Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 28, 2024, 05:38:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Where was Jesus?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where was Jesus?  (Read 238 times)
Hesmyfriend2

« on: April 20, 2008, 02:45:14 am »

When Jesus went to the cross and died, even though he was raised again in the 3 days, before Jesus was raised again where was Jesus in these 3 days and even though God knew his son would raise again to be with him did God grieve in this time for his son?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:01:41 pm »

Where was Jesus on Saturday, after the cross on Friday and before the resurrection on Sunday?  Jesus went to Hell.

Jesus went to Hell with our sins. He triumphed over death in the pit where death is king. He loved us so much that He went to the cross on Friday, but perhaps an even greater measure of His love is that He went to Hell with our sins on Saturday.

You’re likely familiar with The Apostle’s Creed which says that Jesus went into Hell. Traditionally this view is based on a couple of texts (1 Peter 3:19-4:6 and Acts 2:27 where Peter is preaching and quotes from The Psalmist). And you have to consider the prison for fallen angels in Jude 6 and Paul having said Jesus descended into the lower regions (Ephesians 4:9).

I think you can support the idea of Jesus going to Hell from the scriptures. But I believe this idea is most strongly supported when we think of God’s character. How far would He go to show His love? How far is Hell?

It’s Saturday and Jesus goes to hell. But Sunday’s coming.

I don't think there is a specific scripture in the Bible that refers to how God felt as He watched His Son die for us, or how He felt knowing His Son was going to hell for us (if anyone does, please add it here).  I think that He had to be saddened to see Jesus take on the sins of the world.  Afterall, Jesus was pure in every way, and to take on all sin of man, and to experience sin at all must have hurt God to see.  But He knew it was necessary to secure our eternal salvation with Him in Heaven! 

Hope this helps you some Lisa,
Your Sis,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
BaldEagle4Christ

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 05:19:17 am »

Hi there ((Suger))

Georgie is soo right,
Please rememeber,we will not know every thing why God did the things he did.
But one thing i do know God did it because he Loved us so Much,he would allow his son too suffer and die for our sins soo we may Live eternity.
Proberbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your hearts and not lean not ontoo your own understanding...
John 3:16 saids For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that who ever Believed in him shall not perish.

Carol!
In Psalm 119:105 tells us thy words are the lamp on too our feet and the Light on too our Path.
It saids it all,when we get More in readeing the old Testement and the New Testements it will excplain allot in history of the bible of When God Made earth and heaven so there be Life,He did it with a Purpose.He is God suger.

Suger,i go too http://www.oneyearbibleonline.com/ and that is where i can reade my bible in one year,it has alittle of the new testement and the old testement,as you reade it daily,you will begine too learn what God has for you too learn each day.
It is that Good.
Yes i know at times It is hard too understand,but when times goes On we learn.
I been reading the bible for over 3 years and still am learning things.I know each time i go over the bible i see More i did not see before,and i learn More.
That is why fellow ship,bible study and Church is soo importent my friend.
We Must grow spiritually.
I hope with what me and Georgie had said Had help you.
If you have any More question feel free too ask More,we Love too help.And oh Yes

Carol,Please do not be discouraged if no one replys right away,it means they are Looking up the bible,and finding the right answer too your questions before they respond ok.It is so importent they do that,so you would understand it.
in Christ love,
Kenny
Report Spam   Logged

Repentance involves (Change),in your attitudes,your mind and in your action.
Blainepyle88
Rep, Sgt. of Arms, & CEO.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 12:18:47 am »

thank you for sharing the info
Report Spam   Logged

Blaine E Pyle, Jr
JCIMESAK

His word is a lamp unto my feet

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:25:25 pm »

As has been stated by others, Christ indeed went into the depths of the earth (ie: Hell) and He went there for a specific purpose.  You must keep in mind that prior to Christs ascension, the spirits of the dead went to a certain place, not heaven, and this place was divided into 2 sections, one for those who had followed God and followed the law with all of its requirements.... and those who did not obey and the gentiles.....

Those who did not obey and the uninformed gentiles, Christ went to preach the kingdom of God to.... those who believed he led out of their captivity (along with the group prior mentioned) and they were ushered to heaven on that glorious Sunday when He arose and people saw the dead walking the streets of the city....

Matt 27:52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

1 Pet 3:19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited

Eph 4:8-10 Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men."  9 (Now this, "He ascended"--what does it mean but that He also first  descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

Everyone then had been given the chance to hear the gospel message and has chose to or not to follow Christ.  

This can be an exhaustive and awesome study.... for now I just cut to the quick to give you a short answer..... hope this helps clarify for you.

JCIMESAK aka Kathy
Report Spam   Logged

IHS
tervana1

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:51:13 pm »

Hi Kathy...I enjoyed your viewpoint. While I totally agree that the saints of old were ushered into the Heaven when Jesus was resurrected I tend to disagree with what you say Jesus' purpose was. There are many interpretations for 1 Peter 3:19. My opinion may be different than yours but that doesn't make me right. I do not believe that the Bible suggests in any way that anyone gets a second chance to hear and respond to the gospel after we die. For example, Hebrews 9:27, 28 says, "And just as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him." Therefore when Jesus went to Sheol it doesn't mean he preached the people out, it means He ministered to them.  We have to remember that the people of the Old Testament did not live under grace. They were aware however of God's power and omnipotance.

The most important word in the Old Testament that speaks of the afterlife is the Hebrew word Sheol, which occurs sixty five times. In the King James version of the Bible it is translated 'hell' thirty one times, grave 'thirty one times, and pit three times. This inconsistency in translation has caused some confusion regarding what Sheol really means. There is a Hebrew word than can only be translated 'grave 'kever' but the writers often preferred to use the word Sheol because it encompassed the region of departed spirits who were conscious, either in bliss or torment.

Jacob went down into Sheol and was 'gathered to his people'. Genesis 49-33. Abraham was assured by the Lord that he would go down to his fathers in peace. Genesis 15-15. There are hints in the Old Testament that Sheol has different regions. Both the wicked and the righteous are said to go to Sheol.  Luke 16:23-26 goes into detail about a rich man that went into Hades (the Greek translation of the old Testament Sheol.)  The man saw Abraham and Lazarus in his bosom. He said "Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and ool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame."  This passage clearly shows that the division between Hades and Abrahams bosom but yet only a chasm divided them.

I know I got way off track here. I tend to that Kathy. lol I'm interested in where you get your reference to the gentiles being in Sheol. All people that died before the resurrection of Christ were there, Jew and Gentile. There is no reference that I can find talking about uninformed gentiles. Anyway...I have gone on long enough. Thanks for the opportunity Kathy to dig into my Bible. smitten

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10
JCIMESAK

His word is a lamp unto my feet

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 07:12:38 pm »

To answer some of your points Tervana........

First of all, ALL Gentiles world wide were uninformed about the only true God unless they chose to become a Jew, then they were expected to comply with all laws and regulations.  The Jews were not only a nation but a religion.

Secondly, if Jesus went to 'preach to the spirits who were formerly disobedient'.... we must draw from that that the people he preached to in Sheol/hell were disobedient, were in the area (of the chasm Sheol/hell) of those who did not deserve to be with God, and Jesus went to preach to them to give them the opportunity to accept the gospel message, to come by faith.  Theses were Old Testament people obviously..... and possibly any up to the days of Christ who had not heard of the one and only true God and the long awaited Messiah.

Also, when Jesus was giving us the story of Lazarus He had not yet died on gone down into the depths of the earth so indeed the chasm was in place.... it was dismantled on Easter Sunday when our Lord led the captives out of sheol/hell.

This subject has been a long debate for Christians but I believe our Lords own words make it clear what the true meaning of any given subject is.  He has hidden His gems here and there in simple statements for those who will obediently dig in His word for the answers.  Don't you just love digging in His word and finding things??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

IHS
tervana1

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 07:32:39 pm »

Ohh you are so right Kathy about this being a huge debate among believers. We should take all scripture as the absolute true Word of God and let Him talk to us about the meaning. There are certain passages in the Bible that we won't clearly understand until we meet our Lord face to face. While I think I have a pretty clear answer to this particular subject I'm not comfortable in debating it however. Thanks for the dialogue Kathy, God bless you.

love,
terri
Report Spam   Logged

"HE PERFORMS WONDERS THAT CANNOT BE FATHOMED, MIRACLES THAT CANNOT BE NUMBERED" 
Job 9:10

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: