Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 06:51:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Unreasonable Requests

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unreasonable Requests  (Read 83 times)
lillibet53

« on: January 27, 2010, 07:48:43 am »

Unreasonable Requests

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, 'Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.'  Simon answered, 'Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything.  But because you say so, I will let down the nets.'  When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.
                                                         -- Luke 5:4-6
Think of the most unpleasant routine task you have to face.  Attending one more meeting?  Washing dishes?  Whatever it is, it's probably made more unpleasant by the thought that you have to do it every day.  Now, think of the most humiliating moment. An important check bouncing? A wet sneeze and no Kleenex?   Lastly, think of the most unreasonable request ever required of you. Your boss asking you to work overtime on your anniversary?  Now pull all these moments together - the unpleasant routine done in humiliation fueled by the resentment of an unreasonable demand.  You'd want to throw in the towel, right?

It happened to Peter.  Every morning, after fishing all night, Peter and his partners faced the boring job of cleaning their nets of weeds and disgusting unkosher shellfish.  On this particular morning, the net profit was zero.  Then, a landlubber carpenter tries to tell Peter a thing or two about fishing.  Peter wants to balk but sighs, "Because you say so, I'll do it."  No sooner does the net burst with fish than Peter forgets the unreasonableness of the demand.

The Lord can ask you to do something at the worst times - days when routines slump your shoulders and you're tired or resentful.  God seems to be presuming far too much upon you.  Today, stand in Peter's shoes.  Shelve the humiliation and resentment and reply, "Because you say so, Lord, I'll do it."  You'll discover the Lord's request was more, much more than reasonable... and your nets will burst.

I don't want to balk at your demands on my time and attention, Lord.  Just tell me what you want, and I'll do it.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

Taken from More Precious Than Silver.  Copyright © 1998 by Joni Eareckson Tada.  Used by permission.  Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49530
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jesusinmemsb
SERVING MY KING DAILY

Jesus Is Lord Of My Life!

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:08:56 am »

Yes Amen sis, May I just add from my own experence Most the time when God has ask me to do something was when I felt like doing it the least. He will all ways give us what strength we need and provide what ever we need to do His will Amen? Obeadence is better then sacrafice! After all God knows the future and all ways He is looking out for us! We dont need to undrstand Gods reasoning, Just be like Nike and Peter, Just do it!!! Great post!

Love and Prayers Markers. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Mark S Baker.:0)
lillibet53

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 10:12:39 am »

so true brother! In my experience as well.
Report Spam   Logged
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:35:24 am »

Amen you to.
Just last Dec i had to work Sat even on my Birthday.
Well,i got up set,then i remember twqo things..I have to be obedient to our Athority,when the Job needs to be done,and two i have to trust the Lord in what he is doing.,
Prov.3:5 saids trust in the Lord with all of our hearts,and lean not onto our own understyanding,in all our ways,aknpowledge him and he will make your Path strait!
That was in my head...You see in Phill.2:14 do all things with out murming and complaining.and i sure was..But God sure got to get me to shut my mouth Quick. angel
So great Message Dianne
Brother in Christ,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:46:48 pm »

Thanks for sharing and is so true.
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: