Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 29, 2024, 06:57:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Keys For Sharing Your Testimony

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keys For Sharing Your Testimony  (Read 138 times)
tervana1

« on: November 13, 2008, 11:43:23 am »

3 KEYS FOR SHARING YOUR TESTIMONY

1. Your 'before' Christ story - Suggested starting idea:

"I was never looking for God. In fact, I was running the other way. I didn't want to have much to do with God and spiritual things. God kept bugging me. He pursued me. One day I realized I needed God. It wasn't a religion I joined. It was a relationship with God through his Son Jesus Christ. He's turned my life around. I have a new start. It's the best thing that ever happened to me.

Examples:

A. Tell about some addiction you overcame
B. Tell about a bad marriage relationship
C. You were a depressed, angry person
D. You had run-ins with the law
E. You had a broken heart and life from an abusive home life
F. Your life had no meaning or purpose
G. You couldn't overcome some sin, addiction or bad habit in your life
H. You were afraid of what happens after you die
I. You face a desperate, hopeless situation
J. You attended church, but got nothing out of it, had no relationship with God

Whatever your story... make it your personal story, from your heart, be transparent, don't worry about being a great orator. You're communicating a message with many people just like you who don't know Christ!

2. The 'turning point' in your life:

A. What happened in your life and heart to show you Jesus was the answer for what you needed or were looking for

B. What brought you to a place where you realized and admitted you needed Christ

3. Your 'after' Christ story:

This is your praise report for your life today. Tell how your relationship with Jesus Christ has changed your life, your thinking, behavior etc.

Examples - You may tell that only with the help of Christ:

A. How your marriage was restored
B. How you were rescued from anger, bad temper, worry, fear, bitterness etc.
C. How you were healed from a terminal disease
D. How you were delivered from drug, alcohol, tranquilizer, prescription drug problem
E. How you once lived a wicked, reckless past, now you have a new start, new life and attitude
F. How you overcame some obstacle in your life
G. How you don't fear death, the grave, the unknown, you know for sure you're going to heaven
H. How you don't live a life full of uncertainty and insecurity
I. Maybe you had a good, trouble free life, then tell how the grace of God kept you from living a wicked, sin-filled, bad, evil life, kept you from drug and alcohol use, kept your marriage together, etc. Being a Christian your
whole life was the best thing that ever happened to you

After you give your testimony you could say: "If Jesus could do this for me, I know He can do the same
for you.

REMEMBER: The lost person doesn't understand the Gospel. They may have heard Bible talk, but they don't understand 'churchy' or 'Christianeze' words like: 'sin', 'repent', 'blood', 'saved', 'lost', 'cross' etc., so you may need to briefly explain them. Try to make what you say culturally relevant, paint word pictures when possible, speak using simple terms your audience can understand and relate to. When possible, shoot for their heart!
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: