Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 19, 2024, 01:30:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Fanning the Flames of Faith

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fanning the Flames of Faith  (Read 74 times)
lillibet53

« on: February 02, 2010, 07:52:11 am »

Nothing dampens the fires of enthusiasm more than discouragement. When you're discouraged, the glow of excitement for the Lord dims, like embers of a dying fire. That's the time to "fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you."

For years Mrs. Hanover prayed for her husband's salvation. Then, one day, he was killed in an automobile accident. She lost her husband -- not only to this earth but for all eternity. Discouraged, she stopped living for the Lord.

Five years later she met Roger Sims, who told her an amazing story. Roger said he had been hitchhiking when Mr. Hanover picked him up. During the course of their ride, Roger witnessed to Mr. Hanover. Well, he was so convicted that he pulled his car over on the side of the road and prayed. Roger explained that eventually Mr. Hanover dropped him off. Mrs Hanover was wide-eyed. It was later on that very day the fateful accident happened.

While Mrs. Hanover felt immense surprise and joy, she also cried tears of regret for having given up in discouragement. From that point on, she fanned the dying embers of her faith, until her confidence in God was restored.

We Christians often give over to discouragement with hardly a fight. We let doubts gain a toehold, and before you know it, they have a foothold, then a hand-hold. Then we chuck it all.

Each of us faces disheartening circumstances. But no matter what happens, keep trusting, keep obeying. Discouragement is like a dark tunnel. The only thing that will brighten your path is to fan the flames of your faith until it's a fire. Obedience then will light your way out the other side.

Our Father, give me perseverance in the face of disappointment. Enable me to keep on keeping on.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 10:50:30 am »

We never know how God is working through our prayers as is shown in this remarkable story!  God answered prayer, and allowed a stranger to pass on the good news! 

Perfect advice in this sentence: "The only thing that will brighten your path is to fan the flames of your faith until it's a fire. Obedience then will light your way out the other side."  Discouragement can lead us away from God or we can use it to bring ourselves closer to Him!  Amen!

Thanks Liz for posting this!  I did exactly as Mrs. Hanover in this story when my parents were killed in a car accident when I was 24.  It was later I learned that because of my mother's witness to her brothers, one of them, and now his entire family, grandchildren and great-grandchildren know the Lord!  AND they gave their lives to God 'after' her death!  We may not always understand God's ways, but His plan, no matter what, is always for the best!  Praise Him!  He never leaves us, and is always waiting for us through all discouragements and trials that come our way!

Go to Him!  He will ease your burdens!!
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »

Thanks for the post!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr
pat11461

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:42:41 am »

Thanks for the message!
Report Spam   Logged

Patricia L. Pyle.

Pages: 1   Go Up