Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 18, 2024, 05:58:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Oral Roberts

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oral Roberts  (Read 142 times)
kje123
Global Moderator

« on: December 16, 2009, 08:58:17 am »

I feel the need to touch on this, before people really start tearing things apart. As I'm sure most of you know by now, Oral Roberts passed away yesterday. He was a pioneer of television based evangelism. He started by preaching the gospel, but over time became one of the chief proponents of the gospel of prosperity, which is an antibiblical view. Then there was the time he locked himself in his tower, calling for people to give or the Lord would take him away. I don't pretend to know whether or not he was saved, or just in it for his own purposes, but I can say this; through his ministry people did come to know Christ, and people were pointed to read the Bible. Whether this was because of his ministry or in spite of it I cannot even venture to guess upon.

What I am asking each of us to do is neither praise nor vilify the man, but just to remember that ultimately, it is not what any man (including myself) teaches, but what God says that matters. Oral decided his own fate, as we each do. We choose either to accept Christ or to deny Him. When we go to church, it is not to follow our pastor, but to follow God. (Of course we aim to choose a pastor that's following God.) Our eternity does not lie in the hands of any man, but in the hands of the Almighty. We ae all heading to an eternity, that once we pass from this world, will be set in stone forever. Wherever Oral is, that is where he will be for all eternity. Our responsibility is to make sure our eternal destination is secure, then to go out and help others secure their place in heaven, and to get them sharing the Good News as well.

In His service,
Brian
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DaRvrnd
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:07:08 pm »

“Why, yes, there is a hell. And, yes, Jesus did say that only a few will not end up there. Are false teachers and false prophets among those that go there? Please, don’t ask me that. Some weather we‘re having.” lol
Report Spam   Logged
kje123
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 06:39:27 pm »

Oh we're free to discuss the theologies he discussed in his life, but not all on the net have been quite so respectful to the dead. And no Allen, you are not the one I'm talking about. police I have seen some heavy, hateful discussion where there is spiteful namecalling on this issue, and I am just trying to nip it before it even becomes a bud. Our focus has been, and will continue to be on God's Word. The fact that there is such, for lack of a better word, fights occurring elsewhere over this is an indication that it is a good vs. evil discussion. And I agree; some weather we're having alright.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"When all else fails, read the instructions" 2 Timothy 3:16
lillibet53

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 07:32:58 am »

I agree. Whatever his fate, wherever he is now, he made choices that put him there. But his ultimate fate is not for us to judge.
Report Spam   Logged
DaRvrnd
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:41:57 pm »

By all means, let's pretend the Bible isn't clear that false teachers go to hell...better yet, let's pretend there is no hell at all!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: