Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 05:23:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

millions of years vs 8000years??

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: millions of years vs 8000years??  (Read 316 times)
whitewolf348

« on: July 27, 2009, 05:38:55 pm »

"Because the Word of God says the earth is about 8,000 years old and I'm not one to call God a liar. Blessings!" DaRvrnd

If the earth is only 8000 years old, then why do scientists say things are millions of years old?
Report Spam   Logged

You can't win until your not afraid to lose!

Kris

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DaRvrnd
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:28:10 pm »

For the same reason they say you were not created in the image of God by His Own Hand: they do not believe. Blessings!
Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:05:49 pm »

I think the better question isn't "Why do scientists" but "Why do some scientists". Scientists aren't necessarialy coming to God, but evolution is being abandoned in large numbers, especially as the field of microbiology advances. I love watching the Discovery channel, as well as other like stations, and am amazed how close they can come to the truth without acknowledging it. General agreement is occuring that the mass extinction caused "millions of years ago" was the result of a mass drowning due to a catastrophic global hydrogeologic event. Most dating methods place it only thousands of years ago, especially study of uranium radiometric dating. Now, you're going to love this. Do a little research. Ask how they date the fossils they find. You'll find out that they date them from they layer they find them in. Then research how they determine the age of the rock layer. You'll find it is from the age of the fossils they find. The entire old age theory is based upon a logical error, and a particularly extreme error in this case.

Here's a spot to go. Click to this page, and check out Seminar 4; "Lies in the Textbooks". You can toggle it to full screen.
http://www.drdino.com/media-categories.php?c=seminars&v=10

Hope this helps,
Brian
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
DaRvrnd
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:33:11 pm »

hmmm...what he said... angel

Too, we can date the earth via the genealogies as found in the Word of God.

As for now, I'm going to watch the Discovery Channel! lol
Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 06:10:00 am »

Just a quick side note. Don't look at the 8,000 too closely. Just say the earth is somewhere between 6-10,000 years old. This is still a tighter range than the approximately 500,000,000 years between old earth "scientists" whacko guesses.
Report Spam   Logged

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 08:03:59 am »

There is a reference to God seeing a thousand years as a day: 2 Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
DaRvrnd
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 09:35:00 am »

Genesis 1:5
God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."

Genesis 1:8
God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day."

Wink And so on and so forth...
Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 09:44:12 am »

Actually, the Hebrew word used for day in Genesis 1 isn't used in any form other than a standard 24 hour day. Peter, in this case, wasn't trying to speak about Genesis, but about the Lord's patience and timing.
Report Spam   Logged

DaRvrnd
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 10:20:36 am »

Actually, the Hebrew word used for day in Genesis 1 isn't used in any form other than a standard 24 hour day. Peter, in this case, wasn't trying to speak about Genesis, but about the Lord's patience and timing.

Got that, Canuck!?!  watchit  grrr
Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 11:27:04 am »

Got that, Canuck!?!  watchit  grrr

Careful. Got the meekness and gentleness patrol roaming.

watchit duh watchit crazy watchit  smitten watchit
too funny
Don't pick on her just because she's blond... errr.... or Canadien... err... You're on your own, Georgie too funny too funny too funny
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:31:43 am by kje123 » Report Spam   Logged

Char4Jesus

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 12:40:24 pm »

Georgie,  I'd offer to help, but I think you can handle these two "children" by yourself   watchit   watchit

too funny   too funny

angel

Charlene

ps,  as a kid I would have to stand in the corner if I picked on others.  Any corners around here?
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you
DaRvrnd
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 01:59:47 pm »

But I don't want to stand in the corner!!!  Cry Brian started it!!! grrr
Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 02:48:36 pm »

I'm as innocent as the day I was born. angel (Kinda confirms that bit about original sin, doesn't it?)
Report Spam   Logged

Kmcnfl
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 04:11:56 pm »

Ok I think Brian and Allen either need a time out, or their own message board! LOL Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DaRvrnd
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 04:32:16 pm »

hmmm...our own message board, ah....? We'd have to think of a name...

GOT IT!

Allen's Message Board

That does have a certain ring to it, doesn't it?  Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 11:19:47 pm »

I agree with you Michelle!  These guys need a time out alright!!   watchit

Forever!!  Angry

Report Spam   Logged

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 11:21:12 pm »

Allen and Brian with their own message board?  Hmmm...and the theme would be?  Ahhhhh yes!  How to be nice!   angel
Report Spam   Logged

maathoth
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 05:37:32 am »

From and indepth Bible Study I had years ago, the earth is in the 7000 years some where. In the last day of the week, 1000 years being a day, in counting with God. Most churches agree on this count.
It is the creation theory that agrees with this count. The evolutionary theory is absurd really. Just because someone said that if you put this old artifact in a chamber, and radiation hits it, a number appears, and that is how old the object is; doesn't mean it is so. Kinda far out there really, if you think about it. The number that is given from carbon dating, sometimes falls in the negative numbers too. Does this mean that the object doesn't exist yet? LOL The only carbon dating numbers you hear about on the television are the ones that come out and make some sense. You never hear about the negative numbers.
Hope this helps, as I can see you are searching, and I pray the Great God of creation, and His Son Jesus, Blesses you special, to fill you with His perfect light, so all doubt will be removed. God Bless you in your quest for truth Whitewolf.

Barbara
Report Spam   Logged
DaRvrnd
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 07:13:01 am »

I can't believe I allowed myself to be influenced by Brian's naughty behavior! Undecided I used to be so sweet! Roll Eyes hehehe!

About carbon dating: I agree, obviously it is bogus.

Blessings!
Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 03:04:27 pm »

Watch the link, and you'll get an idea of why carbon dating doesn't work so well. Primarialy, THEY DON'T DO IT!
Report Spam   Logged

whitewolf348

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 03:40:29 pm »

so is there a shorter answer?
Report Spam   Logged

You can't win until your not afraid to lose!

Kris
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 04:57:59 pm »

Well, the short answer is I can tell you that in my efforts to disprove the Bible back in the 90's, my study into the scientific evidence leads me to believe that the earth is between 6-10,000 years old. Anything longer, and you can do the research. Missed your posts, Kris. How are the neighbors behaving?
Report Spam   Logged

Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 06:50:26 pm »

Thanks and good answers. cool
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: