this is so debatable. Could very large animals have been created the same day as man? Why not? Were they "dinosaurs" like men say? Probably not. Was anything here 250 million years ago? No. How do I know? Because the Word of God says the earth is about 8,000 years old and I'm not one to call God a liar. Blessings!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:34:13 am by DaRvrnd » Report Spam   Logged
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 06:55:30 pm »

Thanks for the info.
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: