Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
April 18, 2024, 11:52:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

renewed faith saved my life....

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: renewed faith saved my life....  (Read 275 times)
cometsweep32
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:46:05 pm »

Hello,

My name is Christie and I have been a member of CIP for a few months.  I am here to tell you my story of how God saved my life from a bitter end and disaster.  To start I want to tell you that I have bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder.  I was a self-mutilator and tried to kill myself about nine times.  This disorder started to show in my late teens.  I was 19 when I made my first attempt to end my life.  I tried overdosing on sleeping pills.  When I became pregnant with my first child I started to show more symptoms of the BPD and bipolar disorder.  I had post-partum psychosis and did not know it, I tried to kill myself by taking 50 extra strength Tylenol at 500 mgs per pill.  I was having trouble coping with my baby crying all night and day, she had colic.  This next part is so hard for me to tell you for I fear judgement will fall on me from everyone.  I tried to suffocate my baby to make the crying stop.  I was delerious and not well at the time.  I ended up in the intensive care unit after I took the Tylenol.  I was vomiting every 15 minute and I could not walk to the toilet, I had to crawl.  I was severely dehydrated and out of it.  I was taken to the ER and it wasn't looking good for me to survive the suicide attempt.  My kidneys and liver became toxic.  However, by the grace of God I was saved from death.  My story doesn't end here.  Approximately 19 months after I had my first dauther I gave birth to my second daughter.  I was exhibiting the same symptoms of post partum depression that I had after my first delivery.  I had urges to kill myself and I tried it.  I became delerious and had the feeling to want to hurt my newborn baby.  There is something so horrendous that I was doing to my first child before I became pregnant with the second child.  This is so horrible and I am still paying for this, but here goes. I was spanking my daughter all of the time and I was leaving very bad bruises on her.  There are some other horrifying instances that involved her that I just can't mention them.  All I can say about that is that I was extremely physically abusive towards her.  After I deliverd my second child, I was hung down heavy with guilt for what I had done to my first baby, I called childline and turned myself in.  Children services was contacted and so wan a child abuse investigator.  I told this investigator everthing I had done and he didn't believe me because no one witnessed the abuse of my daughter, his exact words were,"are you sure you are telling the truth, or are you just seeking attention."  I was apalled at him for thinking that I was that cynical.  God had brought me to wanting to confess to the authorties of my crime so that I might face my punishment.  i had prayed to God about what to do and he lead me to that decision.  I was never charged with or arraigned.  The DA threw out the charges due to lack of evidence.  I was ready to go to prison or face whatever punishment that the Lord saw fit.  My parents became ashamed of me for all I done since the birth of my fisrt child.  My husband at the time was lost and didn't know what to do. 
As the years went on I left my husband and moved out of the house.  However, before we divorced, I attemtped suicide once again.  This is absolutley awful, but once again I am going to tell of you what I did.  I ran my car into a church that was behind my house at 55 mph.  I smashed into the side of the church head on.  I totaled my car and I came out of without a scratch.  I only had a slight concussion and whiplash.  I couldn't believe that the Lord let me survive that one since I crahsed into a house of the Lord.  I was comitted to a state institution for six months.  I was very heavily doped on medication most of my time there.  I became severely depressed and did not want to live another day.  This lead to my divorce.  My ex-husband could not take anymore and I was not allowed to go near my daughters.  I eventually got discharged from the state hospital and was put into group therapy everyday for eight hours.  I was put on probation for the church incident and was made to pay fines and restitution.  I was on probation for five years and had supervised visits with my children.  Things started looking up for me for a while and then my depression started up again.  I became angry at others, myself, and God.  I was pathetic and feeling sorry for myself.  I was wondering why God kept plauging me with depression.  I then began to cut myself, and I became reckless with compulsive inappropriate behaviors.  I started making friends in the city.  They inrtoduced me to drugs and alcohol.  I partied all the time.  I was living off of SSI and blew all of my money on booze and pot.  I had several bad relationships.  I stopped seeing my children.  I was in a physically abusive relationship with a man that constantly held a knife at my throat and cut my hair with it while I was asleep.  I was on meds for the depression but I let them run out and just stopped taking them altogether.  I became very sick from withdrawl.  I couldn't eat anything without it coming back up.  I could only eat crackers and drink hot tea every once in a while.  I was overweight at this point but I lost over 100 pounds in a total of 6 months due to lack of nutrition and starvation.  My body fed off of my own fat cells.  I didn't have money for food and what I did have was spent on booze and drugs.  I neglected to pay my bills and my rent.  My utilities were shut off and I had to move out.  I became homeless and was traveling from one room to another.  I started renting a room in the worst part of the city.  I lived in a filthy room that was very small, it had a bed, tv, and a microwave and a small fridge. There were roaches and mice in my room.  I lived there for a while, and then I met a hippie named Dave and moved in with him.  Things were good for a short time.  I went back to school and started seeing my girls again.  However, this man did not believe in God.  He was into witchcraft and did not want to hear the word God ever spoken from me again.  He started telling me that the Lord was not merciful but angry and a murderer.  He said that all God wants to do is send people to hell and kill them with natural disasters and diseases.  I started listening to what he said and believing him.  He had pot and was an alcholic.  I started smoking the pot and drinking again.  My grades suffered and I never bought food.  This man started saying things that way out of the ordinary so I left and moved in with a friend.  A bunch of guys that I had befriended were constant suppliers of pot, and they were a bad bunch.  I was with them all of the time smoking and drinking.  Something very bad then happened, I was being stalked by the man that I used to have a relationship with, the abusive relationship.  He started following me throughout the city and was telling people that he was going to end the lives of myself and my children, and anyone else that was important to me.  He threatened to cut the brake lines in my friend's car.  He did actually do this as one day my friend got into her car and was driving the down when her brakes did not work.  Thank God she wasn't far from her home and she was able to get help.  I had been on my friend's computer most of the time in chat rooms.  I felt lonely and was trying to make friends.  I was living in Berks County in the city of Reading, PA at the time of all of my troubles.  I went into a York, PA chat room and over time I met a man and we became very good friends.  I was still getting threats from my stalker so I decided it was time to leave my friend's home as I did not want her to get hurt because of my living with her.  I started talking to my new male friend over the phone and i told him ablut everything.  He offered me to come and stay with him for a while in York, so I graciously accepted.  I was so glad to be leaving Reading.  I moved in with my friend that is now my boyfriend in 2003.  We have been together for almost five years and have plans to get married, not yet, but in the near future.  This man's name is Tom.  I love him so much.  He is a good Christian man and he lead me back to Jesus.  I have become reborn as of three months ago.  My life is beautiful, all of my needs have been met, both physically and spiritually.  I do have one issue though, my ex-husband is not allowing me to see my daughters, so I gave up my rights to my children, but I did not legally give up my rights, I did not sign any papers nor have an attorney.  I want my children back, I am heartbroken, and I am sure that they are too.  They have been through so much from what you have read since the beginning of my story.  I really need prayer for there to be a way to see my daughters again.  I have so many bills and I can't afford a lawyer right now.  I live off of SSI.  My finances are tight.  I am very blessed though by the Lord, I am here and I am safe, and I have made a new beginning.  Praise Jesus!  I remember when I was in a Wonderland Memories game room.  I was talking to someone about the Lord and I said God Bless You.  This is when I met Kenny and he told me about CIP.  I became a member and at first I was very shy and reluctant to speak to anyone.  I started attending prayer meets and I came upon a miracle, at least it was a miracle to me, that there are people in this world who truly love and care about me by the grace of God.  I started listening and observing in the meets.  I then started praying with everyone.  I came out of my shell!  Praise the Lord.  Now after bieng with CIP for a few months and meeting some really great people, I have decided to get involved with CIP and lead a few prayer meets.  I have been lead here by the Lord and he is doing great things with me.  I pray about this all the time.  I apologize for the long post, but my story was a great long struggle with life lessons, trials, and tribulations.  I just had to tell you all of it to have you all see the great things Jesus that has done for me and continues to do.  God saved my life and lead to my soul mate and here to CIP.  I have read some great testimonies here.  I hope that mine may help someone out there to find Jesus and have everlasting life and salvation through Jesus.  What an AWESOME Lord we have!  I also want to say God Bless All Of You and the Leaders and managers of CIP.  Thank you for being here, for without you I never had been born again. God Bless and may the Lord continue to Bless CIP so that you can keep performing your great works and ministry.  May more lost souls that are seeking the Lord come here to CIP and be saved!  Praise Jesus!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:06:20 pm »

Thank-you so much Christie for posting your testimony!  It is such a blessing to see how God has worked in your life AND how you have allowed Him to guide you again!  God will continue to work in you and through you as you continue to glorify Him in your life! 

I pray for God's amazing blessings to cover you each day!
In Christ's love,
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 09:59:55 am »

Christie  i was talking too you about God and cip.i had seen you a couple of times in wonderland,i am glad you followed your heart and took a step of faith too a new direction God has for you..Praise God Christy you are here with the great family, God has Built.And i am really Looking forward in seeing you grow here with us in Christ.
Thank you for sharing your Testimonie Christy, because there may be others out there that even may be hurting their child and them self,and this is what they need too see Christy!!How God pulled you out of it all.I will keep that in prayer that God will provide a way for you too see your Kids again.
Christy.....faith with out corrisponding action is dead....So please keep your faith working...and Live bye faith ,not bye sight,and i see you are doing that now...God bless you Christy....God has plans for you as i can Just feel it every time i see you in prayer,pogo,in post,i Just feel he has More to come for you as well as every one here.
Love Brother in Christ,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
Cuddlz42
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 11:03:37 pm »

((((Christie)))))
Thank you so much for sharing your testimony !!
It is very aparent that God has a perfect plan and purpose for your life sis! as we can already see the begining of his plans ! PRAISE THE LORD!!
I am so looking forward to seeing you post more, and grow with us ALL here!!

I will be praying about your kids !

Lots of love, hugs and prayers
Your sis in Christ
Deb
Report Spam   Logged
tervana1

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 03:57:39 pm »

Well Miss Christy, aren't you something!!  I should say aren't you something with the hand of God on your life.  Only good things can happen for you as long as our Lord is watching out for you.  Your testimony is so much like my daughters that I felt I was reading hers.  Your recent salvation is proof that you want only light shining in your life.  Surround yourself with everything God.  Music, books, bible and friends and if you like, e-mail me.  God bless you

Your friend in Christ,  Terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
cometsweep32
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 06:58:34 am »

(((((terri))))),

Thank you so much for reading my testimony!  I really appreciate the kind words, and yes I most certainly want God shining in my life.  I have come long way since all of that happened.  I love my daughters, they are my life.  I am so glad that the Lord blessed with me them.  I guess everything does happen for a reason.  I do know this much about it, God has taught me a life's lesson from that.  I have learned to never take God for granted again, and to love my daughters with all of my heart.  I have never loved my children as much as I do today.  God Bless You Terri.

Your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
TABBYCATMELVIN

Remember God loves us all.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 05:02:56 am »

CHRISTIE THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS.  I'M GLAD THAT THE LORD LED YOU TO TOM AND AND TO CIP.  YOU ARE A BLESSING TO ME AND OTHERS THAT YOU MEET.  I BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR PRAYERS IN HIS OWN TIME.  I HOPE TO GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER.

LOVE YOUR SISTER IN CHRIST,

TABITHA
Report Spam   Logged

We all need to remember to lift each other up in prayer daily.  We also need to remember that there is no problem big or small that God can't take care off.  Wejust have to hand them over to him. 
Love from your sister in Christ, Tabitha
cometsweep32
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 08:55:01 am »

(((((Tabitha)))),

Thank you for reading my testimony.  I know that what I did is really difficult for some people to accept and they think I am some kind of monster.  I would really like to get to know you better too.  My yahoo messenger and email address is glory_b_2god@yahoo.com  God Bless You hun.

Your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 10:23:54 pm »

cHRISTIE,

I AM AMAZED, I AM OVERWHELMED ON YOUR WONDERFUL TESTIMONY.  IT HAS MOVED ME SO MUCH AND BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES.  I AM WORKIGN ON MY TESTIMONY SOON AS I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO WORK OUR YET, AND THEN I WILL BE READY.  BUT I WILL TOLD YOUR TESTIMONY IN MY HEART AND REMIND ME HOW GOD WORKS.  THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR SHARING. 

MAY THE LORD KEEP BLESSING YOU AND DRAWING YOU EVEN CLOSER AND CLOSER AND NEVER LET YOU GO. 
SIS IN CHRIST
MUCH LOVE
JACKIE
Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
cometsweep32

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 05:37:55 am »

((((Jackie)))),

Thank you for reading my testimony.  I am glad that it touched you and has shown you how God works in a person's life.  I have come a long way since all of that happened. God Bless you.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
WingzOfPrayerP
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 10:03:51 am »

WOW!! What a testimony!! Thank  you so much for sharing it with us. I know it was not easy to do. I know God will work things out with you and your daughters. I do not think you are a monster......I think you were a very hurting lady who didn't know how to deal with life and now God has brought you out and set you on firm ground. He will teach you day by day how to walk through life with grace and love. Now you need to forgive yourself and accept the love God and His children are offering. You are a blessed child of God and I am glad for the chance to get to know you. Its always amazing to see how God can take a life.......no matter how messed up and turned it around. Its awesome! God bless you hun and keep you safe.

Your Sister In Christ,
Barbara
Report Spam   Logged
Char4Jesus

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:39:40 am »

Christie,  it is so wonderful to see how God can and will turn a life around.  Your situation with your daughters will be in my prayers.  I am so glad that God led to to cip and that I've gotten to meet you.  Always remember that all your past has been forgiven by the blood of Jesus and a new life begun.  Also remember that you are never alone,  God is always at your side and we are too.

God Bless you and I love you

Charlene
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you
tervana1

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 12:39:18 pm »

((Christie))

I hadn't read your testimony in a long time. Isn't it amazing how far God brings us! Oh gosh...it's such a privilege to know you and to see how you have overcome. Through God's mercy and grace and your devotion.. look at you now!!  You are so loved here Sweetpea and we all appreciate everything you do for us and CIP. smitten

God bless you,
your sis for life,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
cometsweep32

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 12:42:28 pm »

(((((Terri))))),

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I have, by the glory of God, come a very long way.  I am so appreciative to the Lord for the second chance that he gave me.  God is so awesome!  I love you all very much too.  CIP has been such a blessing as well as all the friends  I have made here.  God Bless You all.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:54:06 pm by cometsweep32 » Report Spam   Logged
Lona211

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 01:15:19 pm »

Christie,
Thank your for shareing, Praise the Lord for how He brought you throu all this.Christie my how this may help someone else who thinks that God  dose not answer prayer and pick us up when  a person feel like there is no hope or help out there for them .some times it takes something like this for us to go throu to get our  eyes open and really see how far down we can get. but Praise God  He is there waiting to pick us up and love us and get us back where we belong.thank You Jesus for bringing Christie back into your arms and loving her in your special way. Lord keep her two girles safe and may they be united back with there mother, My heart goes out to them and Christy,
Keep blessing Christie Lord and may she keep doing great work for you.All for your glory and I can just see Lord the glory she has given to you since she came back. thank you Lord that  there is nothing no matter how bad it gets that you can't forgive,
Thank you Chrisitie for such a awesome testimony, i relived it with you.Thank You Jesus !!
i love you and you have come a long way bless your heart.
your sister Leona
Report Spam   Logged

What You Are Is God's Gift to You And What You Become Is Your Gift To God. Leona
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 07:34:34 pm »

Hey (((((Christy))))))
I reade your testimonie again,I still in awee of you.
I still remember the time you first came too cip,You sure had your ups and downs,and now i see now how Much you have taken control of your selfe,with God and Cip Ministrie.

I am so glad and proude of you in how you grew.This is why God gave others a vision too leade others too Christ since most of us was not going too church.So he Made a ministrie grow,and it is still growing.He wants our fellow ship with him,he wants us because he made us.
Romans 8:28 in all thingsd God works for Good,of those who love him,and for those who have been called.
Christy!Yaou surley have been called,as all of those who Joined this Ministrie...With A purpose.
Christy i am glad some one responded too this Post again because i believe God had this Post too come out for some one else here in Cip too see.
Who knows,but it amazes me in how Much you came along way.
And you know what?? No one else  could of helped you,but you and God,It was Bye choice Christy and Gods work in you,  too make you what you are today from 5 months ago. Wow Christy!!It is 5 Months ago you came back too cip and told us you was not allowing nothing or the enimy make you leave again,and you Did Just that,you let nothing make you leave..Hallelujah Girl. smitten
I love you my dear Freind and sister,and your boyfriend is So blessed too have you,i know it.
Have a blessed Night Christy,we the family of Christinpogo.com and Jesus loves you.
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
cometsweep32

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 07:59:57 am »

I just want to say thank you to all of you that have read my testimony.  I really appreciate the words of kindness and encouragement.  You are all so very dear to me and I love you very much.  Thank you Jesus for bringing these wonderful people into my life.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 10:22:39 pm »

((((Christie)))))
Thank you so much for sharing your testimony !!
It is very apparent that God has a perfect plan and purpose for your life sis! as we can already see the beginning of his plans ! PRAISE THE LORD!!
I am so looking forward to seeing you post more, and grow with us ALL here!!

Brother, in Christ
Blaine
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: