Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 29, 2024, 01:54:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Why Do We Do It

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do We Do It  (Read 615 times)
tervana1

« on: December 03, 2007, 09:24:55 pm »

Why do we try to change ourselves?  Isn't that what we do when we abuse our bodies with alcohol and drugs?  What is it that causes us to not be comfortable in our own skin?  I can think of a few, 

Insecurity,
low self-esteem,
The feeling we're all alone in this great big world,
The yearning to fit in somewhere, someplace,
The feeling of not being loved... just to name a few.

This forum is not here to condemn or judge you. We are here to help one another in getting past the evils of addiction.  And yes addiction comes from the enemy and it is evil!!  The Bible tells us in 1 Peter: 5-8,

"Be self-controlled and alert.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

Alchohol and drugs can devour you.  Addictions can also devour a family and everyone who loves the person that is abusing themselves.  Addictions can tear apart families, cause disease in our bodies and kill.  So instead of giving the enemy a foothold in our lives let's help each other fight him, and put our trust back in God so He can finish the work He started in you the day you were born.  So let's talk about it.  Let's share our struggles with chemical dependence.  Together we can work it out.

Resources;

Father, Son and Holy Spirit,

www.al-anon.org
www.al-anon.alateen.org  1-888-425-2666
National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence Hope Line  1-800475-HOPE
www.alcoholics-anonymous.org

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 04:53:20 pm by tervana1 » Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cometsweep32

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:38:48 am »

I can name a few reasons why I used drugs.  I was insecure, low self-esteem, isolation, depression, and physical abuse.  I abused marajuana, crack, and alcohol.  It was my escape and way of dealing with my problems.  I felt very small and alone.  I was being physically abused.  I was self-medicating with drugs and alcohol.  I would not turn to God.  I blamed him for all of my problems.  I lost my children and my freedom.  I can tell you how important it is to turn to God when you feel all of these emotions and when you feel alone in this world.  Jesus is the one person who will never you leave you alone nor forsake you.

Your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Hesmyfriend2

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 02:38:16 pm »

What about self- harming? That's an abuse too which is hard to stop doing.
Lisa
Report Spam   Logged
cometsweep32

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 04:53:36 pm »

Lisa,

You are right self-harming is abuse.  I used to self-mutilate by cutting myself.  I was able to stop by the grace of God.  I am so thankful to have Jesus in my life.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Hesmyfriend2

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 07:12:14 pm »

How did you manage to stop and was it gradual. Christie?
I know I still do it but not as much as I used to.
Report Spam   Logged
cometsweep32

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 06:14:10 am »

Lisa,

I self-muiltated for a year. I was able to stop by getting counseling and just by one day getting tired enough of hurting myself.  If you ever want to talk, please email me at cstoudt1973@hotmail.com.  I also have msn messenger.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Buf1923

THE LORD IS MY REFUGE AND MY STRENGTH

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 02:55:20 pm »

I know that being abused for so long that I tend to abuse myself but cutting.  I tend to hold what I feel inside,  and then when I want to get it out, I can't and when I cut is when I can actually feel it releasing.  Now this is why now knowing it not right I try so very hard not to do it.  It has been a while since I have done it but can't lie that the thought hasn't been there and wanting to do it .  But I also hate to eat.  I have develop anexia and bulmic .  I hate to eat.  And I eat just to make sure people see me eat but then get rid of it when people aren't looking.  Then I exercise excessively to loose it.

The cutting has not happened, but the eating is something to desire right now .  But I believe that all this is a process that I must deal with and it was there for a long time and it won't disappear over nite.   

This is very hard for me to admit all this.  But I know that it is a good thing  that I have .   

I know that the Lord is working in all of us.  One day God is going to heal all those who are still struggling and we just need to keep coming to him and depend on the Lord.  And ask for help  and repent for what we have done. 

Report Spam   Logged

Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.
Hesmyfriend2

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 04:04:24 am »

I know it's a while since I wrote in here, but I'm still
fighting it and feel I've failed Him so many times that
a barrier has gone up that can't be broken.
Wish it would swallow me up sometimes, then I would
be free of it, but that won't happen either.
I know I shouldn't write in this frame of mind so I'll
stop. Should I hit the post button or not? Might as
well, tho I'd better lie low for a while then.
Report Spam   Logged
cometsweep32

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 05:52:09 am »

Lisa,
It is good to see you again though I wish the circumstances were different.  I do know where you are coming from.  You must not give up.  Put your trust in the Lord and lay your burdens at his feet.  He wants to bear your burdens and lift you up.  If you ever need to talk you have my email address from one of my posts above in this thread.  You could also send me a PM here on CIP.  God Bless You and I love You.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
pauline1028

GIVE A HUG~GET A HUG

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 08:32:34 am »

THIS IS A GREAT TOPIC!
THERE ARE SO MANY THAT ARE HURTING, WHO NEVER TELL ANYONE.
THIS IS A SAFE PLACE TO POUR YOUR HEARTS OUT!! WE ARE FAMILY HERE!
YOU MAY BE HELPING SOME ELSE,WHO IS AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT THIER PROBLEMS!!
I WILL KEEP YOU ALL IN MY PRAYERS!   

NEVER GIVE UP ON THE LORD!!!smitten
HE HEARS YOU AND WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU!!smitten
Report Spam   Logged

Love your Sister in Christ
Pauline  <>< <>< <><
Hesmyfriend2

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 08:26:24 am »

Thanks .. had a bad weekend.. I fail too much.
Report Spam   Logged
Char4Jesus

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 09:23:59 am »

Lisa,  so many of us are praying for you, but you really, really need to seek counseling.  Counseling (preferably christian) and medication can help.  You don't have to do it alone, there are people out there that can help.  Please find counseling and let us know that you have.  Let us know how it is going.  You are always in my prayers.

Charlene
Report Spam   Logged

God Bless you and I love you
cometsweep32

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 03:53:40 pm »

(((Lisa))),
Charlene is correct.  It would greatly benefit you to seek counseling and possibly get some medication to help yourself.  I have gone through this myself Lisa.  I used to cut all the time.  I got counseling and I take medication.  I haven't cut myself in seven years now.  So, do not give up, help is available to you and God will never forsake nor leave you.  God is what got me through the toughest times Lisa.  We all love you here and you are in our daily prayers.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged
Tara5684

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 06:19:54 pm »

Yes Charlene is right, you need to find someone to help you. I know it might be a little embarrasing to go get help but that is what you need. Find someone youf eel comfortable with and get the help you need.
Your Sister In Christ
Tara
Report Spam   Logged

He alone is my rock and my savation, He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalms 62:2 NIV)
Tara Foster Smiley

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: