Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 19, 2024, 01:18:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

New Contest

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Contest  (Read 188 times)
Char4Jesus

« on: April 13, 2012, 08:44:02 am »

Hi all,

Marty and I are going to do a contest.

The prize will be a hand-made frame and poem of the winner's choice.  You can choose from the CIP main page, on the right hand side named "Special! Poems by Marty and Charlene".

The contest will be an essay.  The question is "What does God say to do in times of trouble and how do you apply it to your life."  The answer needs to be between 150 and 300 words.

We will choose a winner on May 1st.  After the winner picks a poem it will take us a couple of weeks to make the frame and get it into the mail.

Good luck to all

Marty and Char
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TGreen1003
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:11:07 pm »

Sounds like a great idea Char & Marty. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 06:51:04 pm »

What does God say to do in times of trouble and how do you apply it to your life."  The answer needs to be between 150 and 300 words.

God says that we are to be steadfast in the Lord and trust in Him.   He will never leave you nor forsake you.   He wants us to lean on him and cast our cares upon Him.  He will take care of us and also we need to see that maybe our times are troubles are a test of our faith.   God often tests our faith and lets situation come to see where we are in our faith and character (Gen 12:10).   We need to look at our trouble times as an opportunity to grow in our faith in the Lord (Gen. 35:10).  We can take a look at our troubles and see them through and there maybe an opportunity to help someone else in the same situation.   This is helping us help each other and building our faith together.   Often times we question why we need to go through such troubles but we are not know to or really understand them at the time.  God will reveal to us in the right time for why we need to go through situations in our lives.   When we rely on God fully in every situation that comes our way, we can grow in our faith and learn to put God first in our lives.   When I am in a situation and it seems to much for me,  I need to realize that God does not give us more than we can bear.   For instance,  Job, he went  through such suffering and pain, and yet it keep his faith in the Lord. He had friends who encouraged him to give up and yet Job didn't give up on the Lord and through the rough situations that he endured.  Job should be a good example for us in times of troubles.   Also,  Jesus went through such troubles while he was on earth.  He did nothing wrong and yet He was mocked, beaten, flogged and then crucified on the cross.  I am sure that he could have wondered at times why, but he did exactly what His Father told him to do and kept his faith in the Lord.   Often times when we are in the mist of our  troubles, we have many temptations that could lead us to backsliding or leaving the Lord.  But if we endure until the end God will see us all through.  There is no situation that God can't help us through if we just give our troubles to Him.  For God will surely see us through if we just stand on the Word of God.   
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
TGreen1003
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 06:29:09 am »

We are told to pray without ceasing. Some people say that is impossible but it isn't if you pray with your spirit while you are doing your daily routine. When I realized that I was the longest-tenured CIP Administrator active because of health & other issues, I prayed that God would raise up some help for me, not knowing that Deb (zooberkat) was already working as an Administrator. I also am still praying that God will show us how to get the funds to keep this site active. I think I know what He wants us to do but I can't say until I check with Deb. After commiting my life to serving our Lord through Ministry/Missions I never stopped praying that He would honor that commitment & my prayers & He did when I joined the Leadership Team of CIP. I also prayed, years ago, that He would give me wisdom about a personal issue at church & He answered my prayer by removing the situation.
Report Spam   Logged
Char4Jesus

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:12:37 pm »

Both entries are very good and this was a hard decision.  After we talked about the entries and prayed about them, we have come up with a winner.

Congratulations Tom with your entry.  After you pick out a poem and let us know which one you want we can make the frame for it and send it out to you.  Please let me know private message for your address.  The poem you can announce in here or private message, whichever you prefer.

Thank you both for your entries.  Reading the responses will help us in our walk with the Lord.

God Bless you all

Char and Marty
Report Spam   Logged

TGreen1003
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 04:28:32 pm »

Char & Marty,
 Thanks for choosing my essay. If I could I'd request that, instead of the framed poem, you donate the cost to CIP to help pay for the maintenance of this site. Or maybe sell the framed poem & donate that to CIP.
     In HIS Love,
           Tom
Report Spam   Logged
Char4Jesus

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:51:15 pm »

Sounds good Tom.  We'll make a donation on the 3rd.  Not sure how much it will be but we'll be praying on it.  The cost of the frame isn't much.  The postage to mail it is more expensive.  I think that you are doing a wonderful job at CIP.  We are very lucky to have you in administration.

Char
Report Spam   Logged

TGreen1003
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 09:15:53 pm »

Thanks Char but I feel that I'm blessed to be doing His work.
Report Spam   Logged
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »

Congratulations Tom   smitten    You are such a winner.      What a great suggestion Tom.  Thank you Charlene for your contest.   Now I must go and find that Charlene girl as I hear she maybe getting into some trouble and I need to rescue her.   Oops did  I type   that out loud again.   Naughty fingers.    watchit

Love you guys.    smitten

Sister in Christ (Buf) Jackieeeeeeeeeeeeee   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: