Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 18, 2024, 11:26:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

i have a question

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i have a question  (Read 218 times)
birdiewoman1958

« on: October 12, 2009, 10:04:53 pm »

i have a christian friend that loves the lord. but at times is very sick and takes lots of medicines and is afraid to sleep yet is a person that loves the lord  a christian, can this be so in his will?HuhHuh??
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kmcnfl
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 04:22:47 am »

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58

When we belong to the Lord, satan will try to bog us down, to make life difficult so we get discouraged. We have to hold tight to Jesus, and try to look past our trials. Because one day we will be with Him forever! There will be no more pain and suffering! Thank You Jesus!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Report Spam   Logged
lillibet53

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:58:05 am »

I remember hearing about  a girl at Pioneer Ranch Camp. She was blind, the first and as far as I know still the only, blind camper ever to come there. (She was there some years before but the staff still remembered her well, for reasons that will become apparent momentarily. The staff had worried about whether to allow her to come--safety reasons; would they be able to keep her safe? They sought the Lord's counsel and to camp Jeannie came.

In a cabin group Bible study one day, the question of the moment was "what are we most thankful for to God?" Jeannie stunned them all with her answer. "I am grateful for my blindness."..."WHHHHATTT?"-- "Because when I arrive in Heaven, the very first thing I will ever see will be Jesus' face."

Jeannie had also written a "new verse" to the well known "How Great Thou Art" that we always sang as the second last verse, at chapel and campfire:

"You know my heart; you know the thoughts I'm thinking;
The joys and trials I daily must go through.
So when I'm up, or when I'm slowly sinking--
No matter when, I'll always trust in YOU."

That girl, with all she'd been through--she was born blind and had been rejected by her parents because of it--had a depth of faith I deeply admired and still do all these decades later.

Romans 8:28, "We know that in all things God works for good to them whom he has called according to His purpose."
Report Spam   Logged
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:20:00 am »

Hi Tina!

Both Michelle and Liz have given you great answers here!  As Christians, Satan will and does attack us especially through our weaknesses, but that doesn't mean we aren't a Christian anymore!  Your friend sounds like she is having a tough time.  Please let her know that all she needs to do is to rest in Jesus, and ask Him to help her sleep. 

Liz.....I got goosebumps reading Jeannie's response to the question about what she is thankful for!  What a testimony!  Thanks for sharing that with us!
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 05:01:21 pm »

Good solid answers. I would also say, if you aren't under attack in some manner, our enemy probably doesn't see you as a threat. Living Christlike will put you under fire; the trick is finding joy in the flames.
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 04:30:05 pm »

Great answers everyone!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr
blessed64player

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:12:47 pm »

Don't ever let somebody convince you that you can't or "never will"because when you're ready to believe in God and in yourself.There is nothing that you can't do  . It's time for you to KNOW that God is able to do the impossible for you,to you,and through you! So many people spend their lives trying to become what they already are...but Jesus has already done the work on the cross! You don't have to re-create His work. you've just got to accept His work.Redemption made you strong accept it! God has made you more than conquer--accept it! He has loved you and given you the ability to love others--accept it!
Report Spam   Logged
msleggs

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 09:42:14 am »

I have many problems myself where I take medications for it.  The way I see things as a "Christian" is this:  What ever illnesses God allows me to have, I don't allow satan to bring me down over them.  What Christ Jesus did for me on the cross, took those stripes to wash away my sins and to give me life, my pains, illnesses are nothing compared to what Jesus did for me!!  I use my illnesses to show my faith in God to others.  I show them that this to shall come to pass the day I meet Jesus in the heavens, that my body will be whole again without any arthritis, weak organs, diabetes, without any sickness we may have on earth.  My illnesses just strengthen my faith in God because I know He is in control, and when the time is my time to be with Him then there shall be no more....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: