Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 20, 2024, 12:43:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Sacrifice then watch

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacrifice then watch  (Read 93 times)
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« on: October 13, 2009, 10:41:05 pm »

O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you  and watch. Psalm  5:3

In King David’s time, the Hebrews still offered animal and grain sacrifices to God. The book of Leviticus goes into great depth what they were to sacrifice, how and when.  There were sacrifices for thanksgiving, for atonement of sins, even a goat sacrifice for the wrongdoings of a whole village. They would send all of their ” sins” out on a goat - which is where we get the term scapegoat.

As Christians, we know that Jesus sacrificed Himself on the cross for our sins, and poured out his blood as an atonement for all who confess.  Once and for all. Our price was paid. So God doesn’t require sacrifices anymore, right?

Wrong.  He asks us to sacrifice our time for His service. To give at least a tithe of ten percent of our earnings in recognition that all comes from Him.  But more than that, He demands we sacrifice our old ways so we can take on a new life in Christ. We lay upon the altar selfishness, greed, pride, idolatry, and hate.

I don’t know about you, but there is still a great deal of flesh that clings to this spiritual body of mine.  This Psalm verse reminds me that in order to start my day off right, I need to lay it on the altar each morning- first thing.  Then at the end of the day, do it again. Sandwich my day in prayer,  giving it to Him who knows best.  Yielding my will to His- again – because I still live in this world and it can still taint me if I am not careful.

Other Bible translations say” direct my prayer” instead of “prepare a sacrifice” for this verse. Prayer is a worthy sacrifice of our time, our will and our thoughts.

Have you sacrificed to God today? Have you laid your sins, anxieties, negative thoughts and wrong attitudes on the altar of your heart and ask Jesus’ blood to cover them? If not, may I suggest you do so now. Then like the Psalmist – watch.  See how your day changes, how you feel His presence with you, how your attitude alters for the better.
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kmcnfl
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:12:33 am »

Here I am to worship!

Report Spam   Logged
lillibet53

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 03:02:43 pm »

So true Georgie!

There is a lovely (older) evening hymn I love. I wish my church had more evening services so we could use it more often in fact.

"The day Thou gavest, Lord, is ended;
The darkness falls at Thy behest.
To Thee our morning hymns ascended;
Now prayer shall sanctify our rest.

We thank Thee that Thy church, unsleeping,
As Earth rolls onward into light,
Through all the world  her watch is keeping,
And rests not now by day or night..

The sun that bids us rest is waking
Our brothers 'neath the Eastern sky;
And hour by hour fresh lips are making
Thy wondrous doings heard on high.

So be it Lord! Thy throne shall never
Like Earth's proud empires pass away.
Thy Kingdom stands, and grows forever,
Till all Thy creatures own Thy sway."
Report Spam   Logged
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:09:22 pm »

Amen Ladies!!   smitten

Both wonderful songs!  I could listen and sing to these songs all day long!  Michelle...I want to stand and hold my hands high when I sing that song!

Liz, I didn't recognize the hymn so looked it up on good ole You Tube!  Closing my eyes...the words washing over me....beautiful! 

Here it is for others who've never heard it before:

Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 04:07:29 pm »

It was great!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: