Bookmark and Share

Christ In Pogo Fellowship Ministry

We all need the affirmation of others and thus our faith can be strengthened through the bonds of love, caring and fellowship that have developed through this ministry. Basic spiritual and human values are shared together and subsequent friendships develop. Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters!

*Insert Awesome Forum Name Here*
March 29, 2024, 01:27:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   Welcome to the 'Christ In Pogo' Fellowship Ministry Message Boards!  Please feel free to add new topics.  The New Topic button is found on the top right of the page on each of the boards.  And please feel free to reply to the posts already made!  We love the fellowship and value your ideas and input. Guests may read almost all boards but must first register to be able to post. To join us, fill in the short form located on the website at www.christinpogo.com/contact.htm  Our goal is to spread the Word of Christ with love and understanding.  We hope you make 'Christ In Pogo' your home and we look forward to knowing each and every one of you. 
God Is Blessing Us!  Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Can I Be a Christian and Still Have Fun?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I Be a Christian and Still Have Fun?  (Read 167 times)
CanuckLynn
Administrator

Where God is, love is!

« on: May 05, 2008, 08:53:28 am »

One of the most common questions that new Christian young people have is if they can still have fun. There is a great misconception that Christians don't have any fun. Many non-believers think that Christians need to feel guilty if they are having fun, and that God's rules are designed to make Christian's lives miserable. However, the Bible tells us that God meant for Christians to have fun in a number of ways. Being a believer means great celebration and joy, both in our lives here on Earth and after.

God's Word on Having Fun

God meant for believers to have fun and celebrate. There are a number of examples throughout the Bible of great celebrations. David danced. The Jews celebrated upon their exodus from Egypt. Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding celebration. God meant for believers to celebrate and have fun because celebrations lift the spirit. He wants Christian teens and adults to have fun so they can see the beauty and meaning in the life He gave to us.
Matthew 25: 21 - "The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!" (NLT)
2 Samuel 6:14-15 - "David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the LORD with all his might, while he and the entire house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets." (NIV)

When Having Fun Isn't Very Godly

While God wants Christians to have fun, there are some limits to what kind of fun can be had. There are some activities that may seem fun but can have long-term physical and spiritual consequences. If the "fun" activity involves sin, then it isn't something edifying to God. When your "fun" is self-involved or indulgent it takes away from your faith and your witness. Sinful activity does not need to be a part of an activity to make it fun. There is plenty of joy to be had without sin.

Proverbs 13:9 - "The light of the righteous shines brightly, but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out." (NIV)
1 Peter 4:3 - "You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy—their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols." (NLT)

Your Sis,
Georgie
Report Spam   Logged

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil- it has no point.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cometsweep32

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:50:32 am »

I have done many things in my past that I thought was fun at the time.  Now, after becoming a child of God, I have a whole new perspective on what it means to have fun.  Thank you for sharing.

your sister in Christ,
Christie
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: